The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

grand national system from direct racing

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems grand national system from direct racing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    northeron
    • Total Posts 3

Somebody on the now defunct direct racing forum higlighted about 7-8 rules when trying to picki the winner of the grand national and it has a really good record including throwing up Monty`s pass last season,i remember some of the rules e.g. age 8-12 weight lower than 11 st,must have run in the previous 42 days,but can any of you recall the full list.

Larry
    • Total Posts 25

Hi Northeron<br>i have this system somewhere  i will find it & post it (unless moderators want me to pm it 2 u )<br>could be a couple of days am VERY busy at work<br>all the best<br>Larry

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Hi Larry,

Please feel to post the system as others might be interested to see it.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

northeron
    • Total Posts 3

Larry. thanks i look forward to it since i remember it having a really good  record of throwing up the winner.

Daylight
    • Total Posts 369

As Matron says please free to add any system here as this is what this forum is for! But what ever happened to direct racing as they were there one day and gone the next, was an official statement ever made or did they just pull the plug without even explaining to their members why?

Larry
    • Total Posts 25

Hi all<br>i hope this helps, this isnt the Grand National system i remember(i have it somewhere but cant find it at the mo)but this one is a GRAND NATIONAL ELIMINATOR<br>1; Any horse that has not won over 3m2f or further will struggle to win at 4m4f<br>2;A horse without at least 2 years chasing experience will struggle in a race of this nature<br>3;A horse without a win in the current season is either out of form or too high in the handicap<br>4;Any horse with more than one fall in the current season is not likely to get round Aintree<br>5;Any horse wearing blinkers is not a good omen, it needs to see around itself<br>6;Any horsewhich has raced constantly throughout the season will be too tired for this stamina test<br>7;Any foreign or irish horse without a previous win over british fences will struggle<br>8;Any horse out of the handicap(scheduled to carry less than 10st)unless the going is soft or heavy<br>this is to eliminate horses not to pick the winner but hope this helps<br>all the best<br>Larry<br>

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hey Matron, whats God doing down here with us mere mortals….. hehehe…… do you think the pressures getting to him yet, Urby told me Daylight was going as nutty as a fruit cake. I hope he aint popped in for the wet towel treatment and you’d better hide those electrodes, I heard he’s a fussy bugger if he aint tried ’em himself. I saw Old Urbs in the surgery a-polishing this long thing, I assed him what it was (hahahaha…. assed, I like it, I like it), and he upped and swore at me, shouted at me, Hanalprobe, thats what it sounded like, can’t find it anywhere in the dictionary…. mmmm….. wonder what it means……<br>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MrE

northeron
    • Total Posts 3

Larry, the grand national system i am talking about is on similar lines but not the same rules to your eliminator,maybe calling it a system was wrong on part.

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Anything that will help me back the National Winner would be vauable! I used to have an excellent record of finding the winner, but sadly not picked one for years (only Earth Summit breaking a long losing run).<br>not sure Larry’s Eliminator system is still applicable as eliminting irish runners who have not won in the UK would have eliminated BobbyJo, also did Papillon and Monty’s Pass win in the UK b4 their triumph? Based on current trends I’m begiining to think a line should be drawn through anything not trained in Ireland! Hedgehunter and Rince Ri anyone?<br>Ollie

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

He has popped down to make sure you are behaving yourself MrE.:biggrin:

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

nall
    • Total Posts 120

1. Eliminate all horses which are "Out of the Handicap"<br>2. Eliminate any horse carrying in excess of 11St-5lbs.<br>3. Eliminate any horse which has not had a run for more than 52 days.<br>4. Eliminate any horse which has had a run in the previous 13 days.<br>5. Eliminate any horse wearing blinkers or visor.<br>6. Eliminate any horse under 8 or over 12 years of age.<br>7. Eliminate any horse which has both failed to win and had a fall during the current season.<br>8. Eliminate any horse which has not been placed in the first three during the current season.<br>9. Eliminate any horse which has not won a race in excess of 3 miles.<br>10. Eliminate any horse not in at least its 2nd season out of novice company.<br>11. Eliminate mares.<br>12. Eliminate winners of the race.<br>13. Eliminate the cheltenham gold cup winner if it takes part.<br>14. Eliminate horses ridden by lady jockeys.<br>15. If the ground becomes extreme(f, g/f, s, h,)eliminate any horse which has not shown that it <br>acts on that particular going.<br>16. Eliminate any horse whose rating is based solely on form shown on foreign tracks.

Up to 2000, the system had given 15 of the last 20 winners, from the horses short listed.

Winners that did not fit the profile were.<br>2001 Red Marauder (not won beyond 3 mile)<br>1999 Bobbyjo (out of handicap)<br>1998 Earth Summit (blinkers)<br>1997 Lord Gyllene (out of handicap and 1st season out of novice company)<br>1989 Little Polvier (out of handicap)

Ollie
    • Total Posts 82

Nall,

Many thanks for the post, most interesting.

Like Nick Mordin’s "rules" for the Grand National it’s interesting that 4 out of those 5 "failures" of the system occurred recently (in the last 7 years). may be just a quirk but might reflect a changing trend?

The Cruiser
    • Total Posts 104

Cheers Nail,<br>Although I hold my own in the National, this is good data to catch the years you missed out on.Will post my fancy’s with & without your data,<br>Cruiser.  

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.