The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,395 through 1,411 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:15 Chester
    24 points @ 11/1 (L) Miblish* (min 17/2)
    22 points @ 12/1 (PP) Dick Doubtiewylie* (min 11/1)
    16 points @ 4.9/1 (betfair) Highland Knight* (min 9/2)(£16 available)

(back Highland Knight up to 33 points).

Another:
    17 points @ 9/2 Highland Knight

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:15 Chester
    35 points @ 4/1 (L) Willie The Wipper* (min 4/1)
    25 points @ 1.72/1 (betfair) Contributor (min 13/8)(£38 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

No more bets on todays racing.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:15 Lingfield
    30 points @ 7/1 (PP) Miss You Too* (min 13/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Ascot
    45 points @ 4.2/1 (betfair) Ektihaam (min (100/30)(£170 available)
    24 points @ 9/4 (B365) Thomas Chippendale (min 2/1)
    9 points @ 22/1 (VC) Highland Castle (min 18/1)

Value Is Everything
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Chester proved to be a bit unkind there Ginge, here`s to better fortune today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Chester proved to be a bit unkind there Ginge, here`s to better fortune today.

More than a bit Softie. Although a lot of it was probably my fault. Lot not getting a run, pace not right etc. Should’ve dropped stakes or not bet at all. That’s Chester! :cry:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:15 Lingfield
    30 points @ 7/1 (PP) Miss You Too* (min 13/2)

33 points @ 10/11 (SJ) Secret Gesture (min 10/11)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Oaks
    50 points @ 6/1 (L) Secret Gesture* (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Oaks
    50 points @ 6/1 (L) Secret Gesture* (min 4/1)

I’m on her at 25/1 and I’m glad to see someone else thinks she’s worth a bet. I think she should be favourite after that win today. Moth has to prove she stays and Liber Nauticus has only a maiden win in her locker so far.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I’m on her at 25/1 and I’m glad to see someone else thinks she’s worth a bet. I think she should be favourite after that win today. Moth has to prove she stays and Liber Nauticus has only a maiden win in her locker so far.

I agree Steve, Secret Gesture should at least be disputing favouritism with Moth. However, Moth relaxes so well and finished with a flourish at a mile. Breeding – Galileo full brother to Spin who improved at middle distances. Moth’s dam Pied De Plume is a half-sister to Lupin winner Groom Dancer, 7th in the Derby but best at 10f. Pied De Plume’s sire Seattle Slew is more of a stamina influence than Gromm Dancer’s (Blushing Groom). I’d say there is very little chance of Moth failing to stay Steve, and it would be a surprise if she’s not better at a mile and a half; possibly significantly so.

Liber Nauticus impressed me at Goodwood, very green as most Stoute newcomers are. Her dam Serres is a half sister to King George and St Leger winner Conduit. This also the family of Spectrum and Petrushka. But as you say Steve, she’s yet to win anything above maiden company.

Secret Gesture is if even better bred than Moth. Also by Galileo but out of Shastye, neck second in a listed race over 1m4f and half sister to Arc winner Sagamix. Secret Gesture’s opponents weren’t great today; but the way she went through the race surprised me for one of her breeding (should stay 1m6f). Going effortlessly clear and must be equally as good a performance as Moth’s 1000 form; with more improvement virtually assured. Unproven on a firm surface, but judging by the way she moves shouldn’t be a problem. Be surprising if 6/1 lasts the weekend. Wish I had your 25/1 Steve! :D

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I agree Steve, Secret Gesture should at least be disputing favouritism with Moth. However, Moth relaxes so well and finished with a flourish at a mile. Breeding – Galileo full brother to Spin who improved at middle distances. Moth’s dam Pied De Plume is a half-sister to Lupin winner Groom Dancer, 7th in the Derby but best at 10f. Pied De Plume’s sire Seattle Slew is more of a stamina influence than Gromm Dancer’s (Blushing Groom). I’d say there is very little chance of Moth failing to stay Steve, and it would be a surprise if she’s not better at a mile and a half; possibly significantly so.

