The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

From the phone booth to the flats

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays From the phone booth to the flats

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I’ll have a few bets, and see where it goes from here. For the winter derby on the a/w i’ve backed [b:adstttxu]Myplacelater[/b:adstttxu] tenner e/w at 14/1, and also Eton Forever 10/1 and Fury 9/1 with 15 quid singles.

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1220

Good luck Superman. I’m not sure about Myplacelater, it’s always difficult to gauge where a horse is after a long layoff and switching stables, but is in good hands with Fahey. I think the winner will come from the other two.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Cheers Rich. Yeah it will be tough for Myplacelater, but she is 14s afterall. I was thinking that a strong pace might give her the chance to get in the money, if she’s fit enough. It sometimes takes her time for the penny to drop over 10f. I prefer the jumps to the flats, so i’m not keen to get in too deep with these flat races. I’ll just see how it goes fella. After placing my Lincoln bets i noticed we backed the same horses, so let’s hope that’s a good omen. One has course form, and the other has the potential to be a few pounds well in if it rediscovers some early form from last season. On my last thread, the horses i’ve marked up for this season were ‘Most Improved’ and Strong Suit. The first of those two has now went down in price because of the usual garbage from the bookies after finding out the horse is still alive, and the other might just be a July Cup sort.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

It’s time to go back in on the two Lincoln horses. I’ve had good sized bets on them. If neither do the business, i might just start focusing on the King George. :lol:

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

One available firm has 9/1 left on Wading for the Oaks, so i shoved 50 notes on it. It’s a bet i’ve had in mind, and as she will be out for a spin later with the rest of that mobs horses, then you know the price won’t be there later. Good luck to the Celts today !

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Of all the horses in the Lincoln, Cocozza is the one that sort of makes me slightly nervous. I have a ‘Toner DOdairies’ feeling about this one. Runs over 10f, makes a switch from Oxx to Botti, and it would appear to be fit and going for an easy 8f. If this one wins, i won’t be frowning, especially if So You Think does the business along with it. That’s me done with that race. I always try and stick with the one horse, but once my mind starts getting into work i have a habbit of following it up. I said i’m not going to get in too deep in the flats. The reason is that i don’t want to give bookies all of their money back. If i come away empty handed on Saturday, i’ll need to re-evaluate things and come up with something to keep an interest in the flats without putting too much at stake. Pounds over points.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

It wasn’t that long ago that Makfi won the guineas. The same trainer has a prospect i know little about called Hermival. However, he’s a Dubawi colt like Makfi, and has won his only 2 y/o start on soft ground. If he done alright he could go on to the guineas and make my 120/1 look not too bad. He also trains a horse called Dragon Pulse, which is a good horse in his own right, having run in good 2y/o races in Ireland for J Harrington. They will run in France in the next few weeks, so i’ll look out.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I think i should have stayed in the phone booth. Alright, the big races are approaching, and i’m in no rush to care about ficticious gambles, unhelpful trainers and the usual suspects having people guessing which of their horses is going to run. We get this every season, and to me it has just becomes plain boring. Some people might like it as part of the puzzle. The only horse that could make me part with a couple of bob is a horse i already backed last year, and that’s ‘Born To sea’ as it intrigues me. I’m switching my attention to the Kentucky Derby instead, and have had a 100 quid bet on Union Rags at 6/1. I’ve liked him since his second to Hansen, but i was focusing on the NH season. The price went down to 9/2 at one point, so i’m glad he got beat in the Florida derby, because he’s now at a price i’m ok(ish) with, as long as he runs. I believe he was the best horse in that race, and that he has improvement in him over the longer trip. He wasn’t well positioned, and having watched the highlights a few times he wasn’t asked alot. I won’t be backing anything else in that race, and the thing that concerns me the most would be a tough draw. He looks every bit a champion, so here’s hoping !

