The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 2,126 through 2,142 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

http://cur.cursors-4u.net/smilies/images1/smi20.gif

Yep, that feels better Nathan.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginger what your thoughts on 2day craven meeting any classic winners in last 2days.Had Hamza and Cloudscape in my tipping thread happy with them.How you think TRUE STORY and CLOUDSCAPE get on this season the latter was a horse i talked with Gord about because he won on same day as WESTERN HYMM.

True Story was really impressive Darren. Winning by 7 lengths from one I know connections thought well of (Obliterator); with 6 lengths back to the third. I can see why he’s one of the favourites for the Derby. He comes from the family of one of my favourite families of all time; female Triple Crown winner Oh So Sharp. True Story’s dam Tanzania is an unraced daughter of 1992 Prix Saint Alary (10f) winner Rosefinch; who’s one of Oh So Sharp’s best progeny. On breeding True Story should stay the mile and a half. The one negative is how he behaved at the start, not wanting to go in to the stalls. With the crowds/atmosphere of Epsom temperament could count against him. That said, Oh So Sharp’s best son Shantou had a fair bit of temperament and didn’t stop him winning the St Leger.

But:

Epsom Derby:
    37 points @ 14/1 (C) True Story* (min 9/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginger what your thoughts on 2day craven meeting any classic winners in last 2days.Had Hamza and Cloudscape in my tipping thread happy with them.How you think TRUE STORY and CLOUDSCAPE get on this season the latter was a horse i talked with Gord about because he won on same day as WESTERN HYMM.

Well done with Hamza and Cloudscape, kicking myself for not having those two. :(

Western Hym

also impressed me at Newbury Darren. I stood in the Tatts Grandstand to watch the race and and the turn of foot was instantaneous. But he did seem to show quite a rounded action which may not be as suited by a firm surface/undulating course like Epsom. Do think he’ll be a good horse though.

Cloudscape

did well, probably a good handicapper at this stage.

As I said earlier, wouldn’t be surprised if

Aljamaaheer

improves in to a top class sprinter this season. Bad ride today with the run of the race/wind speed/direction suiting

Hamza

from the front. If the two meet again will be surprised if Hamza starts shorter than the third.

Wasn’t impressed by the Nell Gwyn. Thought

Euro Charline

should’ve won. If anything

Sandiva

and

Majeyda

play compliments to

Kiyoshi

and

Ihtimal

. Might go in for the former after I see her tomorrow; but particularly like the latter @ around 10/1. Isn’t very big, but if (fairly big IF but price means it’s worth taking the risk imo) if able to reproduce Tapeta/Meydan form will be the one to beat. Also taken 20/1

Amazing Maria

, you gotta see her! Doubt whether my other bet, Stoute’s

Radiator

will run.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I very much like Amazing Maria very much ginge, what sort of distance do you think she will eventually get? Dunlop seems to do well with 10f – 12f filly’s like Ouija Board and Snow Fairy, do you think Amazing Maria could possibly emulate these?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Toormore

did ok and the 3 lbs penalty is worth bearing in mind, flowing action is easy on the eye. However, had the run of the race from the front and I don’t rate The Grey. Hannon horse’s current price is fair, but will need to improve to beat an in form

Kingman

(also saver), that’s not out of the question. Sorry Darren, but I prefer him (had partial saver) to the hyped

Australia

who’s more of a Derby horse imo. Had

Be Ready

@ 50/1 for the Guineas and my other main bet War Command isn’t sure to make it either. :( If only they can find something that’s not serious and get Be Ready better quickly.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I very much like Amazing Maria very much ginge, what sort of distance do you think she will eventually get? Dunlop seems to do well with 10f – 12f filly’s like Ouija Board and Snow Fairy, do you think Amazing Maria could possibly emulate these?

Amazing Maria seems to be one that likes to get on with things Nathan, a front runner in her races so far. But winning more through burning her rivals off rather than out-staying them.

Sire, Mastercraftsman got an easy 10 1/2f and his dam was a miler. Further back the tail male line are all speed influences, Danehill Dancer, Danehill, Danzig.

