The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 623 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

Blazing Tempo, Little Josh, Cooldine, Northern Alliance and Qhilimar were the five horses to be taken out, leaving 77 entered.

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

Blazing Tempo, Little Josh, Cooldine, Northern Alliance and Qhilimar were the five horses to be taken out, leaving 77 entered.

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

updated 29th feb 2012

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 33014

Convinced myself.
    So now on:
    Niche Market 33/1, Cappa Bleu 33/1 and Prince De Beauchene 10/1.

And a fourth.
    Ballabriggs 18/1.

Held on until today just to know he’s ok (confirmed to run at Kelso tomorrow). Although on the face of it not very well handicapped this year; obviously acts on the course and has an excellent strike rate. The reason for that percentage could be idling, which makes it look as though he’s got little in hand. However, a long way clear in Kim Muir coming to the last fence, before only just scrambling home. We now know that effort was nothing to do with not staying and everything to do with idling. It’s possible if not probbable Ballabriggs had more in hand than the winning distance last year. Proven on both soft and good ground. Race at Kelso tomorrow has cut up and quite a bit better than those rivals at Ballabriggs best. Don’t expect him to be at best, but even a placed effort is likely to see a shortening up in price. Then there’s the build up to race day, where the McCain factor is bound to bring more support. So plenty of time if deciding to lay back.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

backstage injured and out of national

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

updated, – backstage out due to injury

vf

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Not sure how definate he is to run, but Massini’s Maguire fits the profile of previous winners that have been high class horses coming back from injury, and he’s now with a trainer that excels with that type of horse. Got a staying pedigree also, albeit with a ‘Supreme Leader which means he can’t jump’ on the damside. Decent weight for a horse that was once thought of as Gold Cup class.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Niche Market, Fair Along, Hello Bud, Junior, Always Waining, According To Pete and of course Ballabrigs all in action today. Should provide some interesting clues.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

My main three selections are According to Pete, Calgary Bay and Neptune Collonges. All three have had perfect preparations and all stay and jump well.

Also got little e/w punts on Planet of Sound, Black Apalachi, Deep Purple and Killyglen.

I’m waiting to see whether Giles Cross and Midnight Chase line up before piling on them too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

i do actually kind of like that horse

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

form updated 3rd march 2012

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 2272

i lke according to pete even more now, i jave him, niche market, giles cross (anteposts)and always right although the latter has been pulled up on a few occasions now

also like massini’s maguire

vf

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

In spite of being an Irish National winner given a brilliant ride, Niche Market has shown repeatedly that he does not truly stay in marathon chases. He has been seen travelling strongly in the last two Grand Nationals but flattered to deceive.

He has further proved this at Newbury and Aintree.

– AON Chase: went jelly-legged and squandered a big lead after the last.

– Hennessy: good run, but ‘kept on’ only as well as non-stayer Barbers Shop, only matching strides with that horse up the home straight.

– Veterans’ Chase today: victory seemed to be there for the taking, especially after Marufo blundered. Didn’t find as much as seemed likely.

– Becher Chase: travelled best, but could not respond to West End Rocker. Heavy ground a valid excuse on that occasion, though.

The comments today that he ‘would stay five miles’ just seemed a little misleading.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

Well done on the awesome job updating this on a regular basis, vf. Can’t imagine the time it took to get that list set up in the first place, but to be adding all the subsequent form and updating the horses numbers is a real testament to your… patience! :lol:

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Kingfisher, what have you got against Junior for the Grand National? I’m puzzled.

• Total Posts 1800

My main three selections are According to Pete, Calgary Bay and Neptune Collonges. All three have had perfect preparations and all stay and jump well.

Also got little e/w punts on Planet of Sound, Black Apalachi, Deep Purple and Killyglen.

I’m waiting to see whether Giles Cross and Midnight Chase line up before piling on them too.

9 of the 40 runners :shock:

Anybody else here use the blunderbuss tactic or do people prefer just the 1 pick in what is still the biggest lottery in racing?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1708

9 of the 40 runners :shock:

Anybody else here use the blunderbuss tactic or do people prefer just the 1 pick in what is still the biggest lottery in racing?

:lol:

In my defense i can see 3 or 4 of those not turning up on the day be it due to injury (Deep Purple), a hard race beforehand (Midnight Chase) or just plain bad luck (Giles Cross)

And let us not forget that i put risk of the kiss of death on any horse i back ante post. I still haven’t gotten over Nil Desperandum and One Cool Cookie. I’m just waiting for the sad news :(

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 623 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.