The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gingers Flat Winners

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Gingers Flat Winners

Viewing 17 posts - 1,803 through 1,819 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Salisbury
    62 points @ 2/1 (Sky) An Chulainn* (min 7/4)

This is one I really like the look of too at the price, really don’t get why it’s drifted from 7/4 to 2/1 (on PP), would have thought it’d be a 6/4 or 5/4 shot by now. Is the price because of the potential of the newcomers with them being well-bred, expensive and from top jockeys/stables?

I realise I may have answered my own question there, but still, with none of the other top 3 in the market being backed I find it odd that the favourite isn’t shorter-priced given her confirmed form.

Think you have more or less answered Ben. The well bred horses are a danger, but Stoutey’s and Balding’s two year olds usually need their debut, though Andrew (if memory serves) has a better record with that stat at Salisbury than elsewhere. Stybba is from an owner who more than most might like a first time out winner. However, when Balding does have a debutant winner they are (at his local Salisbury) generally well backed. So watch for a market move.
    All Hannon/Hughes horses seem to be well backed, and the fact Lustrous is (at the moment) weak – must be (so far) a negative.
    The one I have had a saver on is David Lanigan’s Placida. I’ve missed the best price, but 10/1 is still fair. Horse hasn’t shown that much in two starts, but the stable was in awful form at the time and firing them in now! Could well improve considerably.

However, if An Chulainann runs to the Irish form it should (imo) be good enough to win an average renewal of the Quidhampton maiden. Even though going up in trip 2/1 looks well worth taking.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:15 Salisbury
    62 points @ 2/1 (Sky) An Chulainn* (min 7/4)

saver:
    7 points @ 10/1 (VC) Placida (min 10/1)

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Cheers for the speedy response Ginge, will do my best to keep an eye on any late market movers but I start work at 2.30 so will miss anything that moves very late, interesting to see Whispering Star getting backed from 20’s to 8/1, can’t have it myself though as although she is clearly fancied by the stable I can’t blindly back a horse. Like you said the favourite is going up in trip slightly but with her finishing strongly in her most recent race it doesn’t look like it’ll be too much of a problem.

Have you looked through the Haydock 3.35? I’m a huge Moore fan but the vaalue seems to be in the second-favourite Mankini at 9/4, the two horses look reasonably similarly matched on their last two outings with the Cumani horse probably being less-backed due to him not having a jockey/trainer that your average punter knows as much about. Then again I don’t think it’d surprise many should Fennell Bay mop up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Cheers for the speedy response Ginge, will do my best to keep an eye on any late market movers but I start work at 2.30 so will miss anything that moves very late, interesting to see Whispering Star getting backed from 20’s to 8/1, can’t have it myself though as although she is clearly fancied by the stable I can’t blindly back a horse. Like you said the favourite is going up in trip slightly but with her finishing strongly in her most recent race it doesn’t look like it’ll be too much of a problem.

Have you looked through the Haydock 3.35? I’m a huge Moore fan but the vaalue seems to be in the second-favourite Mankini at 9/4, the two horses look reasonably similarly matched on their last two outings with the Cumani horse probably being less-backed due to him not having a jockey/trainer that your average punter knows as much about. Then again I don’t think it’d surprise many should Fennell Bay mop up.

I was at Salisbury today Ben, so did not have a chance to look at the racing from Haydock.

My two in the 3:15 ran well enough; An Chulainn might not have truly stayed in 3rd, possibly just not good enough. A tall but sparely made filly. Or was she over-trained? (thin). As expected Placida improved a lot, staying on well but not quite good enough. Winner Lustrous did shorten a little on course (7/1 from 8’s) but not as much as a lot of Hannon/Hughes Salisbury runners. Punters possibly put off by the combination’s two representatives (both favs) from the two previous races disappointing.
    Whispering Star a mystery to me too Ben, not enough in her 8th of 11 at Wolves to warrent such a market move. Though ultimately a non-runner. Certainly would not advocate backing all market movers Ben, it’s just (in my experience) when the trainer is in such good form (a la Placida/Lanigan that a shortening tends to suggest a horse improving.
    Lustrous might have won, but it was the 4th Asyad I’d confidently expect to be the best of these in the long run. Big filly who’ll come on a lot for the run, be surprised if Timeform don’t rate her with a large "P". Green in paddock and early on in the race before staying on once the penny dropped, not knocked about. Should win at least a maiden. Same stable’s Dianora the one to take out of the first division too.

