The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 2,177 through 2,193 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1000 Guineas
    Already Backed:
    20 points @ 20/1 (L) Amazing Maria* (min 15/1)
    20 points @ 20/1 (B365) Radiator* (min 15/1)
    36 points @ 10/1 (PP) Ihtimal* (min 15/2)
    20 points @ 10/1 (PP) Miss France* (min 9/1)
    savers:
    5 points @ 23/1 (betfair) Euro Charline (min 18/1)(£53 available)
    3 points @ 35/1 (betfair) Princess Noor (min 33/1 (£134 available)
    NOW:
    11 points @ 10/1 (FD) Bracelet (min 10/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Newmarket
    69 points @ 11/8 (C) Integral* (min 5/4)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hope you can get on better than I can.
    Absolutely unbelievable.
    Limited by Corals to £5 @ 11/8. :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

30 points @ 6/1 (PP) Zurigha* (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

5:00 Newmarket
    37 points each way @ 4/1 (L) Sound Reflection* (min 7/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1000 Guineas
    Already Backed:
    savers:
    NOW:

… it.
    Euro Charline is too good a price to have as a saver:
    Another:
    8 points @ 22/1 (betfair) Euro Charline* (min 18/1)(£202 available)

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Absolutely unbelievable.

When Man City went 1-0 down today I put this on :twisted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/dcez38.png

Hope she does the business!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hope Integral does the biz for you Ben. :)

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

1000 Guineas
    Already Backed:
    savers:
    NOW:

… it.
    Another:

Are there any you are NOT backing Ginger? :shock:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

1000 Guineas
    Already Backed:
    savers:
    NOW:

… it.
    Another:

Bloody Embarrassment he is Steve to those of us who use skill,knowledge and the gift from God…….I cant see the winner in there,still time for a saver of a saver of a saver of a saver on

Tapestry

. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1000 Guineas
    Already Backed:
    savers:
    NOW:

… it.
    Another:

Bloody Embarrassment he is Steve to those of us who use skill,knowledge and the gift from God…….I cant see the winner in there,still time for a saver of a saver of a saver of a saver on

Tapestry

. :lol:

Two of the fillies did not run, so only 5 horses including…

First

, third and fifth. :wink:

Has your Tapestry finished yet? :lol:

If you add up those 5 fillies, my combined price taken was better than 15/8. Yet how much money did you waste on the barely odds against Trading Leather Gordie Boy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Oaks
    76 points @ 4/1 (FD) Taghrooda* (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Duplicate

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Almost all of Amazing Maria’s close family are not 12 furlong horses. Although you are right that Dunlop has a better record with middle distance fillies, Snow Fairy wasn’t bred to get 10, let alone 12f… The way that I seee it at the moment Nathan, AM will probably be best at a mile. Might (only might) get 10f, but needs to settle a lot better if she’s to have any chance of staying the Oaks trip.

I’ve backed Taghrooda at 33/1 for the Oaks and without doing anything she is now best priced at 14/1 and 10/1 Fav in some places. As far as I know she goes straight to the 1000 Guineas and I had a hopeful dabble at 40/1 for that race, as I’m intrigued as to why she was entered there rather than take a definite Oaks path. Of course The Fugue ran in both. I should expect a staying on into the first five or six at Newmarket would see her step up in trip for one of the Oaks trials. She’s probably the horse I am looking forward to most this year, for financial reasons if nothing else!

Any feelings regarding her chances Ginger?

Decided against going to Lambourn, just not used to getting up early these days and too tired to make the journey.

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve. Looking at pedigree alone you’d think she’d need middle-distances at three, but showed plenty of toe winning her maiden over a mile at Newmarket at two. So I could understand if connections decide to start her off in the Guineas.

We don’t yet know how Sea The Stars will stamp his stock stamina-wise. Although won the Guineas he later improved markedly over middle-distances. His sire Cape Cross was a miler and by speed influence Green Desert, but Cape Cross has got plenty of progeny who stay further than he did (even with non-stamina mares).

Sea The Stars is of course out of the Arc winner Urban Sea; who’s dam Allegretta was second in the Lingfield Oaks Trial, actually led the 1981 Epsom Oaks field before finishing tailed off. There’s quite a lot of stamina in Sea The Stars female line.

Galileo was also out of Urban Sea but by Saddlers Wells, who although never won at 1 ½ miles is a bigger stamina influence than Sea The Stars’ sire Cape Cross; so it’s not a given that STS will turn out as big a stamina influence as his half brother. However…

You could say Taghrooda is quite closely related to Galileo, with her dam Ezima being by Saddlers Wells. Ezima is out of a Darshaan mare; the Saddlers Wells – Darshaan mix one of the best “nicks” in the stud book; with almost 2½ times the prize money of any other Saddlers Wells matings. One of those was Ebadiyla, winner of the 1997 Irish Oaks and “French St Leger” 1m7f Prix Royal Oak (soft) by 6 lengths. Taghrooda’s dam Ezima is out of Ezilla, a sister to the dam of Ebaziyla, Ebaziya, who was also dam of Ascot Gold Cup winners Enzeli and Estimate. Stamina, stamina, stamina.

