The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Help finding Trainer Stats…..

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Help finding Trainer Stats…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    randburger
    • Total Posts 23

As the NH season is about to get into full swing properly, Im trying to find various trainer stats and am having no luck – so hoping some people can help!!

Im trying to find – A list of the top 30 NH Trainers for the past 5 seasons – Which months of the year each trainer performs best in – Which race types they perform best in – Which class of races they tend to do best in – etc, etc..

Basically Im trying to find a full and comprehensive statistics database, preferably free of charge and available online!!!

I know the RP would be a good place to start but dont think it has all I need???

Any ideas folks would be much appreciated……….

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

The RP site is definitely the place. Start off by clicking the ‘Statistics’ tab on the Homepage then select ‘Trainers’ and ‘GB Jumps’. You can select the year which will give you your top 30 for each of the past five years (and more if you want). If you want to drill down even further then select each trainer individually and on their profile you can click the statistics tab and get their results by Course, Distance, Month, Race Type and Jockey.

randburger
    • Total Posts 23

Thanks for the reply Tuffers – Im trying to find out which trainers have been (in order from most successful downwards ), Like a trainer table for the past 5 seasons. Total Wins-Runs %’s for the past 5 seasons…

Is this possible??

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1571

I think that information used to be in Horses in Training. Its been some years since I bought a copy but probably worthwhile for all the information it contains.

TuffersTuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

Thanks for the reply Tuffers – Im trying to find out which trainers have been (in order from most successful downwards ), Like a trainer table for the past 5 seasons. Total Wins-Runs %’s for the past 5 seasons…

Is this possible??

That information is available on each individual trainer’s profile so if you take the top thirty for last year and then check their individual profiles you should be on the right track.

sandwith100
    • Total Posts 47

Racing Ahead magazine usually does something on this topic around the time of its October issue.
    Last time i read an article there were some striking stats of trainers who have their horses ready early.

randburger
    • Total Posts 23

In fact, has anyone read ‘Trainer Stats’ by Raceform? I think it gets published twice a year to cover flat and national hunt racing? Does this contain the info Im after??

Pajo
    • Total Posts 56

You can find what you want (and a whole lot more) at horseracebase.com

Its subscription but an incredibly powerful piece of kit. Well worth it.

Pajo
    • Total Posts 56

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.