The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

galaxy rock

Home Forums Memorials galaxy rock

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2273

sadly suffered fatal fall at first fence at market rasen today, rip :(

vf

• Total Posts 433

RIP lad :(

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

Gosh; lots of mixed emotions about this. Really highlights the dangers to both horses and jockeys [thank goodness McCoy walked away unharmed] and a strange deja vu feel about it. Has cast a shadow that will go further than these shores.Very sad. RIP.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Very sad news. RIP. :(

Does anyone know if Massannie and Raifteiri are okay from their falls? Massannie fell in the 2.20 at Market Rasen and RP says she came back in the horse ambulance. Raifteiri fell in the 2.45 at Cartmel and RP says the final fence was bypassed due to stricken horse and jockey.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7516

Looking at the recording of the Cartmel race, Raftieri appeared to get up OK and run away. I believe the screens were up for Gary Rutherford who could be seen on the ground as the horses went past on the final circuit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

RIP dear Galaxy Rock :cry:
    This race was being broadcast at Newmarket and we heard that Galaxy Rock had fallen but later on the next circuit that they were by passing a fence as Galaxy Rock had gone down.

It was devastating news and I’m so sorry for everyone concerned with this horse, of course also knowing that he was the horse that A.P Macnamara was riding when he fell at the first, it was sad that it had to end this way for him, he was only trying to do his best, poor boy.

Thank goodness another A.P. got up safely but so sad for Galaxy and Jonjo O’Neil, the owners and all concerned. :( :cry:

Not a fan of Summer Jumps and wish it would go back to when we had the Flat Season from around end March to end October and the Jumps Season from around October through to April. The ground, especially in this hot weather, is much to firm and the distances too long. :( :(

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

RIP Galaxy Rock, another very sad day for horse racing. Two other falls today at Market Rasen, hope those horses are OK. :cry:

bigstan80
    • Total Posts 14

RIP BIG LAD

I am new to horse racing been following for around 6 months and know very little but im seeing a lot of fatalitys, Very upsetting and im sure something can be done to reduce this but to what, i dont know,

Thomas Chippendale affected me badly and still does today, Dont know if im strong enough to keep following horses as its painful for me.

Imagine the owners/trainers etc hurts everybody bad. :(

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9301

In racing the highs are very high and the lows are very low. If you’ve not been into racing for long all I can say is you’ll get more out of it if you do care about the horses, even though at times like this it does hurt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.