Liber Nauticus impressed me at Goodwood, very green as most Stoute newcomers are. Her dam Serres is a half sister to King George and St Leger winner Conduit. This also the family of Spectrum and Petrushka. But as you say Steve, she’s yet to win anything above maiden company.

Secret Gesture is if even better bred than Moth. Also by Galileo but out of Shastye, neck second in a listed race over 1m4f and half sister to Arc winner Sagamix. Secret Gesture’s opponents weren’t great today; but the way she went through the race surprised me for one of her breeding (should stay 1m6f). Going effortlessly clear and must be equally as good a performance as Moth’s 1000 form; with more improvement virtually assured. Unproven on a firm surface, but judging by the way she moves shouldn’t be a problem. Be surprising if 6/1 lasts the weekend. Wish I had your 25/1 Steve! :D

Best price is now 9/2. It amazes me how fickle the average punter is. A few weeks ago Hot Snap was the new kid on the block, based on one run, and was a fifth the odds Secret Gesture was for the Oaks. A couple of races later and Secret Gesture is a fifth the odds Hot Snap is now for the same race.

It’s a make or break week for Stoute coming up. Hero or Zero?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Best price is now 9/2. It amazes me how fickle the average punter is. A few weeks ago Hot Snap was the new kid on the block, based on one run, and was a fifth the odds Secret Gesture was for the Oaks. A couple of races later and Secret Gesture is a fifth the odds Hot Snap is now for the same race.

It’s a make or break week for Stoute coming up. Hero or Zero?

Hot Snap is only the price she is Steve because it will be difficult for a filly to run so poorly in the 1000 and then win the Oaks just a month later. Price also reflects Hot Snap may not run. Form of the Nell Gwyn actually franked by the 1000 Guineas, Sky Lantern winning and Winning Express close up. Little doubt Hot Snap is a classy filly.

Stoutey is in fantastic form this season Steve, looks like he’s well and truly back. Both Telescope and Liber Nauticus need to step up a good deal from their maiden wins, but if going better than stablemates already seen – must be pretty good.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Best price is now 9/2. It amazes me how fickle the average punter is. A few weeks ago Hot Snap was the new kid on the block, based on one run.

Hot Snap is only the price she is Steve because it will be difficult for a filly to run so poorly in the 1000 and then win the Oaks just a month later.

I’d take the ‘Real’

Hot Snap

to beat this ‘Secret Gesture’ everytime over a 11/2m chaps,her Nell Gwynn form was franked perfectly in the 1000gns and anyone who knows a horse from a hearse will tell you her running in the Newmarket Classic was wrong,for whatever reason.Remember

Reams of verse

being beaten In the 1997 1000gns by about 7 lengths when finishing 6th,she went on to win that years Oaks for the same connections of ‘Hot Snap’ who incidentally was only beaten about 5 lengths in this years Guineas.I just hope she takes the Epsom route rather than the Royal Ascot one as like her half sister

Midday

for one bred by a Sprinting sire,a trip will suit her better.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Hot Snap is only the price she is Steve because it will be difficult for a filly to run so poorly in the 1000 and then win the Oaks just a month later. Price also reflects Hot Snap may not run. Form of the Nell Gwyn actually franked by the 1000 Guineas, Sky Lantern winning and Winning Express close up. Little doubt Hot Snap is a classy filly.

Stoutey is in fantastic form this season Steve, looks like he’s well and truly back. Both Telescope and Liber Nauticus need to step up a good deal from their maiden wins, but if going better than stablemates already seen – must be pretty good.

I wouldn’t say he is totally back yet Ginger, the next few days will show us that one way or the other, but he is certainly shaping up. I hardly touched him at all last year but have done a few of his this past couple of weeks. I have pencilled in Opinion as one to keep an eye on. I thought he ran really well behind No Heretic last time out.

On other trainers front, I have been avoiding Willie Haggas like the plague. Only one winner from last 25 runners and a good few short priced ones getting beaten along the way.

