The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 2,517 through 2,533 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:30 Ascot
    63 points @ 7/2 (L) Tullius* (min 3/1)
    20 points @ 11/2 (Boyle) Producer (min 9/2)
    17 points @ 6/1 (L) Guest Of Honour (min 5/1)
    Will be a deduction for Graphic non-runner.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:40 Newmarket
    33 points @ 10/1 (B365) Mister Universe* (min 8/1)
    36 points @ 10/1 (VC) Smaith* (min 15/2)
    saver:
    20 points @ 7/2 (B365) Estidhkaar (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:30 Ascot
    63 points @ 7/2 (L) Tullius* (min 3/1)
    20 points @ 11/2 (Boyle) Producer (min 9/2)
    17 points @ 6/1 (L) Guest Of Honour (min 5/1)
    Will be a deduction for Graphic non-runner.

Now Tullius a non-runner so make GOH main bet:
    Another:
    31 points @ 4/1 (VC) Guest Of Honour* (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

July Cup
    60 points @ 3/1 (Sky) Slade Power* (min 11/4)

He’s my banker of the meeting Ginger, fingers crossed for a change a luck.

Got a bit worried when awash with sweat Steve, but Slade Power won easily anyway.

3 winners from 3 races for me today (1 a saver).

Things on the turn at last. :D

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

A few of them were pretty sweaty Ginger but it was actually dripping off Slade Power. The lads in the studio seemed to think he hasn’t done it before but when they asked the winning connections we were told that that was just the way the horse was and that they would have been more concerned if he didn’t get sweaty. Seems a bit contradictory information but you would think the people who deal with the horse every day would know best. Anyway, nice for you to get back on track and plenty more opportunities to come at Goodwood.

Some nice looking 2yo’s on the go this season and Hannon has a strong looking bunch this year.

All the best.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Some nice looking 2yo’s on the go this season and Hannon has a strong looking bunch this year.

He sure has. I’m slightly concerned as to the well fair of Peacock, it’s gone very quiet about him. I thought I’d test the water and put in a price for the guineas at 46 for a couple of quid and it got matched quicker then it took Ivawood to win the other day. Hope he’s still got 4 working legs.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

A few of them were pretty sweaty Ginger but it was actually dripping off Slade Power. The lads in the studio seemed to think he hasn’t done it before but when they asked the winning connections we were told that that was just the way the horse was and that they would have been more concerned if he didn’t get sweaty. Seems a bit contradictory information but you would think the people who deal with the horse every day would know best. Anyway, nice for you to get back on track and plenty more opportunities to come at Goodwood.

All the best.

Slade Power has certainly sweated up in the past Steve, but can’t remember him being "awash" before. So I think the studio guys were right to draw attention to it. As you say he was "dripping" by off time; a negative even for most horses known to sweat.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

He sure has. I’m slightly concerned as to the well fair of Peacock, it’s gone very quiet about him. I thought I’d test the water and put in a price for the guineas at 46 for a couple of quid and it got matched quicker then it took Ivawood to win the other day. Hope he’s still got 4 working legs.

Ivawood and Estidhkaar look potentially top class. Thought seriously about backing the former for the Guineas @ 20/1, but can’t really see a colt by Zebadee winning a Guineas. Ivawood is already better than his sire, so although I can see him improving a bit, have a few doubts at this stage whether he can progress enough to win the first Clasic. Like his stable companion, Estidhkaar is a good looking two year old (impressed me at Newbury). Won imo despite the ground, the same top-of-the-ground action of his half brother Toormore. Not certain to stay a mile on breeding, but runs as if he’ll stay the Guineas trip.

Peacock won well first time up Nathan, but has a long way to go to even reach the level of his two stable companions. By Paco Boy and not from a top class female line, can’t see it myself. 46 doesn’t look generous at this stage imo.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ivawood and Estidhkaar look potentially top class. Thought seriously about backing the former for the Guineas @ 20/1, but can’t really see a colt by Zebadee winning a Guineas. Ivawood is already better than his sire, so although I can see him improving a bit, have a few doubts at this stage whether he can progress enough to win the first Clasic. Like his stable companion, Estidhkaar is a good looking two year old (impressed me at Newbury). Won imo despite the ground, the same top-of-the-ground action of his half brother Toormore. Not certain to stay a mile on breeding, but runs as if he’ll stay the Guineas trip.

Peacock won well first time up Nathan, but has a long way to go to even reach the level of his two stable companions. By Paco Boy and not from a top class female line, can’t see it myself. 46 doesn’t look generous at this stage imo.

Good post Ginge,the ‘Zebedee’ factor concerns me too,however the strength of stamina from the female side kinda out weighs that.

Ivawood

is the better long term Hannon propositon and does stretch out like a miler already,he wont be sprinting as a 3yo imo.16/1 is tempting.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I also have reservations regarding Zebedee as the sire. There seems to be about a million of his offspring on the go already and most of them will probably be sharp types who won’t do a lot next year, apart from the odd sprinter perhaps. There’s a size and scope about Ivawood though. Richard Hughes said he thought 5f would be a bit short for the horse and the way Ivawood finished his race off last time makes me think he’ll get 7f this year. He beat a reliable looking yardstick in Jungle Cat and with improvement he should be a Group 1 contender this year. Visually he has been more exciting than Toormore and one has to hope he’ll train on better than that fellow did but at 20/1 I took the plunge because I felt the Gosden horse is plenty short enough on the back of a maiden win. I hope Ivawood doesn’t go down the Gimcrack route, it’s not a race I like for horses with Guineas aspirations. Leave that to the sprinters please Mr Hannon!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Good post Ginge,the ‘Zebedee’ factor concerns me too,however the strength of stamina from the female side kinda out weighs that.

Ivawood

is the better long term Hannon propositon and does stretch out like a miler already,he wont be sprinting as a 3yo imo.16/1 is tempting.

I agree Gord, even with Zebedee’s own racing career/stamina requirements – Ivawood should stay a mile. For me it’s a question of whether something sired by Zebedee will have the required quality to win a Guineas. But if I were backing anything for the Guineas at this early stage – it would be Ivawood.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

4:45 Newbury
    49 points @ 7/2 (PP) Insaany* (min 100/30)
    40 points @ 5/1 (Sky) Border Legend (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:40 Newbury
    71 points @ 11/10 (L) Limato* (min 21/20)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:30 Newbury
    25 points each way @ 11/1 (L) Taaqah* (min 8/1

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

25 points each way @ 11/1 (L) Taaqah* (min 8/1

Gone with Laddies now, still there with VC.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:05 Newbury
    55 points @ 11/2 (Sporting) Wojha* (min 9/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

50 points @ 11/4 (Sporting) Marshal Jennings* (min 11/4)
    saver:
    50 points @ Evens (Sporting) Nafaqa (min 10/11)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,517 through 2,533 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.