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I had a small bet on Hadaj in the last at Kempton, so i hope he can run well at 14/1.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

As stated earlier, i’d add to Born To Sea for the guineas. I added to the 9 i took last year with 14 and 12’s. I’m willing to believe that last run wasn’t it. I’d have preferred to see it before hand as a 3y/o. I’ll assume it’s wintered well, as i doubt it would go straight there otherwise.(if he gets there)

The bet i had on Union Rags was partly placed incase i blow my money by the time the derby comes around. There are some good horses in the derby, and it may be that my selection on the day is still roughly the price i’ve taken. If you believe in value, there are some nice horses at better prices that will definitely go off shorter. My selection has actually dropped to 5/1 despite them taking no money for it. Many recent winners have been at decent odds, and none have been hyped. However, i’m genuinely expecting a very good run as long as the draw isn’t cruel. If this big bruiser is unleashed from a decent draw, he will run well whatever the conditions. There’s smarter prices out there for other runners all the same. I say this as i hope nobody is daft enough to actually part with money on anything i back.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1z1ae05.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/34r66oy.jpg

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

He also trains a horse called Dragon Pulse, which is a good horse in his own right, having run in good 2y/o races in Ireland for J Harrington. They will run in France in the next few weeks, so i’ll look out.

Superman according to the net your powers are as follows

Powers

Flight
    Invulnerability
    Superhuman Strength
    Superhuman Speed
    X-Ray Vision
    Telescopic/Microscopic Vision
    Heat Vision
    Super-Senses
    Super Breath/Freeze Breath
    Eidetic memory
    Regeneration
    Longevity
    Superhuman Olfaction

I now see you have included the power of invisibility to this list and that was some stunt you pulled off to keep touching poor Soumilion on the shoulders forcing him to keep looking around and putting him off driving Dabrisim home just so this Dragon Pulse could win, whatever next!………… :mrgreen:

Member since March 2008
    Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Nathan i made a promise from birth that i would never abuse my super powers. When i put up Sprinter Sacre up before he jumped a fence, and doubled him up with Finians Rainbow, i was targeted by animal rights protesters outside my door implying that i intentionally endangered horses and jockeys in the Queen Mother so that the last fence would be passed. Some old hoarse voiced woman with a weird looking eye attacked me in a busy public area with a handbag and shouted, "it’s him, he tries to kill jockeys". Upon further inspection of her bag using x-ray vision, i noticed a betting slip that said ‘310 Cheltenham sizing europe £5 @ 11/10’. I then went to the corner shop, but i was confronted by the worlds media who were following me in cars and springing from behind trees and shop shelves. The phone has been hot since the Prix Fontainebleau. I wasn’t at the racing on Sunday. I was actually on call to help the citizens of a nearby area after reports that there were problems with overflowing in the river Seinne which threatened the local enviroment and its citizens. Having watched the race, i thought the best horse won and that Chritophe Soumillon did the best job he possibly could.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2elxe88.jpg

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Todays horses to come second are Poole Harbour 6/1 and Lilly’s Angel 9/1, with a small bet on Lady Gorgeous at 50/1 in the same race. Although i would prefer them to come first.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I’ve backed a couple of runners for the 1000 guineas. My main selection is Mashoora at 12/1, backed up with Topeka at 230/1 and downwards for bits and bobs on the machine. Hopefully they get there.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Nothing big tomorrow. I got 5/1 on Bronterre, and i’ve backed Fury for the SM at 6/1. Hopefully one can win.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I’m counting down the days to the Kentucky Derby. It’s a race i’m looking forward to more than the others. Union Rags is a big gentle giant, an absolute cracker. This one isn’t just about a gamble. I want the horse to win and have his big day out, and i want the owner to win this race and see her horse that means so much to her take home the big prize.

http://s14.postimage.org/7p95jybal/praying.gif

http://s16.postimage.org/gij0gnzch/fountain.jpg

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25462

I hope you kept the faith, with Union Rags, Superman?

Member since March 2008
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.