Happy punting at York et al

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’d take the ‘Real’

Hot Snap

to beat this ‘Secret Gesture’ everytime over a 11/2m chaps,her Nell Gwynn form was franked perfectly in the 1000gns and anyone who knows a horse from a hearse will tell you her running in the Newmarket Classic was wrong,for whatever reason.Remember

Reams of verse

being beaten In the 1997 1000gns by about 7 lengths when finishing 6th,she went on to win that years Oaks for the same connections of ‘Hot Snap’ who incidentally was only beaten about 5 lengths in this years Guineas.I just hope she takes the Epsom route rather than the Royal Ascot one as like her half sister

Midday

for one bred by a Sprinting sire,a trip will suit her better.

Even if Hot Snap bounces back, she still has stamina to prove. I don’t recall Reams Of Verse being touted for the 1000 Guineas the way Hot Snap was and I am not as confident as you are regarding her getting the trip.

1997 was my best ever year in terms of ante-post and betting in general. I had a three month spell where my "ringpiece" was farting 24 carat gold. On Sleepytime at at 20/1 for the 1000 Guineas I then backed Reams Of Verse at 14/1 for the Oaks before she ran in The Musidora. I sat there on Oaks day with that voucher in one hand, and another on Yashmak at 40/1 in the other. I had also stuck money on Benny The Dip at 14/1 for the Derby and it is one of my biggest regrets that I never doubled them up. That said they both had a hairy time in winning, with Reams Of Verse resulting in a photo finish regarding whether Henry Cecil or I was crapping the most. In the Derby, I rose out of my seat at work as Benny The Dip went clear but I was firmly back in it as Silver Patriarch closed him down and they swept past together. However, I was walking on water and Benny got the verdict.

I packed my betting shop job in the following year and it’s only the last few seasons that I got back into betting ante post. Moohajim was a stinker for me this year but Just The Judge went close for me at 20/1. I’ve got her again for Epsom at 25/1 along with Secret Gesture at the same odds and Ruler of The World at 25/1 for the Derby. That’s it for me now and I’m hoping for a change of luck before the depression sets in and everyone tells me ante-post is a mugs game.

Best of luck lads.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

1997 was my best ever year in terms of ante-post and betting in general. I had a three month spell where my "ringpiece" was farting 24 carat gold. On Sleepytime at at 20/1 for the 1000 Guineas I then backed Reams Of Verse at 14/1 for the Oaks before she ran in The Musidora. I sat there on Oaks day with that voucher in one hand, and another on Yashmak at 40/1 in the other. I had also stuck money on Benny The Dip at 14/1 for the Derby and it is one of my biggest regrets that I never doubled them up. That said they both had a hairy time in winning, with Reams Of Verse resulting in a photo finish regarding whether Henry Cecil or I was crapping the most. In the Derby, I rose out of my seat at work as Benny The Dip went clear but I was firmly back in it as Silver Patriarch closed him down and they swept past together. However, I was walking on water and Benny got the verdict.

I packed my betting shop job in the following year and it’s only the last few seasons that I got back into betting ante post. Moohajim was a stinker for me this year but Just The Judge went close for me at 20/1. I’ve got her again for Epsom at 25/1 along with Secret Gesture at the same odds and Ruler of The World at 25/1 for the Derby. That’s it for me now and I’m hoping for a change of luck before the depression sets in and everyone tells me ante-post is a mugs game.

Best of luck lads.

Great post Steve,a few more memoirs never go amiss.I too remember 1997,with mixed feelings though.I was on

Silver Patriach

at
    25/1 for the Derby and still cant believe that bloody ‘Benny’ held on.I was so P*ssed off as I had convinced the Missus to invest on the horse too and when she came in from shopping she could see from my expression I was gutted.The moment the result was announced I was on the phone for a price for the Grey to win the St Leger,I took what I thought was a measly 4/1 but got £250 on and ‘promised’ my Missus we would be there to collect.Lady Luck shone down on me for the next 3 months as not only did he get there,his biggest danger ‘Stowaway’ never ran and our fellow won at Even money fav..It all made up for that Ba*tard Benny Beating us at Epsom.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,395 through 1,411 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.