Amazing Maria’s dam won over 6f and dam’s sire Tale Of The Cat was an American 7f to 9f horse who in turn was by speed influence Storm Cat. Tale Of The Cat’s dam was also by speed influence Mr Prospector.

Almost all of Amazing Maria’s close family are not 12 furlong horses. Although you are right that Dunlop has a better record with middle distance fillies, Snow Fairy wasn’t bred to get 10, let alone 12f… The way that I seee it at the moment Nathan, AM will probably be best at a mile. Might (only might) get 10f, but needs to settle a lot better if she’s to have any chance of staying the Oaks trip.

I’d certainly want to see her run at a mile before backing her for Epsom.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Almost all of Amazing Maria’s close family are not 12 furlong horses. Although you are right that Dunlop has a better record with middle distance fillies, Snow Fairy wasn’t bred to get 10, let alone 12f… The way that I seee it at the moment Nathan, AM will probably be best at a mile. Might (only might) get 10f, but needs to settle a lot better if she’s to have any chance of staying the Oaks trip.

I’ve backed Taghrooda at 33/1 for the Oaks and without doing anything she is now best priced at 14/1 and 10/1 Fav in some places. As far as I know she goes straight to the 1000 Guineas and I had a hopeful dabble at 40/1 for that race, as I’m intrigued as to why she was entered there rather than take a definite Oaks path. Of course The Fugue ran in both. I should expect a staying on into the first five or six at Newmarket would see her step up in trip for one of the Oaks trials. She’s probably the horse I am looking forward to most this year, for financial reasons if nothing else!

Any feelings regarding her chances Ginger?

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

If I knew newmarket would of suited front runners yesterday I would of been all over es que love at 16/1 and hamza saver. There’s me thinking them two would burn each other out :? Mark how do you find out which way the finishing post is directed?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I’ve backed Taghrooda at 33/1 for the Oaks and without doing anything she is now best priced at 14/1 and 10/1 Fav in some places. As far as I know she goes straight to the 1000 Guineas and I had a hopeful dabble at 40/1 for that race, as I’m intrigued as to why she was entered there rather than take a definite Oaks path. Of course The Fugue ran in both. I should expect a staying on into the first five or six at Newmarket would see her step up in trip for one of the Oaks trials. She’s probably the horse I am looking forward to most this year, for financial reasons if nothing else!

Decided against going to Lambourn, just not used to getting up early these days and too tired to make the journey.

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve. Looking at pedigree alone you’d think she’d need middle-distances at three, but showed plenty of toe winning her maiden over a mile at Newmarket at two. So I could understand if connections decide to start her off in the Guineas.

We don’t yet know how Sea The Stars will stamp his stock stamina-wise. Although won the Guineas he later improved markedly over middle-distances. His sire Cape Cross was a miler and by speed influence Green Desert, but Cape Cross has got plenty of progeny who stay further than he did (even with non-stamina mares).

Sea The Stars is of course out of the Arc winner Urban Sea; who’s dam Allegretta was second in the Lingfield Oaks Trial, actually led the 1981 Epsom Oaks field before finishing tailed off. There’s quite a lot of stamina in Sea The Stars female line.

Galileo was also out of Urban Sea but by Saddlers Wells, who although never won at 1 ½ miles is a bigger stamina influence than Sea The Stars’ sire Cape Cross; so it’s not a given that STS will turn out as big a stamina influence as his half brother. However…

You could say Taghrooda is quite closely related to Galileo, with her dam Ezima being by Saddlers Wells. Ezima is out of a Darshaan mare; the Saddlers Wells – Darshaan mix one of the best “nicks” in the stud book; with almost 2½ times the prize money of any other Saddlers Wells matings. One of those was Ebadiyla, winner of the 1997 Irish Oaks and “French St Leger” 1m7f Prix Royal Oak (soft) by 6 lengths. Taghrooda’s dam Ezima is out of Ezilla, a sister to the dam of Ebaziyla, Ebaziya, who was also dam of Ascot Gold Cup winners Enzeli and Estimate. Stamina, stamina, stamina.

