The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand Steeplechase de Paris

Home Forums Horse Racing Grand Steeplechase de Paris

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kifill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 167

I doubt Mid Dancer is the best France has to offer – both Princesse d’Anjou and Or Noir de Somoza ought to have beaten him that day had they stood up. I doubt the mare would beat Kauto Star, but Or Noir de Somoza could be anything and it would make for a fascinating contest one day.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Grassy,

Do you agree with timeform? Over 3m 2f do you think there’s 9lbs between them? I don’t…

Hi Aragorn

I have nothing much to add to DJ’s assessment.

However, what I would say is that, Kauto Star’s stamina over 3m2f hasn’t been entirely proven, due to the way that the Gold Cup was run – a statement which applies equally to Exotic Dancer. They were simply too good.

Whether there is going to be a staying chaser with enough class to put the gun to their heads in the next Gold Cup, is a different matter. Perhaps one of Denman or My Way De Solzen might be the one to do it?

Kifill, I doubt Princess D’Anjou would be good enough to run into the money in a Gold Cup, to be honest. As for Or Noir De Somoza, I reckon he has at least a stone and a half to find, before he would get Kauto Star into a race.

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.