The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Godstone ptp Sunday

Home Forums Horse Racing Godstone ptp Sunday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Anyone else going? Drop me a PM if you are and want to say hello.

Admission is £10 single-occupancy car, more if there’s more of you.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Are you attending in a professional or social capacity, GC? I don’t have the choice unfortunately as I’m working but both the quality and quantity of the runners looks a bit disappointing. Brocklesby Park would be my meeting of choice this weekend.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I’m on standby if required, HJ, but I shouldn’t think that will be likely – Iain is probably doing the race-reading. I’ll still have the clipboard, bins, worksheets, etc with me and do a few races in between holding court with whoever turns up.

I’ve never done either Godstone or Brocklesby and the latter certainly looked a little more appealing on paper (even before we get to the fact that it’s one of the most superbly presented courses in the country), but I need to visit my little bro in Lewisham on Sunday night, and that’s a bit easier to reach from Surrey than North-East Lincolnshire. :lol:

Plus, as mentioned in the OAP thread, the real human interest story of the day takes place at Godstone in the form of David Robinson’s return to the saddle.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

My mate Dave will be there no 1 joint.
    About the best judge of pointers in the south.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Will go if my man-flu continues to improve, I live within walking distance of the track.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

I’ll be at Cottenham on Sunday "enjoying" the good to firm ground.

Actually quite looking forward to it – hope Lord of Illusion runs but not holding my breath.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Grayson
    Is the Dave Robison from the family of farmers who used to hold the P2P on the land they farm near Lewes.

Worth a few bob!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Not a clue I’m afraid, Colin, but the dream was made real today in any case as Robinson put up a performane worthy of a man half his 66 years in landing the Members’ race on Bee An Bee.

Better horses and riders were in attendance today, but there’s no mistaking what the greatest achievement of the meeting was.

gc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.