All things considered, it was surprising Taghrooda showed so much speed at two; which augers well for when she’s stepped up to 1½ miles. Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself; the form so far obviously nowhere near Epsom winning standard as yet, but undoubtedly has bags of potential to improve massively on that. See she’s been backed for Epsom glory again this morning. 14/1 doesn’t strike me as value at this stage Steve, but your 33/1 is a great bet… And if this amazing Gosden strike rate continues wouldn’t rule her out of the Guineas on the way – a’ la Sea The Stars. "Taghrooda" is a type of bedouin poetry and this filly could well be poetry in motion.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Decided against going to Lambourn, just not used to getting up early these days and too tired to make the journey.

:lol: You’d get lost north of Newbury,mind you I bet instead of taking one route you’d take twenty! :lol:

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve.

Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself

:shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

If I knew newmarket would of suited front runners yesterday I would of been all over es que love at 16/1 and hamza saver. There’s me thinking them two would burn each other out :? Mark how do you find out which way the finishing post is directed?

Am lucky I have some old Timeform maps of courses Sam, which show the direction of North, South, East and West. Obviously if knowing whether a course is left or right handed you can work it out from that.

Racing Post site has this:

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/course_list.sd

Clicking on the link gives you course information, including "Maps And Course Characteristics". Click on that and you’ll get a Google Map which is (I believe) always pointing North. You can probably work it out from there Sam.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve. Looking at pedigree alone you’d think she’d need middle-distances at three, but showed plenty of toe winning her maiden over a mile at Newmarket at two. So I could understand if connections decide to start her off in the Guineas.

We don’t yet know how Sea The Stars will stamp his stock stamina-wise. Although won the Guineas he later improved markedly over middle-distances. His sire Cape Cross was a miler and by speed influence Green Desert, but Cape Cross has got plenty of progeny who stay further than he did (even with non-stamina mares).

Sea The Stars is of course out of the Arc winner Urban Sea; who’s dam Allegretta was second in the Lingfield Oaks Trial, actually led the 1981 Epsom Oaks field before finishing tailed off. There’s quite a lot of stamina in Sea The Stars female line.

Galileo was also out of Urban Sea but by Saddlers Wells, who although never won at 1 ½ miles is a bigger stamina influence than Sea The Stars’ sire Cape Cross; so it’s not a given that STS will turn out as big a stamina influence as his half brother. However…

You could say Taghrooda is quite closely related to Galileo, with her dam Ezima being by Saddlers Wells. Ezima is out of a Darshaan mare; the Saddlers Wells – Darshaan mix one of the best “nicks” in the stud book; with almost 2½ times the prize money of any other Saddlers Wells matings. One of those was Ebadiyla, winner of the 1997 Irish Oaks and “French St Leger” 1m7f Prix Royal Oak (soft) by 6 lengths. Taghrooda’s dam Ezima is out of Ezilla, a sister to the dam of Ebaziyla, Ebaziya, who was also dam of Ascot Gold Cup winners Enzeli and Estimate. Stamina, stamina, stamina.

All things considered, it was surprising Taghrooda showed so much speed at two; which augers well for when she’s stepped up to 1½ miles. Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself; the form so far obviously nowhere near Epsom winning standard as yet, but undoubtedly has bags of potential to improve massively on that. See she’s been backed for Epsom glory again this morning. 14/1 doesn’t strike me as value at this stage Steve, but your 33/1 is a great bet… And if this amazing Gosden strike rate continues wouldn’t rule her out of the Guineas on the way – a’ la Sea The Stars. "Taghrooda" is a type of bedouin poetry and this filly could well be poetry in motion.

Thanks for that Ginger. 14/1 is pretty skinny on one run last season for sure.

I’ve managed to snag Lady Carla at 33/1 and Moonshell at 25/1 based on seeing their debuts and feeling they would do well in the Oaks. Back then Moonshell started out with Sir Henry but went to Godolphin for her three year old career.

It’s pretty hard to land these Classic ante-post bets but I managed one last year at 25/1 and they keep you going for a while if you can hit one, sadly Just The Judge and Secret Gesture hit the crossbar at the same odds.

Happy Easter.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

:lol: You’d get lost north of Newbury,mind you I bet instead of taking one route you’d take twenty! :lol:

Taghrooda is certainly one to be interested in Steve.

