The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,956 through 1,972 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Ascot
    30 points @ 10/1 (PP) Intransigent* (min 8/1)

25 points @ 12/1 (betfair) Ladyship* (min 11/1) (£61 available)
    13 points @ 40/1 (L) Fairway To Heaven* (min 33/1)
    saver:
    10 points @ 7/1 (C) Soul (min 7/1)

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

2:40 Ascot
    35 points @ 9/2 (PP) Gospel Choir* (min 9/2)

25 points @ 8/1 (PP) Mijhaar* (min 15/2)

Probably a saver to come

Got to be honest I’m all over the 4/1 for Secret Number!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Ascot
    35 points @ 9/2 (PP) Gospel Choir* (min 9/2)

25 points @ 8/1 (PP) Mijhaar* (min 15/2)

Probably a saver to come

Got to be honest I’m all over the 4/1 for Secret Number!

Why’s that Ben?

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

He has decent course form and I think his form stacks up better than the others, looked very unlucky at Goodwood and followed that up with a strong run when third against telescope – wasn’t disgraced by Leading Light latest at a trip that is just longer than he wants. Looks like a really strong horse in the last 1-2 furlongs and I think that could be enough to win it for him. Regardless of all that; a horse with proven form like him to be 4/1 in tomorrow’s race is good value on its own I believe.

What makes you like the Moore horse and Mijhaar?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:05 Ascot
    25 points @ 12/1 (B365) Umneyati* (min 10/1)
    31 points @ 11/2 (B365) Extortionist* (min 11/2)
    saver:
    14 points @ 4/1 (VC) Hot Streak (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

He has decent course form and I think his form stacks up better than the others, looked very unlucky at Goodwood and followed that up with a strong run when third against telescope – wasn’t disgraced by Leading Light latest at a trip that is just longer than he wants. Looks like a really strong horse in the last 1-2 furlongs and I think that could be enough to win it for him. Regardless of all that; a horse with proven form like him to be 4/1 in tomorrow’s race is good value on its own I believe.

What makes you like the Moore horse and Mijhaar?

It certainly looks an open race.

You make a good case Ben, may be I’ve under-estimated Secret Number. As you say, ran well in the Leger despite the trip, looking a danger to all at one stage. Could be more to come at this lesser trip too. One negative is may not be suited by the run of the race (held up) and stable not quite in the same form as Leger time. Though I might end up having a saver! :)

Mijhaar has not beaten any horse home in his last two starts. However, they have come on a sound surface. Although he’s undoubtedly got his fair share of temperament, Mijhaar’s form on a soft surface is much more consistent. last 3 runs on a soft surface reads 221, and never been out of the first 4 in 6 races, the only 4th is of 10 in the King Edward.
    In my opinion he’s best fresh these days. He’s had a 64 day break since Goodwood. If looking at the sportinglife.com race card, clicking on the horse, there’s a record for "after 60+ days break". Mijhaaar is 2 wins and a 3rd from 3 starts.
    Front running possibly also important nowadays and there does not look to be another pace setter. Gatewood often tracks pace, so is a possible. I’d be surprised if anything else goes on. So Mijhaar might get the run of the race and (if I remember right) stable in beter form than when last seen.

I was impressed by Gospel Choir at Goodwood Ben, looked (in the paddock) as if the race would bring him on again. Although could be he’s just the type to carry a bit of condition. I thought he won with quite a bit more in hand than distances indicate. In open races where most of the runners seem of similar merit (like this one) – I tend to favour those on the upgrade, who might improve past their rivals. Especially when Gospel Choir is yet to reach the standard breeding suggests he’s capable of. SMS has been in good form of late too. Might go in again if Pricewise does not ruin the odds!

It’s an interesting little race Ben.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

4:25 Ascot
    44 points @ 4/1 (888) Enrol* (min 4/1)
    19 points @ 16/1 (B365) Maid A Million* (min 14/1)
    savers:
    7 points @ 10/1 (B365) Ghanaian (min 10/1)
    7 points @ 11.5/1 (betfair) Tantshi (min 10/1)(£2 available @ 12/1, £5 available @ 11.5/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:30 Ascot
    20 points @ 14/1 (B365) New Fforest* (min 12/1)
    15 points @ 33/1 (B365) Take Cover* (min 25/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:30 Ascot
    20 points @ 14/1 (B365) New Fforest* (min 12/1)
    15 points @ 33/1 (B365) Take Cover* (min 25/1)

26 points @ 7/1 (VC) Doc Hay* (min 13/2)
    savers:
    10 points @ 7/1 (FD) Steps (min 7/1)
    8 points @ 9/1 (B365) Rocky Ground (min 9/1)

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

4:25 Ascot
    44 points @ 4/1 (888) Enrol* (min 4/1)
    19 points @ 16/1 (B365) Maid A Million* (min 14/1)
    savers:
    7 points @ 10/1 (B365) Ghanaian (min 10/1)
    7 points @ 11.5/1 (betfair) Tantshi (min 10/1)(£2 available @ 12/1, £5 available @ 11.5/1)

A race we agree on, glad to see you like Maid A Million as well! Got 23/1 and 22/1 last night on Betfair and got the 16/1 e/w on betvictor. Enrol looks a smart horse though I have a feeling Ryan Moore will have one or two winners today after failing to do so yesturday.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Casphar Nechter another one I see winning, think he’ll really appreciate the drop in grade. I think it’ll be enough for him to take the win like he has done on a number of occasions in the past when against slightly lesser competition.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Hi Ginge

Haven’t dropped in a lot over the summer.

How has your season been? Enjoyed the flat this year?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Congratulations Ben, Secret Number improved to win well, just as you said he would. I wasn’t too pleased with either jockey on my two. Mijhaar is an awkward so and so and poor actioned, possibly needs a rail. Ground not soft enough for Moore to go so wide. However, although they could’ve done better, Secret Number put up a standard of performance neither would’ve troubled the winner anyway.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Casphar Nechter another one I see winning, think he’ll really appreciate the drop in grade. I think it’ll be enough for him to take the win like he has done on a number of occasions in the past when against slightly lesser competition.

To be honest, I never even knew Caspar was running today Ben. May be just as well. Unlucky, ran really well. Be nice to see him win another good race, but is always the type who needs luck in running.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Hi Ginge

Haven’t dropped in a lot over the summer.

How has your season been? Enjoyed the flat this year?

Profitable tb.

The Flat has been a mixture this year tb. Before Glorious Goodwood poor, brilliant Goodwood and it continued for a long time, then levelled out. Unfortunately haven’t kept the profit/loss going on this thread. Probably due to that bad start and not wanting to know :shock: , got behind with the p/l and couldn’t get it back :( . Hope to get time once my season is over. Though rule 4’s aren’t going to be easy to calculate. Some of the bets I advise on here at bookmaker odds I’ve taken exchange prices myself and vice versa.

Bookmakers closing/limiting accounts, so can’t be doing much wrong and more money in the bank than when the season started in April. So can’t complain tb.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Good to hear you have done well, well done.

Jumping season ahead of you I am sure you are looking forward to, all the best with that.

Which bookmakers have you found problematic generally? Have you any ideas going forward as to how you might work around it?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Arc De Triomphe
    35 points @ 5.8/1 (betfair) Novellist* (min 11/2)(£179 available)
    19 points @ 16.5/1 (betfair) Al Kazeem* (min 14/1)(£44 available)

Novellist non-runner. :cry:

20 points @ 10/1 (SJ) Ruler Of The World* (min 9/1)

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,956 through 1,972 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.