The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:10 Newmarket
    43 points @ 11/2 (VC) Gallipot* (min 9/2)

8 points @ 23/1 (Betfair) Roxy Flyer* (min 14/1) (£3 available 24/1, £5 available 23/1)

9 points @ 31/1 (betfair) Lily In Pink* (min 16/1) (£9 available)

2 points @ 35/1 (betfair) Albamara (min 25/1) (£4 available)

A further:
    7 points @ 24/1 (betfair) Roxy Flyer* (min 14/1) (£10 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Already backed:
    43 points @ 11/2 (VC) Gallipot* (min 9/2)
    8 points @ 23/1 (Betfair) Roxy Flyer* (min 14/1) (£3 available 24/1, £5 available 23/1)
    9 points @ 31/1 (betfair) Lily In Pink* (min 16/1) (£9 available)
    2 points @ 35/1 (betfair) Albamara (min 25/1) (£4 available)
    7 points @ 24/1 (betfair) Roxy Flyer* (min 12/1) (£10 available)

Now a further:
    4 points @ 25/1 (betfair) Lily In Pink* (min 14/1) (£2 available @ 25/1, £2 available @ 26/1)

Value Is Everything
    milkomark
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

Hello Mr Ginger,
    just come across your thread.Thank You for taking the time out to pass on your thoughts with no gain for yourself. I have tried quite a few times to make my own book, as you do for a race but, have never been happy with the results. My methods revolve around very simple and quick processes. Early days yet but they look quite promising.
    Best Wishes Mark

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Hello Mr Ginger,
    just come across your thread.Thank You for taking the time out to pass on your thoughts with no gain for yourself. I have tried quite a few times to make my own book, as you do for a race but, have never been happy with the results. My methods revolve around very simple and quick processes. Early days yet but they look quite promising.
    Best Wishes Mark

Wish you luck with your "Very simple and quick process" to profit making Mark. Are you prepared to tell me what they are, or the gist at least? No problem if you don’t, I know sometimes it’s best to keep these ideas to oneself, so they keep their "value" for longer.

The way I do my 100% books is also "simple" but takes time. Studying Timeform products (mainly Race Passes) and my own racing knowledge/trainer in form ratings. Going through the form in a methodical manner. Haven’t tried it myself, but heard some swear by Raceform Interactive as an alternative to Timeform, however, the latter is my Bible and don’t want to kill the goose! Do believe a good form book (not just the Racing Post) is essential for any punter taking his/her betting seriously.

I’ve made 100% books for many years now; and by having that experience the value bets often shout at me (after form study) these days without the need to do a book. Don’t give up on doing books Mark, it took me a couple of years or more to get the hang of how to use Timeform info for evaluating form.

Best of luck Mark.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Already backed:
    43 points @

11/2

(was a R4, but well backed anyway) (VC) Gallipot* (min 9/2)

1st

9 points @

31/1

(betfair) Lily In Pink* (min 16/1) (£9 available)

3rd

2 points @

35/1

(betfair) Albamara (min 25/1) (£4 available)

2nd

7 points @ 24/1 (betfair) Roxy Flyer* (min 12/1) (£10 available)

Now a further:
    4 points @ 25/1 (betfair) Lily In Pink* (min 14/1) (£2 available @ 25/1, £2 available @ 26/1)

8)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The way I do my 100% books is also "simple" but takes time. Studying Timeform products (mainly Race Passes) and my own racing knowledge/trainer in form ratings. Going through the form in a methodical manner. Haven’t tried it myself, but heard some swear by Raceform Interactive as an alternative to Timeform, however, the latter is my Bible and don’t want to kill the goose! Do believe a good form book (not just the Racing Post) is essential for any punter taking his/her betting seriously.

I’ve made 100% books for many years now; and by having that experience the value bets often shout at me (after form study) these days without the need to do a book. Don’t give up on doing books Mark, it took me a couple of years or more to get the hang of how to use Timeform info for evaluating form.

Best of luck Mark.

Ffs Ginge one of these days you will admit you’ve never done your own book in your life and confess to just copying the prices you’ve read in ‘Oddschecker’! No wonder your ‘Value’ bets shout at you as you’re only taking the best price available on the High st.You gain absolutely nothing from making your alleged own book as you cleverly spread your bets around half the bloody field at the best prices on offer by Real Bookmakers.Long may your unique way of doing things continue to pay dividends but I’m afraid I’ve never fell for the 100% book Bollox myself as it actually has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of a race! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:55 Newmarket
    80 points @ 11/10 (WH) Certify* (min 5/6)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ffs Ginge one of these days you will admit you’ve never done your own book in your life and confess to just copying the prices you’ve read in ‘Oddschecker’! No wonder your ‘Value’ bets shout at you as you’re only taking the best price available on the High st.You gain absolutely nothing from making your alleged own book as you cleverly spread your bets around half the bloody field at the best prices on offer by Real Bookmakers.Long may your unique way of doing things continue to pay dividends but I’m afraid I’ve never fell for the 100% book Bollox myself as it actually has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of a race! :twisted:

Where the xxxx did that come from Gord?

You’ve seen the books for yourself!
    Gave me plenty of grief about them!

Of course I don’t copy the prices on oddschecker you fool, there’d be no point. They’re betting to an over-round! :lol: It’s no good JUST taking the best price available, because ONLY doing that will NOT make a punter profitable. Best current prices in the Fillies mile are 11/10 (47.6%), 100/30 (23.1%, 11/2 (15.4%), 10/1 (9.1%), 14/1 (6.7%), 16/1 (5.9%), 100/1 (1%). All adding up to 108.8%. A percentage of 100% would be FAIR. To show a profit ALL punters need to find horses which are BETTER than their FAIR odds. A 108.8% bookies book indicates

NOT MANY of those prices can be their FAIR odds, let alone BETTER than FAIR odds

. If a punter JUST takes the best price about his selection, he/she WILL NOT show a profit. I was told by the ex Stan James rep Neil Morrice that on average I beat SP by over 20%. That’s not just getting the best price in the village, it’s finding horses

who’s best price considerably undder-estimates its chance

. So NO! I don’t pick a selection and JUST back the best price.

I back more than one horse in a race when I believe more than one horse is value.

Surprised at you TAPK, questioning the way I bet. How the xxxx do you think you know how I bet? :roll: Lucky I’ll make allowances.

You’d better read this and learn something! :wink:

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=91308

See page 2. :mrgreen:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Surprised at you TAPK, questioning the way I bet. How the xxxx do you think you know how I bet? :roll:

:lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:20 Newmarket
    20 points @ 7/1 (B365) Side Glance* (min 7/1)

2 biggest bets (to win most) to come.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

23 points @ 15/1 (betfair) Tazahum* (min 10/1) (£35 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

23 points @ 15/1 (betfair) Tazahum* (min 10/1) (£35 available)

35 points @ 8/1 (PP) Sovereign Debt* (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Surprised at you TAPK, questioning the way I bet. How the xxxx do you think you know how I bet? :roll:

Exactly, I tell you how I do things and you don’t xxxxxxx believe me! :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

1:15 Newmarket
    45 points @ 4/1 (VC) Waterway Run* (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

28 points @ 9/1 (PP) Jamesbos Girl (min 7/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

28 points @ 9/1 (PP) Jamesbos Girl* (min 7/1)

Half a saver:
    10 points @ 7/2 (PP) Power Of Light (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

After the compassion you showed for the plight of his family recently, he sets about you like that ginge….!!

Seems as though the green eyed monster may have raised its ugly head here, never mind matey figures tell the story in terms of profit / loss

Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.