Can’t say I’ve been successful with backing once raced well bred animals myself

:shock:

I’d better explain for the fools who don’t understand :lol:
    "Too tired" because you’re right, I don’t need to get up and go to work in the mornings any more; rarely see 9:00am let alone 7:00. Nowadays I’m used to going to bed later and getting up later; so when I do try and get an early night it isn’t easy to sleep. Although you clearly know "thrashin" helps you to relax afterwards. :lol:

With the Bourne Valley floods not so long ago I did need to take "10" detours going to Newbury the other day. Ending up going through the wonderfully named "Facombe", something I sometimes feel like saying about certain TRFers. :wink:

I personally do a lot better by waiting until a horse shows something in a listed+ race before getting involved. You’re right again, both Steve and Darren are better than I am at immediately identifying potential top class ability in once raced horses.

My advice to you Gordie Boy, is to know what you’re good at, but don’t fool yourself by believing an occasional big win pays for all the masses of losers it’s easy to conveniently forget about. :wink:

By the way, isn’t it about time you learnt how to use the quote button correctly?

Yes Gord, I

"haven’t a clue about Horses"

:lol: , that must be why (unlike your good self) my three year record of both Flat and Jumps threads show healthy profits… And why my mantle piece is full of trophies won for my (and my team’s) racing knowledge in quizzes against racing insiders; form boffins, journalists, trainers and champion jockeys. 8)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Thanks for that Ginger. 14/1 is pretty skinny on one run last season for sure.

I’ve managed to snag Lady Carla at 33/1 and Moonshell at 25/1 based on seeing their debuts and feeling they would do well in the Oaks. Back then Moonshell started out with Sir Henry but went to Godolphin for her three year old career.

It’s pretty hard to land these Classic ante-post bets but I managed one last year at 25/1 and they keep you going for a while if you can hit one, sadly Just The Judge and Secret Gesture hit the crossbar at the same odds.

Happy Easter.

Ah yes, Moonshell, as usual I probably took my 20/1 just after you Steve. :P Secret Gesture was another we agreed on I seem to remember. If only my local trainer just sent one to Epsom.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge anyone can bet like you,there’s no skill in it whatsoever,all you do is drown any value there once was in your Sea of wagers.How you even dare to say you have any skill in identifying talent in horses beggars belief,again your herd mentality would make you a great Sheep shagger…..I mean Farmer! Betting like you do is like comparing Manchester Utd playing with a 22 man squad against a 3 man opposition,its like having 5 Tennis players against 1, a tug of War team of 20 against 2…….You get the picture? No you wouldn’t because you are so blinkered and yet transparant. Your betting is like spinning a 36 slot Roulette wheel and covering 30 of the numbers.There really is no skill in it whatsoever.In the Real world of Horseracing where your Daily Racing pundits put up one horse per race,Yes only one Ginge thats where Skill and judgement come in.If you took the first horse you put up as one of your 10 main bets,99% of them lose! :shock: :shock: That is an unbelievably bad strike rate but because you go through a roll of toilet paper everytime you open your mouth then your A*se is squeaky clean.My Ante-Post strike rate allows me one Glory wipe because when mine come in there’s no clags clingin on! :wink: Poetry,pure Poetry.If only you could write like me too eh? :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge anyone can bet like you,there’s no skill in it whatsoever,

If you say so Gordie Boy, brings the profits in though.
    It would seem you’re too skilful to make a profit.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

.My Ante-Post strike rate allows me one Glory wipe because when mine come in there’s no clags clingin on! :wink:

That’s all you want isn’t it? The

"Glory wipe"

of the occasional individual win. The

"Glory"

of the odd big priced winner, but with so many non-runner ante-post losers (both win bet losers and place bet losers too) that you’d rather we all forget about… it just doesn’t pay. I don’t care about the

"glory"

Gord, I don’t care about

"daily racing pundits"

, the only thing I care about is the one thing you fail to mention…

profit

. :wink:

I pity your jealousy Gordie, there’s me, with (as you see it)

"no skill"

at all making good profits. Yet your "strike rate" means you can’t manage that despite being (in your mind) a

"legend"

. Resorting to aftertiming to make it sound better than it actually is… when 8/1

"worthy favourite"

turns in to an 8/1 bet

after

it’s won. :lol:

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 2,126 through 2,142 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.