The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Goodwood Day 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Goodwood Day 4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Today really looks tricky to find winners. There is no obviously strong favourite and it looks like it could be the bookies day today. (any banker for the placepot?)

Perhaps Eddie Jock can oblige for favourite backers but I won’t be getting stuck into it. The Group 2 race – The Richmond Stakes is likely to be runat a good clip and I’m not convinced the favourite is a good thing. I think the RPR of the fav is flattering because although the 3rd has won nto the other horses to have run haven’t done much and the time was fairly modest.  The scope is their but all his rivals have more experience and I’ll be looking for the consistent Mood Music to turn over the favourite. Danebury Hill was still green last time but did stay on takingly behind Stratetgic Princxe last time – form that now looks very good – and perhaps he can follow Mood Music home as he should be wiser today and has Dettori to help.

In the Oak Tree stakes (G3) Red Evie should go close and is the form pick but I’m never happy about taking short prices in fillies & mares races (Scottish Stage eg) and so I’ll probably plump for Makderah who has unfortunately been given a good write up.

I’m usually useless at big sprint/mile handicaps and I doubt that will change for the Totesport mile. I was sweet on Sir Gerrard but the price is now skinny and the draw is poor so its Dunelight and Nayyir for me. THe latter keeps costing me money but is good enough if lucky enough while Dunelight is improving fast and the ground should be no problem. As for the 5:00, can I scream please? No bet for me in it but I need to work out the race for the placepot. Perhaps Curcuit Dancer and Carribean Coral can run into the first 4.

What do people fancy tomorrow at Goodwood? Is Sir Gerrard a good thing?

FSL

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Dont know but perhaps Admirals Cruise in the opener is.  I like Spinning queen a lot but not sure if she can withstand the penalty.

SHL

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I have to say, FSL, that I suffered my worst one day loss in twenty years of betting today, so confidence-wise, I am at an all time low. When the bookies take a pasting, I take a pasting.

But, to answer your question, with any luck, Makderah can overturn the form over a shorter distance with Bell’s horse – and Tregoning SURELY is going to get a winner this week.

What do you think Dazed and Amazed chances are of winning the Richmond?

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

One bet for me hopefully, Spinning Queen in the Oak Tree. I like her a lot she’s in cracking form, has conditions to suit and I think she’ll make it three in a row.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3106

<br>Admirals Cruise has produced his winning form at Newmarket since a maiden win at Newbury – his form on turning tracks is OK, but there has to be a doubt about him round here. Kandidate wasn’t stopping over 10F at Sandown and if he was proven at the trip, would surely be a 6/4 chance on that form with Crosspeace well held.

Red Evie looks a similar set up to Iffraaj to me – the best horse with the best draw (it’s 4/9 stalls 8+9 on past trends for the race) and a jockey that knows how to use those advantages.

I’ll leave the big handicap alone – it’s that dangerous type of race where the best horses have the worst draw and vice versa. Could be very messy and any result is possible in such circumstances.

Hamoody is very short (odds on on BF) and I’d rather take a chance on Danebury Hill improving with experience from Newmarket and benefiting from stall 1.

Blue Tomato has put together a sequence of four consecutive 90+ speed figures (using Timeform) and runs here off four pounds below his current mark because the weights for this were published with the Stewards Cup a few weeks ago.  He loves fast ground, has won on the track and could add to an excellent day for Dettori.

AP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Admiral’s Cruise couldn’t have had things more his own way at Newmarket last time and it’s hard to quantify what he achieved there with Amwell Brave beaten just 9 lengths.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Maxilon I feel Dazed and Amazed is right up there form wise but I don’t think there’s any improvement left or if there is none over this trip and ground combination. Should run well but 3rd or 4th.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Extremely impressive Red Evie there, plenty went wrong again but she found enough to win. If she were mine, I’d be aiming her at the Sun Chariot.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from davidjohnson on 2:45 pm on Aug. 4, 2006[br]Extremely impressive Red Evie there, plenty went wrong again but she found enough to win. If she were mine, I’d be aiming her at the Sun Chariot.

<br>She’s going to Leopardstown for a group one. Should be even better over a mile, good filly.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Also a good target, the Matron comes before the Sun Chariot and can probably take in both, like Atraction did in 2004 and Chic in 2005.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Roll on the Sun Chariot:biggrin:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.