The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 2,483 through 2,499 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

4:45 Salisbury
    50 points @ 3/1 (L) Silent Bullet* (min 3/1)

40 points @ 6/1 (Boyle) Good Authority* (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:10 Salisbury
    32 points @ 11/2 (SKY) Classic Villger* (min 5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

2:10 Salisbury
    32 points @ 11/2 (SKY) Classic Villger* (min 5/1)

11/2 now gone with Sky, still there with Stan James.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

3:10 Salisbury
    52 points @ 9/2 (Betfair) Arabian Beauty* (min 7/2)(£59 available)
    31 points @ 6/1 (SJ) Dalmatia* (min 6/1) (bits of 13/2 on betfair)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

8:40 Newbury
    31 points each way @ 5/1 (B365) Pleasant Valley* (min 9/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 80

Hi Ginge,

In your experience doesn’t this sort of e/w bet, which is frowned upon by the bookies, merely give the bookies an easy chance to flag and restrict/close your account?

Similar thoughts apply to taking the best prices overnight in a light trading market?

I have been restricted on some of my accounts and I am very wary of losing others. This means that i feel i need to avoid these e/w "thieving" bets and for straight win betting it’s best for me to wait for the best prices on the day of racing assuming there is still some juice in the price( this also gives you the benefit of the BOG/BPG for drifters).

I know i won’t get the absolute best prices but at least there will be another day with that bookie.

Whats been your experience and is there anything you do to try to keep off their radar?

Cheers

Baynet

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

9:10 Newbury
    33 points @ 6/1 (Boyle) Cape Caster* (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Hi Ginge,

In your experience doesn’t this sort of e/w bet, which is frowned upon by the bookies, merely give the bookies an easy chance to flag and restrict/close your account?

Similar thoughts apply to taking the best prices overnight in a light trading market?

I have been restricted on some of my accounts and I am very wary of losing others. This means that i feel i need to avoid these e/w "thieving" bets and for straight win betting it’s best for me to wait for the best prices on the day of racing assuming there is still some juice in the price( this also gives you the benefit of the BOG/BPG for drifters).

I know i won’t get the absolute best prices but at least there will be another day with that bookie.

Whats been your experience and is there anything you do to try to keep off their radar?

Cheers

Baynet

Certainly if a punter does too many "each way thieves" bets he/she is likely to find their accounts closed Baynet. Best kept to a minimum. Don’t think I do enough of this type of bet for them to react.

Suspect "good judges" (who are not big bettors) are

more

likely to be kept on by bookmakers when betting the night before; at a time where (often) overrounds are not at their most competitive. I have accounts where every horse I back is immediately reduced in price; bookmakers using my accounts to tip them off which horses they’ve got wrong – without needing to lay too much. It’s often within seconds! Doubt if they’d bother keeping me on if most of my bets were mid-morning day of race; as there’s nothing in it for them.

As you say Baynet, a lot of the time prices shorten up if waiting to bet. If the punter is good at identifying value prices – then there will be other good judges spotting the same value. If I don’t take the value when I see it then the best prices go before taking it… Because Newbury is Evening racing today I didn’t do much study last night. Missed the best prices on Cape Caster and Arabian Revolution. :roll:

It is easier for bookmakers to keep an account of internet accounts than by telephone, so my advice to keep under the radar is to keep as many phone accounts as possible.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 80

Interesting thoughts ..thanks for those!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

9:10 Newbury
    33 points @ 6/1 (Boyle) Cape Caster* (min 6/1)

saver:
    17 points @ 2/1 (C) Arabin Revolution (min 2/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

7:35 Newbury
    71 points @ 15/8 (Sky) Shackled ‘N’ Drawn* (min 7/4)
    11 points @ 7.2/1 (betfair) Strath Burn (min 6/1) (£8 available @ 7.4/1, £3 available @ 7.2/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

7:35 Newbury
    71 points @ 15/8 (Sky) Shackled ‘N’ Drawn* (min 7/4)
    11 points @ 7.2/1 (betfair) Strath Burn (min 6/1) (£8 available @ 7.4/1, £3 available @ 7.2/1)

Gone with Sky, but still there with a few, including Fred.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

One other thing Baynet:
    Not in this case, but someimes I put a bookmaker each way bet up on this thread, where as I personally often take the price on betfair to win together with a saver on the place market. But with so little liquity its difficult to quote betfair prices with place markets.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 80

One other thing Baynet:
    Not in this case, but someimes I put a bookmaker each way bet up on this thread, where as I personally often take the price on betfair to win together with a saver on the place market. But with so little liquity its difficult to quote betfair prices with place markets.

That’s a good option thanks

samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

You’re on a bad run Mark hope it turns for you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Bad Sam? It’s bloody awful! :lol:
    My worst run of results since I started betting seriously. :cry:

Value Is Everything
    samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

Bad runs are inevitable and can last a long time it’s a good job you have a sensible head and also a good bankroll structure, I used to play poker most nights sitting down with £500 each time for about 8 months £2000 was a good month and £500 profit a bad month I ended up going on a bad run over two months got fed up with the game and quit, would of turned it around but playing poker at night and working in the day plus trying to keep a relationship was not happening now I have the bug to go at it again but no chance with a baby boy. Hope to see some winners for you this month.

Viewing 17 posts - 2,483 through 2,499 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.