The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,038 through 1,054 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:25 Newmarket
    Saver first:
    12 points @ 11/2 (SJ) Winning Express (min 11/2)

35 points @ 5.4/1 (betfair) Rosdhu Queen* (min 9/2)

I see there’s only £30 available now for Rosdhu, so will call the above bet 30 points.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

2:55 Newmarket
    80 points @ 11/10 (WH) Certify* (min 5/6)

If you aren’t on Certify yet for the 1000 Guineas, get on now!

Took your advice this morning Ginge and had a dabble at 16/1. I thought she was impressive today, like you say she’s no size but has a lovely long stride and is a worthy clear favourite at the moment.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:25 Newmarket
    Saver first:
    12 points @ 11/2 (SJ) Winning Express (min 11/2)

30 points @ 5.4/1 (betfair) Rosdhu Queen* (min 9/2)

22 points @ 10/1 (betfair) The Gold Cheongsam* (min 8/1) (£31 available)
    4 points @ 16.5/1 (betfair) Ceiling Kitty (min 16/1) (£13 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Took your advice this morning Ginge and had a dabble at 16/1. I thought she was impressive today, like you say she’s no size but has a lovely long stride and is a worthy clear favourite at the moment.

Am glad you got the price Pants.
    I may well trade out for a no lose bet if the exchange price gets down to around 7/1.

Am looking at a couple more ante-post bets. One for the Derby and another for the 2000 Guineas (already on Dundonell). Might put them up tomorrow or Sunday.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:00 Newmarket
    30 points @ 10/1 (FD) Siyouma* (min 8/1)

15 points @ 22/1 (VC) Gamilati* (min 18/1)

Saver/part saver:
    10 points @ 13/2 (sporting) Chachamaidee (min 6/1)
    20 points @ 5/2 (b365) Elusive Kate (min 5/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Saver/part saver:

If I was going to bet right now I’d make Elusive Kate the main bet along with Chachamaidee and Gamilati, with a saver on Siyouma. Doubt whether the latter will get a strong enough pace now. With a strong tailwind, unless they go a suicidal pace is going to suit those ridden from the front (Elusive Kate) and/or those with plenty of speed (Chachamaidee) today.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Gingertipster":225rwpp8 wrote:

Saver/part saver:

If I was going to bet right now I’d make Elusive Kate the main bet along with Chachamaidee and Gamilati, with a saver on Siyouma. Doubt whether the latter will get a strong enough pace now. With a strong tailwind, unless they go a suicidal pace is going to suit those ridden from the front (Elusive Kate) and/or those with plenty of speed (Chachamaidee) today.

I’ll apologise before the rant if my words upset you but…………How the **** can you have 3 main bets then a saver? Do not trust your ability to finding the one Winner of each race? Have the courage of your conviction and find ONE horse to win a race for once! Who are you going to cheer on in the above race or do you have No Loyalty to your horses and treat them as a medium to Profit making only?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

While she may win today, the record of May Hill and Fillies Mile winners in our Guineas is really quite shocking. History indicates that the Irish version offers greater optimism. I know you are on at fancy prices but the current prices would deserve one to be certified if they were accepted.

Without wishing to annoy TAPK again. I am not saying Certify will win the Guineas, am saying the 16/1 currently available with Ladbrokes is worth taking. ie To be a good bet at 16/1 a horse only needs to have a better than 6% chance of winning. In my opinion she should be around 9/1 (10%) right now. And will be a lot shorter if she wins the Fillies mile impressively (odds-on) today.

So even with the May Hill not being historically a good trial, 16/1 is too big at the time of writing.

There’s also the possibility of laying her after the race today at a much shorter price.

I dont have a problem with that logic whatsosever Ginge,thats my sort of thinking,its called Foresight! :D You look at how many horses I have running for me (not many) then look at the inflated price my selection is compared to the price its returned,

Regal Parade

at 40/1 being the most recent,(SP 25/1).I’d hazard a guess that 99.98% of my wagers are backed at bigger than SP! :wink: Your way of doing things with your ‘Scattergun’ should encourage you to delve into the Ante-Post markets more often.Having said that ‘Dundonell’ has No chance of winning the 2000gns,’Certify’ on the other hand ticks a fair few boxes! Good Luck! :D

MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

Why don’t you get off your high horse and let him carry on doing his thing, it clearly works for him.

Don’t let this fool put you down Gingertipster, I enjoy reading your thread.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Why don’t you get off your high horse and let him carry on doing his thing, it clearly works for him.