The 3:15 the only one of four races I did not get the winner. Joyeuse being a saver, but Viking Storm 14/1 bog and Tantshi 13/2 (minus R4) good priced main bets for another successful day at the office. :D

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

3:50 Haydock
    24 points @ 16/1 Rex Imperator*(min 11/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

25 points @ 9/1 Slade Power* (min 8/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

2:20 Kempton
    21 points @ 14/1 (B365) Tac De Boistron* (min 12/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

24 points @ 8/1 (WH) Prince Bishop* (min 8/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

24 points @ 8/1 (WH) Prince Bishop* (min 8/1)

33 points @ 6/1 (SJ) Main Sequence* (min 11/2)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

25 points @ 9/1 Slade Power* (min 8/1)

15 points @ 100/30 (SJ) Lethal Force (min 100/30)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

5:45 Leopardstown
    25 points @ 13/2 (WH) Caponata* (min 13/2)
    17 points @ 20/1 (B365) Wannabe Better* (min 18/1)
    Saver:
    7 points @ 4/1 (C) Kenhope (min 4/1)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

It all started well today with Prince Bishop, but three losing races meant I only broke even. Was going to put a saver on The Fugue when race times suggested was no worse than genuinely good ground in Ireland. But in the end with DOW coming out I let just Al Kazeem run for me.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

It all started well today with Prince Bishop, but three losing races meant I only broke even. Was going to put a saver on The Fugue when race times suggested was no worse than genuinely good ground in Ireland. But in the end with DOW coming out I let just Al Kazeem run for me.

You have invested over 240 points on todays racing Ginge,that tells me you are investing £1 a point Max! No wonder you cant pay your electricity bill! :shock: ………..Your followers may feel a little aggrieved after todays results,words like sold down the river spring to mind! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

You have invested over 240 points on todays racing Ginge,that tells me you are investing £1 a point Max! No wonder you cant pay your electricity bill! :shock: ………..Your followers may feel a little aggrieved after todays results,words like sold down the river spring to mind! :shock:

I make it 220 with a non-runner.

Why "sold down the river" Gordie Boy? :?
    I can’t surely be expected to make outrageous profits for my followers on every day. :lol:

Not for the first time you presume too much about my staking, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. Parr for you I know.
    M Y O B. :roll:

I am (at the moment) making enough to pay all my bills plus a bit more. Hope that continues, not complacent at all.

But doubt if I have your lavish lifestyle Gord. You’ve clearly had enough tonight and it might be best if you stop drinking. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You’ve clearly had enough tonight and it might be best if you stop drinking. :lol:

Ouch! I admit I had a little celebratory drink but I’m not so ‘gifted’ as you and dont get to back winners on a daily basis Ginge! :lol:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ginge: if you are gambling to survive I suggest you take a break, it scares me when people are using their utility bills money, IF you are betting the amount of points you are putting on here it’s no wonder you are struggling!

There is no shame in admitting you have a problem, don’t throw your life away for the sake of a bet!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Should’ve been at Goodwood today, but

did not want to leave the house in a

. :lol: Still, with Lyn Valley and Aquilonius winning – a good day’s work.

Not a bad result/write up, although I do say so myself. 8)

1st Aquilonius SP 16/1 (backed at 43/1 and 47/1)
    2nd Mutual Respect
    3rd Arch Villain
    Exacta would’ve paid £270.80 for those who like that sort of thing.

+102.25 points profit on Lyn Valley’s race.
    -68 points deficit in Captain Midnight’s.
    +340.1 points profit on Aquilonius’s race.
    +374.35 points profit on the day.
    :D

:lol:

What part of that joke don’t you two fools understand? :roll:

Let me go through it for you.

Had an electricity power cut on Tuesday just before I was due to leave for Goodwood… No doubt for those living in a city it is not something that happens to you nowadays. But us country yocals are used to such things. It is a 13 mile round trip to the nearest shop. Power Cuts are a frequent occurrence FOR ALL villagers here, mostly lasting around 5 or 10 minutes but it can be an hour or more. Not knowing how long it would last – I did not want to come back to a freezer and fridge full of uneatables. So called my Sussex trip off. Betting from home and watching RUK…

…After a particularly good day’s betting winning loads of money, I joked "I can pay the electricity bill now"! :lol:

Both this and the "power cut" comments were accompanied with a smilie. A LAUGHING smilie. Not the crying smilie Gord deliberately replaced it with in a QUOTE. :roll:

Do you understand the joke now GDC? :lol:

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,803 through 1,819 (of 2,647 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.