The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,922 through 1,938 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:10 Newmarket
    22 points @ 14/1 (FD) Miss Dashwood* (min 11/1)
    23 points @ 9/1 (WH) Songbird* (min 17/2)
    14 points @ 9/2 (VC) Astonishing (min 9/2)
    18 points @ 100/30 (Sporting) Phiz (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

4:15 Newmarket
    28 points @ 12/1 (SJ) Genzy* (min 9/1)
    22 points @ 12/1 (B365) Model Pupil* (min 11/1)
    13 points @ 4/1 (FD) Statutory (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Thankfully a good day at Goodwood yesterday, after a nightmare Saturday.

3:40 Newmarket

15 points @ 33/1 (FD) Miracle Of Medinah* (min 25/1)

37 points @ 5/1 (Sky) Silent Bullet* (min 5/1)
    saver:
    18 points @ 3/1 (WH) Cable Bay (min 3/1)

As another M.Chapman would say…

Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaa! :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Fertyfree t’ wun Robert!

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Nice one!

That horse certainly believes in winning at big odds.

A bit sad to see the once touted

Championship

not showing much again after his Coventry disappointment for the Hannon team.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Newmarket
    36 points @ 13/2 (Sky) Sound Reflection* (min 6/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Nice one!

That horse certainly believes in winning at big odds.

A bit sad to see the once touted

Championship

not showing much again after his Coventry disappointment for the Hannon team.

Thanks Steve,
    Being able to make/dispute the running at no more than a fair pace is (I believe) what Miracle Of Medinah needs. Going up to 7f today, I thought if able to be in the right place for the sprint for home – might have more speed than many 7f horses/potential milers. He’s only small and Mark Usher has done really well with the son of Milk It Mick. His trainer always comes to our (West Berkshire Racing Club) quiz, so delighted for connections.
    I do remember being at Newbury when Miracle pulled off another miracle Steve, settling well in front. Had Hannon’s other Coventry runner Thunder Strike well behind. Took a look at the prices on the board in the paddock and did not go around to the ring. Only to find MOM drifted late – to quite a bit bigger than my "price to beat". Watched it saunter home. I was not going to miss him again. :lol:

It is sad to see Championship once again prove disappointing Steve, though may just be over-rated. Missing since Ascot, I think we can safely say there’s definitely been a problem. Thought his price in the Coventry was more about Hannon’s record there and being Hughsie’s choice – than "form". Today wasn’t (imo) that far below his maiden win, Berkshire improved greatly between then and Ascot. The name "Championship" may encourage people to over-estimate his ability. There’s also the fact Hannon has not had anywhere near his usual strike rate lately. Virus? All in all, Championship could still improve next year if all is well, though can’t see him proving Championship standard Steve.

Sorry to see Genzy break down badly, I presume the worst. :(

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Newmarket
    36 points @ 13/2 (Sky) Sound Reflection* (min 6/1)

43 points @ 5/2 (FD) Ihtimal* (min 5/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Newmarket
    32 points @ 15/2 (Sky) Guest Of Honour* (min 13/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:40 Newmarket
    32 points @ 15/2 (Sky) Guest Of Honour* (min 13/2)

15 points @ 100/30 (B365) Montiridge (min 3/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1:40 Newmarket
    84 points @ 6/5 (FD) Radiator* (min Evens)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1000 Guineas
    20 points @ 20/1 (L) Amazing Maria* (min 15/1)

20 points @ 20/1 (B365) Radiator* (min 15/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Well done with Miracle Of Medinah, that should keep your lights on at home for a while. :)

I see you’ve backed Montiridge for today, are you not concerned with the form of the Hannon runners?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

1000 Guineas

Really excited about the 1000 Guineas next season, my personal two favourite fillies are Ihtimal (who I’ve backed today as well as Radiator) and Integral, will be interesting to see how they do over the next 2 days compared to Radiator.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well done with Miracle Of Medinah, that should keep your lights on at home for a while. :)

I see you’ve backed Montiridge for today, are you not concerned with the form of the Hannon runners?

Thanks Nathan,
    Medinah paid for all this month’s bills. :D

I am very worried about the Hannon form Nathan, which is why I’ve only made him a saver. But wanted to be against Soft Falling Rain at yesterday’s prices. Albeit he’s drifted out this morning. Still think he’s a bit short, as the form is not that far in front of his rivals

IF

they all run to form. Montiridge unusually seemed lit up last time out, may be something to do with travelling to the course. So even with the Hannon worry, thought Montiridge was over-priced today.

Suspect SFR will not be so prominent today as he was at Newbury. Three outsiders all normally like to be up there on the pace. Might be set up for a hold up horse like Guest Of Honour. Like Grandeur (successful at Goodwood this week) ran poorly in the Arlington Million, held up in a slowly run race. Take that race out and he’s progressive.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

1000 Guineas

Really excited about the 1000 Guineas next season, my personal two favourite fillies are Ihtimal (who I’ve backed today as well as Radiator) and Integral, will be interesting to see how they do over the next 2 days compared to Radiator.

I think Ihtimal is a better two year old than Amazing Maria or Radiator at the moment Ben. Godolphin’s filly isn’t very big, so lacks the scope to improve from two to three. Mind you, she may not have to progress after today. :)

Looking forward to a good days racing today and an even better one tomorrow. Have yet to look at the Sun Chariot, Integral does look interesting though Ben.

I backed Sweet Aclaim at 8/1 for Newbury last week, shortened up to 9/2 before declared a non-runner. I see she’s been backed at a big price today. Hope she doesn’t let the air out of our Radiator! :P

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I think Ihtimal is a better two year old than Amazing Maria or Radiator at the moment Ben. Godolphin’s filly isn’t very big, so lacks the scope to improve from two to three. Mind you, she may not have to progress after today. :)

Looking forward to a good days racing today and an even better one tomorrow. Have yet to look at the Sun Chariot, Integral does look interesting though Ben.

I backed Sweet Acclaim at 8/1 for Newbury last week, shortened up to 9/2 before declared a non-runner. I see she’s been backed at a big price today. Hope she doesn’t let the air out of our Radiator! :P

Yeah she isn’t the biggest filly in the world but the way she quickened up the other week was very taking, especially after it looked like she may get boxed in. She appeared to have a fair amount left in the tank too at the line. Whether she’ll be the type to land the 1000 Guineas is another matter though and I’m still not knowledgeable enough on the sport to confidently place ante-post bets. I feel I need to learn more about the size of the animals and the way certain big races are run (Guineas, Supreme NH etc.) before doing that.

The Sun Chariot looks hot race tomorrow and I like Sky Lantern to gain revenge over EK so looking at it I’ll probably back both Sky Lantern (as long as she’s 6/4 or bigger) and Integral (still at 7/1 on pp I think).

Let’s hope Sweet Aclaim doesn’t burn us in the opener then as I can see you’ve put a good amount on Radiator!

Viewing 17 posts - 1,922 through 1,938 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.