The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Really excited by the news that Jonjo may be sending the Champ! First time in 17 years we have seen a Gold Cup winner try out for the Worlds greatest sporting event straight after, so something like this is looong overdue!

Can’t see too many more dropping out.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Well my original guesstimate that there will be 35 to 36 runners is looking more likely.

I don’t think it is any great shakes though as even if there were only 32-34 it doesn’t mean the race is any less enjoyable to watch.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

Really excited by the news that Jonjo may be sending the Champ! First time in 17 years we have seen a Gold Cup winner try out for the Worlds greatest sporting event straight after, so something like this is looong overdue!

master oats tried his best he was a good horse, just wasn;t able to manage the weight bless him

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

Quantitativeeasing, who failed to qualify for the Grand National when unplaced in Cheltenham’s JLT Speciality Chase, has been scratched, while Hold On Julio, a disappointing favourite for the same race, is the shortest-price defector. He had been available to back at 25-1.

Also now out of the National are Tartak, Hector’s Choice, Massini’s Maguire, Crescent Island, Stewart’s House, Uncle Junior, Fair Along, Shakervilz, Wymott, Backstage, Some Target, Schindler’s Gold, King Fontaine, Minella Theatre, the recently retired Niche Market and Scotsirish, who lost his life at Cheltenham.

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

master oats tried his best he was a good horse, just wasn;t able to manage the weight bless him

vf

Must be said The Fellow was running a big race when coming down at the Canal second time round in ’94. Could very easily have run into a place.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

vf

Master Oats ran a lot further than most of the others though if i remember. Was given a ride that would have needed a super equine performance to win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33010

Think it’s a bit unfair to blame his jockey or even the weight for Master Oats defeat/s in the National. Was far better on a soft surface.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1508

Its well documented my 3 horses for this years Grand National are

Calgary Bay

at 50/1,

Junior

at 20/1 down and

Sunnyhill Boy

at 40/1,my 4th horse has to be my selection for last years Gold Cup who’s season was curtailed by injury,

Burton Port

,just taken a load of 20’s on the machine!
    Hasn’t Tom put up

Sunnyhill Boy

as his Ante-Post selection for the race yet? Guaranteed he will! :wink:

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

Think it’s a bit unfair to blame his jockey or even the weight for Master Oats defeat/s in the National. Was far better on a soft surface.

It’s true the ground was going against him by the day of the race and who am i as an armchair expert to criticise Norman Williamson but going down the outside to avoid trouble didn’t help.

• Total Posts 1217

Would McLernon ride Sunnyhillboy? Has he rode in the National previously?

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

Closest I have seen in my lifetime was Garrison Savannah 8)

• Total Posts 1508

Would McLernon ride Sunnyhillboy? Has he rode in the National previously?

Damn right he will rich! He’ll do the weight aswell! He learnt a lot about the horse in last years Irish Grand National and knows the more he asks the more he’ll get in response! I’m sure he rode one for the stable in last years National too!

• Total Posts 15012

Rich, Can’t Buy Time got rid of him in the last couple of Nationals.

ps FELY, give it a rest, it’s getting beyond a joke. Can something be done about this character?

• Total Posts 1217

Ah yes, I couldn’t think if he had a mount in it before…

I’ll be interested to see what the riding plan is for Evan Williams’ horses – probably Maloney will be on Cappa Bleu instead of SOP this time?

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

59 left in at forfeit stage, including Synchronised and Midnight Chase.

It was announced on ATR yesterday that Syncronised had been taken out and would not run, after which he was backed/laid at up to 150 :shock:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

It’s true the ground was going against him by the day of the race and who am i as an armchair expert to criticise Norman Williamson but going down the outside to avoid trouble didn’t help.

Worked for Rhyme N Reason.

• Total Posts 1508

Worked for Rhyme N Reason.

It never worked for

Course Hunter

and Paul Croucher,I remember them going ominously well that year (1988) Eclipse before falling at the Canal turn,methinks!

Viewing 17 posts - 358 through 374 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.