The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Gimcrack 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Gimcrack 2009

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Our Vic
    • Total Posts 99

Always a good race for the 2 year olds here…. And seeing as Hannon has pinpointed the race for Moinesur Chevalier, i’d be inclined to think he’d take all the beating. Some classy horses entered, inducing Orpen Grey, the July Stakes 2nd , and also impressive scorer here for Godolphin Vale Of York.

Ballydoyle only have 2 entries I can find, Purple Heart, who finished 3rd in a Naas maiden sometime last wee, and Bevenuto, who didn’t like heavy ground when 4th on Sunday.

John Gosden is targeting the race with Showcasing, 2nd to Arcano on his maiden debut before then winning easily at Yarmouth.

Moinesur for me, will take all the beating.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Showcasing has twice been taken out on account of softer going so presumably he needs it good or faster before he’d run. I think the horse has great potential though and if he did show up I would be happy to be with him. Reminds me of Oasis Dream (from same stable) in terms of having had a fairly low key introduction. I’d take him over Monsieur Chevalier as I think he’d need a helter skelter pace to chase to be seen at his best, especially over 6f…and the fact is at york horses often dont stop when in front. Will be other unexposed sorts line up on the day though.

BeeforsalmonJNCC
    • Total Posts 10

coolmore have a very nice 2 year old running tonight who im expecting to do the business called Mikhail Glinka.

the thing is im no expert but it seems strange that the horse is running over 8f and his last race quickened up in the last 150 yards STS style!!!!!

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

What do you call a Ballydoyle horse who wins a maiden at Gowran Park and then runs in a Nursery at Killarney on his 2nd start?

Answers on a postcard.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7231

If it runs been pulled out of it last 2 races.I have to go for Showcasing.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29178

Think Monsieur Chevalier’s chance is overdone by bookies prices here. I have him and Orpen Grey as true 9/4 chances, so the latter is the main bet. With Showcasing too short aswell. Corporal Maddox looks over-priced on betfair at 37/1 (I make him a true 15/1shot). Taajub is (imo) marginal value at 20/1 too.

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I wish you luck Ging but I wasn’t even going to look at the race and nearly fell through the floor when I saw the prices.

MC should be 1/2 for this.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Orpen Grey will be away and gone by the time Monsieur Chevalier hits full stride.

That’s the hope, anyway.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I’ve just realised that Moe has been going on all about the Ebor, and she also gets to see MC, about whom she got all excited about at Goodwood. I’ll have an extra close look if they show Monsieur Chevalier parading in the paddock. :lol:

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Showcasing seemed to be way ahead of that lot and the money was well put and won pretty easily and seemed to idle, Monsieur Chevalier was just not good enough for the step up in trip, who will surely be targeted at sprints next year as he is surely not good enough for a classic campaign.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Just a shame the Gimcrack has become nothing but a Group 2 sprint for 2yos rather than a stepping stone to 7f or a mile.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Showcasing looked very impressive, his sire has been getting stock who ger further than he did so a classic campagn would not be out of the question for him.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.