The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Guineas day: scuse me while I stifle many yawns

Home Forums Horse Racing Guineas day: scuse me while I stifle many yawns

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

… good day for inside info.

Heavens! The bravery of some of those big bets at newmarket!

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28411

Prof’s had another bad day’s punting. :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

Prof’s had another bad day’s punting. :roll:

Didn’t bet, didn’t even bother.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

I don’t know why you bother with racing at all Professor. The only pleasure you seem to take from it is in not taking pleasure from it.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

I don’t know why you bother with racing at all Professor. The only pleasure you seem to take from it is in not taking pleasure from it.

I haven’t watched the Newmarket coverage yet but it clearly must have been a very enthusiasm-sapping experience for the good Professor.

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

As a matter of fact I take a lot of pleasure and, perhaps more importantly,

diversion

from it. But the game needs rigorous public criticism and debate, and as I’ve said many times here: I suspect the racing forum elder statesman do not really approve of that when all is said and done.

I had things to do yesterday so ignored the whole day’s racing and had a watch when I got in last night. It looked yawnworthy to me (but most Newmarket racing looks boring to me, maybe it’s the track). I checked again this morning, to make sure a few glasses of vino hadn’t made me unduly harsh or cynical. But no, the 2000 guineas

was

boring, and as a betting proposition punters either had to rely on guesswork or rumour. It may have been heaven for anoraks but to this normal human being it didn’t look like anything worth jumping up and down about.

okjoe57
    Participant
    • Total Posts 189

Harsh perspective from the Prof but must say I’m surprised at the lack of posts in here re the 2000 outcome so maybe he has a point.

Yes, I had a bad day, too!

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

When I read the title, I wondered how you intended to stifle the many yawns likely to occur as a result of this thread…

Personally, I can’t wait until Auteuil and the emergence of the juvenile hurdlers followed by the actual jumps season and I wouldn’t attend a free admittance flat meeting taking place across the road unless I had a very good reason. I’ll keep a vague interest in Frankel and maybe go to Doncaster if Camelot is on for the triple crown. But by and large, I’m not really interested in the flat. So in the meantime, I will spend some time abroad, watch the Tour De France, watch the Euros and try to get my di­ck wet. What I’m not going to do is go out of my own way to bemoan the flat season for those who really enjoy it as that just wouldn’t be gracious.

I have suggested that you’re a troll but I’m not positive on that one. I mean your emergence came about after another was booted but I just don’t think you’re sophisticated enough for that. I would suggest you’re intellectually retarded but you’ve demonstrated that you’re somewhat well read. I’m quite sure though that you are emotionally retarded. The timing and content of your posts suggest you have issues with alcohol and gambling and your constant (admittedly successful) cries for attention suggest that there are several things missing in your life and your acting out is an attempt to fulfil your insecurities or at the very least distract you from them.

So I propose that you take a step away from the computer, go a month without watching any horse racing, stay away from the bookies and unravel something about yourself. Get to know your family. Talk to somebody who could develop into that someone special. Learn how to play an instrument or take up a language. Explore the world… it is full of discovery! You’re a long time dead my friend and you could be so much happier than you are today.

Or not… I don’t really care what you do from here as this will be the last time I respond to one of your cries :)

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

When I read the title, I wondered how you intended to stifle the many yawns likely to occur as a result of this thread…

Personally, I can’t wait until Auteuil and the emergence of the juvenile hurdlers followed by the actual jumps season and I wouldn’t attend a free admittance flat meeting taking place across the road unless I had a very good reason. I’ll keep a vague interest in Frankel and maybe go to Doncaster if Camelot is on for the triple crown. But by and large, I’m not really interested in the flat. So in the meantime, I will spend some time abroad, watch the Tour De France, watch the Euros and try to get my di­ck wet. What I’m not going to do is go out of my own way to bemoan the flat season for those who really enjoy it as that just wouldn’t be gracious.

I have suggested that you’re a troll but I’m not positive on that one. I mean your emergence came about after another was booted but I just don’t think you’re sophisticated enough for that. I would suggest you’re intellectually retarded but you’ve demonstrated that you’re somewhat well read. I’m quite sure though that you are emotionally retarded. The timing and content of your posts suggest you have issues with alcohol and gambling and your constant (admittedly successful) cries for attention suggest that there are several things missing in your life and your acting out is an attempt to fulfil your insecurities or at the very least distract you from them.

So I propose that you take a step away from the computer, go a month without watching any horse racing, stay away from the bookies and unravel something about yourself. Get to know your family. Talk to somebody who could develop into that someone special. Learn how to play an instrument or take up a language. Explore the world… it is full of discovery! You’re a long time dead my friend and you could be so much happier than you are today.

Or not… I don’t really care what you do from here as this will be the last time I respond to one of your cries :)

I’ve got a healthy sex life, thank you. As for the rest: gold medal for pomposity! Well done. Hope you get your dick wet.

threenaps
    Participant
    • Total Posts 315

I must be an anorak ! :mrgreen:

Prof,you’ll be ok today if you have ATR, 14 NH races from Gowran Park and Sligo and not a flat race on that channel. (unless NH bumpers bore you also).

Myself, I’ll enjoy the racing from Newmarket.

Like you I often have to check the day after I post anything, Red Wine can be a problem, especially after backing the 2000 Guineas winner and getting a return from the exacta on my birthday, I just had to go and buy another bottle.

Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

I must be an anorak ! :mrgreen:

Prof,you’ll be ok today if you have ATR, 14 NH races from Gowran Park and Sligo and not a flat race on that channel. (unless NH bumpers bore you also).

Myself, I’ll enjoy the racing from Newmarket.

Like you I often have to check the day after I post anything, Red Wine can be a problem, especially after backing the 2000 Guineas winner and getting a return from the exacta on my birthday, I just had to go and buy another bottle.

You backed a winning favourite at a titchy price. I humbly salute your punting prowess. Aye, we consort with gods on here, we truly do.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979
    Professortrubshawe
    • Total Posts 505

But the game needs rigorous public criticism and debate

Good job you’re here then PT.

That’s what I think, Cormack! Nice to be in agreement.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

Hope you get your dick wet.

I’ve always found my trusty incontinence pants a great help in these distressing situations.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28411

… good day for inside info.

Heavens! The bravery of some of those big bets at newmarket!

Hardly a debate though, is it Prof?
    If there is no reasoning

at the beginning

of the thread it just comes across as a moan.

Value Is Everything
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Prof, you say the game need criticism, and by that you surely imply criticism of a contructuve nature :?:

How does your criticism help the game in any way? :?

It’s yawm this yawn that, yet you never articulate a contructuve argument for positive change.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

I have suggested that you’re a troll but I’m not positive on that one.

I certainly don’t consider Professor Trubshawe to be a troll. Most people would define a troll as some vindictive, nasty, cruel and gratuitously offensive person who invades memorial sites and other web pages of vulnerable, handicapped, bereaved or other unfortunate people and viciously posts taunting and very upsetting comments or doctored photos.
    There is a great difference between that sort of offensive behaviour and posting provocative, controversial and seemingly negative threads about aspects of racing and expressing views which prove unpopular with some other people.
    The Professor invariably eventually backs up his controversial declarations with reasons and I have found them interesting and good reading, not least because they are often robustly argued and defended.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.