All things considered, it was surprising Taghrooda showed so much speed at two; which augers well for when she’s stepped up to 1½ miles. Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself; the form so far obviously nowhere near Epsom winning standard as yet, but undoubtedly has bags of potential to improve massively on that. See she’s been backed for Epsom glory again this morning. 14/1 doesn’t strike me as value at this stage Steve, but your 33/1 is a great bet… And if this amazing Gosden strike rate continues wouldn’t rule her out of the Guineas on the way – a’ la Sea The Stars. "Taghrooda" is a type of bedouin poetry and this filly could well be poetry in motion.

Wish I had your 33/1 now Steve!
    I’d call you "The Ante-Post King", but I see that title has been nabbed. :lol:

Taghrooda mightily impressive, shame she didn’t go for the 1000 G.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Absolutely unbelievable.

When Man City went 1-0 down today I put this on :twisted:

http://i62.tinypic.com/dcez38.png

Hope she does the business!

Very unlucky there Ben,
    I think Integral will prove best of the two principles. Unfortunate one of the two possible front runners a non-runner, no competition for the early lead meant the German horse set slowish fractions. Esoteric being in a more prominent (better) posi for when the pace increased. :(

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

"Gingertipster":oddjrgg1 wrote:

Almost all of Amazing Maria’s close family are not 12 furlong horses. Although you are right that Dunlop has a better record with middle distance fillies, Snow Fairy wasn’t bred to get 10, let alone 12f… The way that I seee it at the moment Nathan, AM will probably be best at a mile. Might (only might) get 10f, but needs to settle a lot better if she’s to have any chance of staying the Oaks trip.

I’ve backed Taghrooda at 33/1 for the Oaks and without doing anything she is now best priced at 14/1 and 10/1 Fav in some places. As far as I know she goes straight to the 1000 Guineas and I had a hopeful dabble at 40/1 for that race, as I’m intrigued as to why she was entered there rather than take a definite Oaks path. Of course The Fugue ran in both. I should expect a staying on into the first five or six at Newmarket would see her step up in trip for one of the Oaks trials. She’s probably the horse I am looking forward to most this year, for financial reasons if nothing else!

Any feelings regarding her chances Ginger?

Decided against going to Lambourn, just not used to getting up early these days and too tired to make the journey.

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve. Looking at pedigree alone you’d think she’d need middle-distances at three, but showed plenty of toe winning her maiden over a mile at Newmarket at two. So I could understand if connections decide to start her off in the Guineas.

We don’t yet know how Sea The Stars will stamp his stock stamina-wise. Although won the Guineas he later improved markedly over middle-distances. His sire Cape Cross was a miler and by speed influence Green Desert, but Cape Cross has got plenty of progeny who stay further than he did (even with non-stamina mares).

Sea The Stars is of course out of the Arc winner Urban Sea; who’s dam Allegretta was second in the Lingfield Oaks Trial, actually led the 1981 Epsom Oaks field before finishing tailed off. There’s quite a lot of stamina in Sea The Stars female line.

Galileo was also out of Urban Sea but by Saddlers Wells, who although never won at 1 ½ miles is a bigger stamina influence than Sea The Stars’ sire Cape Cross; so it’s not a given that STS will turn out as big a stamina influence as his half brother. However…

You could say Taghrooda is quite closely related to Galileo, with her dam Ezima being by Saddlers Wells. Ezima is out of a Darshaan mare; the Saddlers Wells – Darshaan mix one of the best “nicks” in the stud book; with almost 2½ times the prize money of any other Saddlers Wells matings. One of those was Ebadiyla, winner of the 1997 Irish Oaks and “French St Leger” 1m7f Prix Royal Oak (soft) by 6 lengths. Taghrooda’s dam Ezima is out of Ezilla, a sister to the dam of Ebaziyla, Ebaziya, who was also dam of Ascot Gold Cup winners Enzeli and Estimate. Stamina, stamina, stamina.

All things considered, it was surprising Taghrooda showed so much speed at two; which augers well for when she’s stepped up to 1½ miles. Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself; the form so far obviously nowhere near Epsom winning standard as yet, but undoubtedly has bags of potential to improve massively on that. See she’s been backed for Epsom glory again this morning. 14/1 doesn’t strike me as value at this stage Steve, but your 33/1 is a great bet… And if this amazing Gosden strike rate continues wouldn’t rule her out of the Guineas on the way – a’ la Sea The Stars. "Taghrooda" is a type of bedouin poetry and this filly could well be poetry in motion.

Wish I had your 33/1 now Steve!
    I’d call you "The Ante-Post King", but I see that title has been nabbed. :lol:

Taghrooda mightily impressive, shame she didn’t go for the 1000 G.

I watched the race today with a great sense of excitement and was worried at one stage that the Godolphin runner had got a decent lead built up but there wasn’t much doubt once Taghrooda got within range that she would finish the race best of all and the further she went the better she looked. Gosden being Gosden he had expressed doubt that the faster ground today was ideal.

Hills actually had her at 5/1 for Epsom before the race on the back of the two appalling runs by the Ballydoyle filles in the Guineas and I actually expected them to cut her in further than they did after a great performance. Perhaps other contenders will emerge but I think 4/1 is fair value and I don’t know how much you could have got on in reality from the "cowboy" firms who were quoting 7/1 after today’s race.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Here’s hoping Steve.
    You deserve a big priced winner after Sporting Gesture last year.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,177 through 2,193 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.