The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 2,466 through 2,482 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

4:20 Salisbury
    41 points @ 4/1 (PP) Kinshasa* (min 4/1)

saver:
    16 points @ 11/2 (Sky) Fun Mgic (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

saver:

11/2 now gone with Sky but still there with Betbright and 6/1 available with Stan James.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Salisbury
    28 points each way @ 5/1 (FD) Three Robins* (min 9/2) (1/5th 1,2,3)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

saver:

Fun Magic now a non-runner:

59 points @ 9/4 (C) Hymenaois* (min 9/4)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:10 Salisbury
    100 points @ Evens (C) Prize Exhibit* (min 10/11)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:10 Salisbury
    100 points @ Evens (C) Prize Exhibit* (min 10/11)

saver:
    14 points @ 15/2 (SJ) True Course (min 7/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:45 Salisbury
    43 points @ 11/2 (betfair) Miss Brazil* (min 5/1)(43 available)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hi Ginge,

Out of interest did you hear the Frankie anecdote this morning on the morning line re: Hillstar…. he said he rode work on Estimate with Hillstar and Estimate ran all over him… Tom Segal and the others were then questioning his speed for this!!

Baynet

Hi Baynet, sorry for the belated response. Most of my views on Hillstar can be seen here:

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=95833

Frankie’s comments were a negative, but not as much (imo) as the people made out. Estimate travelled really well throughout the Gold Cup (suggesting she’d be effective at shorter) and put up a career best performance. Had Estimate ran badly and/or needed to be pushed along early – it would’ve been a much stronger negative for Hillstar. ie The market over-compensated for Frankie’s comments making the horse (imo) "value". He pretty much ran how you’d expect from previous form and not like his supposed poor home work suggested. Proving speedy enough to come out on top of the rest and only beaten by an improved stable companion.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

What do you think of cloudscapes performance? Just watched the race now and he Looked very good pre race and ran very well considering how keen he was right through, lost momentum when switched left final 2 furlongs, If this horse can settle he will do very well really impressed.

Again, sorry for the belated reply Sam.

Cloudscape was unlucky not to be second and you’re right, on looks is the type to go on to better things. Both Cloudscape and the winner Cannock Chase are quite a bit below Group 1 standard at the moment but wouldn’t be a surprise to see them run well in that grade given time. Former is (I believe) having a rest, but may be the Princess Of Wales (Group 2) at the July meeting at Newmarket could be a stepping stone for Cloudscape.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 80

Hi Ginge,

Out of interest did you hear the Frankie anecdote this morning on the morning line re: Hillstar…. he said he rode work on Estimate with Hillstar and Estimate ran all over him… Tom Segal and the others were then questioning his speed for this!!

Baynet

Hi Baynet, sorry for the belated response. Most of my views on Hillstar can be seen here:

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … =3&t=95833

Frankie’s comments were a negative, but not as much (imo) as the people made out. Estimate travelled really well throughout the Gold Cup (suggesting she’d be effective at shorter) and put up a career best performance. Had Estimate ran badly and/or needed to be pushed along early – it would’ve been a much stronger negative for Hillstar. ie The market over-compensated for Frankie’s comments making the horse (imo) "value". He pretty much ran how you’d expect from previous form and not like his supposed poor home work suggested. Proving speedy enough to come out on top of the rest and only beaten by an improved stable companion.

Yeah big run from estimate after a lay-off obviously laid out for it… and hillstar ran well when given the office to go!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:30 Newmarket
    47 points @ 5/1 (PP) Gabriels Lad* (min 9/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:55 Newmarket
    55 points @ 4/1 (L) Sheikhzayedroad* (min 7/2)
    45 points @ 7/2 (FD) Battalion* (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:30 Newmarket
    47 points @ 5/1 (PP) Gabriels Lad* (min 9/2)

38 points @ 12/1 (FD) Top Notch Tonto* (min 17/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Good winner today with Sheikhzayed Road. :)

Going to get an early bet on for next Saturday:

Coral Eclipse
    67 points @ 9/4 (B365) The Fugue* (min 85/40)

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The market got that race way wrong. I was on Battalion at 5/1 and couldn’t believe he went in to 9/4. Just about the first horse beat and he was cooked half a mile from home. Luckily Gregorian pulled it out of the fire for me on a day that saw my 4/1 Fascinating Rock in the betting without Australia collapse in to 5/4 after the non-runners.

Patting myself on the back for getting on early, anticipating that Kingston Hill wouldn’t run, and then expecting that the pacesetters would drop away leaving Fascinating Rock for second place, only to see him run like a turd sliding down the side of a toilet bowl.

An awful race, devoid of drama and a non-event as a spectacle. Embarrassing for racing really.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

4:45 Salisbury
    50 points @ 3/1 (L) Silent Bullet* (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

The market got that race way wrong. I was on Battalion at 5/1 and couldn’t believe he went in to 9/4. Just about the first horse beat and he was cooked half a mile from home. Luckily Gregorian pulled it out of the fire for me on a day that saw my 4/1 Fascinating Rock in the betting without Australia collapse in to 5/4 after the non-runners.

Patting myself on the back for getting on early, anticipating that Kingston Hill wouldn’t run, and then expecting that the pacesetters would drop away leaving Fascinating Rock for second place, only to see him run like a turd sliding down the side of a toilet bowl.

An awful race, devoid of drama and a non-event as a spectacle. Embarrassing for racing really.

Problem the Irish Derby has is (unlike the British Derby) it comes at a time where most three year olds have established their ability… And when there’s a horse proven good enough to win an average Irish Derby not many bother taking it on. Those British horses that aren’t quite ready for Epsom will run in the King Ed, and this race usually comes too soon after Ascot for them to double up. Made worse by Ballydoyle having so much of the middle-distance stock in Ireland. So few are able to take "The Boys" on.

Am kicking myself for throwing some money at Battalion myself Steve. They probably came for him due to the rain changing the race; but I felt it was more than just the ground at Newbury. Did you notice yesterday Ryan Moore kept him wide for the first part of the race and then took him wider still off the turn, away from the other front-runner? Eventually ending up on the far rail. I don’t think he was searching for better ground. At Newbury gave up once passed and has quite a bit of temperament. Early dominence is probably important to him. I knew Cameron Highland was another front-runner but took a chance. Doh! :roll:

Well done with Gregorian! I missed the fact he has a poor record first time out but a good one second time up (Doh again!)… and with Gosden in such good form should’ve had him at that price. :cry:

Getting good prices is half the battle Steve, keep it up and you’ll profit. :P

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,466 through 2,482 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.