Ffs I thought we’d got rid of you! :roll:, Why dont you keep your nose out of my ‘issues’ with Ginge,he’s more than capable of speaking for himself without a numpty like you butting in! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Actually MrUH, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with TAPK’s posts (at least today). If you don’t ask questions how can you learn?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If you don’t ask questions how can you learn?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheeky B*stard! I like that!

• Total Posts 1533

"The Ante-Post King":20q610qb wrote:

Saver/part saver:

I’ll apologise before the rant if my words upset you but…………How the **** can you have 3 main bets then a saver? Do not trust your ability to finding the one Winner of each race? Have the courage of your conviction and find ONE horse to win a race for once! Who are you going to cheer on in the above race or do you have No Loyalty to your horses and treat them as a medium to Profit making only?

Come on mate who gives a rat ass if he makes up his own book or not and you can’t knock winning no matter how it’s done.?

There’s a flaws in Ginger’s method of betting if you wanted to get to a stage where you could win big money with stakes of say 5 quid or 10 quid a point there is absolutely no chance of getting on and you’d need a big bank to get involved staring off with stakes like that.

Since the 25th if you had started that day with 1000 pounds you would have lost 800 quid if betting to a fiver a point (Skint if you started with a tenner. When punters have a start like that they either start changing things or chuck it.

Take Gallipot….At 10 quid a point no bookie is going to lay 2350 pounds to 430 pounds if they are the ones laying the best odds. Immediately they’ll either lay you a little and cut you for the rest or offer you SP. Others like Lily The Pink 170 quid at 31/1and 40 quid at 25/1 they’d hunt you.

Bookies are not adverse to closing accounts because they are too much work and even more likely to close down someone betting multiple selection if they are winning.

I would suggest anyone doing this and I talk through experience is use only Betfair or Betdaq and if you bet 3 horses set an amount of say 100 pounds to start with that each horse wins you GROSS if it wins. Example

Great Timing Winner 3.30 100.00 43.48 3.60 96.40
    Just One Kiss 9.06 100.00 12.41 3.60 -12.41
    Vanity Rules 6.26 100.00 19.01 3.60 -19.01

As you go along you can increase to say 400 or 500 pounds and you will have no problem whatsoever getting on.

There are loads of races you can bet 3 horses in and be guaranteed a profit if you find the winner. Unlike Ginger you most likely wont be backing many horses on pure chance that really no one in their right mind could fancy. You will have a much higher strike rate and will make money.

To be frank I rarely study a race I have a quick look use the betting as my main guide and I have a excellent strike rate. tbh I’m amazed at how much you can win in a week but that’s all I am not here to talk money. What I will say is the lowest point I have hit was when I hit a bad run of 6 races without a winner but was so far ahead I rode it out and clawed it back to 350.13p loss on the day. The next day after 2 races I was back ahead on the 2 days.

Lowest price I will take is 1.85 as betting a horse at say 1.4 when you are on a 400 quid gross take out will cost over 1000 pounds if you don’t find the winner and you’ll need to win 3 races on the trot to get it back.

Hope you don’t mind my input Ginge I am just saying it as I see it. I wouldn’t be doing it if it wasn’t for you and all I have done is tweaked your idea cut out the book side of it and won a lot of money thanks to you…Cheers mate. I couldn’t be bothered studying all day to be prepared and I don’t think it really required and I couldn’t afford the time anyway. Next race is the 4.40 at Chester 6 minutes away you can back the first 4 in the betting for 400 quid and show around 200 quid if any of them wins…….fingers crossed

• Total Posts 1533

There you go the fav Deia Sunrise wins profit before your rate of commission is deducted 218.57p at Betfair SP :wink:

• Total Posts 1533

Ffs I thought we’d got rid of you! :roll:, Why dont you keep your nose out of my ‘issues’ with Ginge,he’s more than capable of speaking for himself without a numpty like you butting in! :roll:

The minute you post on here it becomes every members business. Intelligent discussion and debate and all that jazz. If you don’t want others opinions use the PM facility :P

flogger
    • Total Posts 31

If you don’t want others opinions use the PM facility

Lol to that. Right on!

http://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/icon_smile.gif

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

As long as people bet within their means Fist, they should be ok.

Backing more horses in one race could help punters keep their accounts. Because not every bet is with the same bookmaker. I’ve had 11 bets today in 3 races with 3 good winners. Yet 8 horses lost. So with some bookmakers I’d be registering a loss, where as in fact I won, won, won!

If betting in stages, a bit on here and a bit on there… If it’s done with the same bookmaker they have alert systems in place and quickly cotton on, immediately closing the account, a closure sooner than it would’ve been if not beting in stages.

Although in truth, no matter how a punter goes about it, eventually bookmakers will start closing accounts.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,038 through 1,054 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.