The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grimthorpe

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grimthorpe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lemons68Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 426

This looks like having a much bigger entry than previous seasons, so there will hopefully be a good race on the cards.

I like two here, Chidswell at 11-1, and Glittering Love at 12-1.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17031

Yeah, decent entry here mate.

I’d like to have an early play, but the one I really like, Definitly Red, is also entered at Kelso. He’s 8’s here, so not worth the risk.

Le Breuil at 16’s EW another one, but I’ll sit tight just now.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 361

I don’t care which race def runs in , I just don’t want him to have a hard race …..he,s turning into one of my main plays for the grand national

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1251

Definitly Red jumped straight off the page upon first inspection. I’ve backed him for the National already, so anything he does here would be a bonus.

Chidswell looks laid out for a race like this and has been dropped a pound for what I thought was a very good effort here last time.

Captain Chaos is so hot and cold I can never decide what to make of him. This looks well within his range though. Just a case of it being a going day or not.

Any one (or two or three) of those will do me.

I’ll be very interested to see if Le Breuil suddenly finds a bit of form now he’s been dropped a few pounds and given his National weight.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25

I can never read the trainer properly Antepost, and I had a sore loser with one of his for The Skybet Chase, but I’m very tempted by Glittering Love

• Total Posts 17031

Definitely no Antepost here now, as the more I look at Secret Investor at 8’s, the more I like.

If all three in the shortlist turn up, might have no option but to sit it out, but no chance now of an early punt.

• Total Posts 17031

None of my shortlist in the mix here, so very pleased I waited. Definitly Red still in there, but first preference is Kelso.

Tight race, and not one to go nuts with, but I’ll probably have an interest bet on Chidswell at around 8’s.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4755

BOLDMERE at 6/1 for me here

Would have been running here after a hat trick of wins but for falling last time and to be honest all wins have been impressive. He looks a seriously progressive young stayer and can win this before going onto better things.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 361

Since definitely red goes to Kelso I’ve went yalltari ,unexposed and like most of Williams horses will appriate the ground

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 165

Ascot Du Bruyere should relish this, and he’ll do for me at 10-1

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 361

Jesus that was hard to watch , glad def red wasn’t in that

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

Agree, that was not pleasant to watch. I know the horses are probably OK but exhausted horses clambering over the last and almost walking over the line is not my idea of fun.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4755

Terrible to watch. I am glad Boldmere was withdrawn as it will take those that ran a long time to recover

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1479

Where any of the races today at Donny enjoyable? Plenty of non-runners, fields well strung out, very few finishers, too many tired horses imo. I don’t think that the conditions were better than at Newbury today.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

I would have preferred it if the horse who finished third had been pulled up. I suppose the jockey felt he had to keep going in case either of the first two fell but the poor horse could barely raise a gallop. I cannot believe it was in his long term interests to be made to go on to the end.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.