The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

From Stateside

Home Forums Horse Racing From Stateside

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BUD
    • Total Posts 98

I’m Bud Gave my Hard Luck Intro in another side of this forum.

To Wager into the UK races I have to use TVG-Its something like ATR except they take wagers aswell—I am not reall Happy with Them Thet charge.25Cent per wager-American Money—

I am disabled & love to watch the races–The UK races are my favorite–

I was looking for another vehicle for my wagers? Does anybody have any ideas?

Spent a lot of time in your Country–Even had some training across the Pond-Anti Terror training–Its is my 2nd home-when The kids are old enough It shall become my home—

Thanks for your time–Even if You have no Idea how to answer my question..

Thanks.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

It’s probably the same vehicle in a different colour but:

http://www.ebetusa.com
    http://www.youbet.com and the French site (which sometimes does UK races) http://www.zeturf.com might be of help :)

Welcome to TRF and good luck on the UK races Bud :)

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I asked canbet incase they do but American legislation prohibits American citizens gambling outwith the U.S…maybe Craig Baddick will know about this sort of thing.

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

Due to the way the Politics is set up–Almost every State has different bylaws. Under the umbrella of The Federal System–I found one outlet to wager & these folks take .25from me every wager—-Kind of like your–Sorry If I mispell Pence? is that is –The Currency below the Pound—

Now that adds up in a short time never mind the long haul.

Now that I am semi started I am Jazzed–I have my Morning Physical Therapy–Then Once I am done Its Racing in The UK—Before it was hours of Sheer boredom like you could not believe until Stateside started—-

When All This happened to me, I peally thought about cashing in the chips–Then I saw Horse racing on TV–Um Many times and decided–That This was it—It made sence–I tried to be on the equine Police Patrol–I know about horses the whole family rides—-It was the perfect Medicine—This Officer no longer felt sorry about his circumstance & found something productive—-The MS wreaks havok on the nerve connections in the brain—The Handicapping is the pefect brain excercise if there was any–
    Any help any suggestion is very appreciated..Thank you.

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

Hi..I have a simple question but everytime I google it it does not give me the information that I am seeking.

I will try you chaps. I am looking over a form in it is says class 4, the next race is a class 6-Etc. Does this mean the horse that has been running in class 4 is in better company then the horse who is running in class 6?

Also how many class structures are there? and is the lower best or is the higher the better class-

I am sorry I know these have to be easy questions. I apologise in advance and also thank who ever took the time to read this and reply with the answer.

Also if any know of good sites where I can get good UK Racing info that would be a great help. Thanks folks-

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Lord, erm, 7 Classes I believe. Certainly at least 6.

Class 1 is the best and it’s where you’ll find all the pattern races.

Craig Braddick
    • Total Posts 373

Hi Bud:

I am an English racecaller here in the USA.

I know of no legal way in the US to wager with a UK bookmaker, if you live in the USA.

I cannopt condone any shady activity but I have known people set up accounts with a UK addy,,,

Craig

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Bud,

You strike me as being an educated person so you will, of course, already know you can easily circumvent the access issue for UK betting sites – however in doing so you will, of course, still be breaking your local laws and, probably some additional Federal laws as well.

Clearly I cannot tell you how to circumvent the access issue but I am sure you know it is your IP address which identifies you as being located in the US.

I am also sure I do not need to tell you as, again, you already know, it is possible to obtain a "non-geographic" IP address for anonymous surfing.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Are you still in Denver Craig?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Hi Bud. As I remember (so could be wrong) the law prohibiting you (or to look at it another way protecting US gaming/Poker) gaming with British/European companies is wrapped up in a ‘Wire Transfer of Monies’ or some such name, Federal Law. I think I’m correct in saying the actual criminal act is in being in receipt of such monies and shortly after its introduction two directors of a Gib based internet Poker company were arrested under this law after flying into the States.

As a consequence, no British/European firms would even begin to take the smallest chance of allowing you to bet with them as it would be the Directors of the firms that would be wanted by the FBI or worse still Big H from the Miami-Dade Crime Lab (and Horatio always gets his man)

That 25c in the dollar thing sounds unimaginable how does it work?

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

Where I go thru-They would charge 25cents per wager–This is legal theft-This morning prior to Wolverhampton I got on line with the Gents there-I said I am going to leave I have a great offer–I didn’t–But I told them I did-They said what can we do to keep you as a customer–I said drop the 25cent per wager fee—They got a Mng on the tele & he obliged my request.

I appreciate all your help—If any wanna help me learn the UK game Plz I listen so much more than I speak—

Many many thanks—–WoW Craig I think I stumbled on your site before—Wow—-Thanks

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Stick around and contribute to the various parts of the forum and you’ll pick up a heck of a lot – may even get yourself an advantage over the various US firms you bet with, do they have their own "pool" so to speak or use the SP to determine the dividend?

Craig Braddick
    • Total Posts 373

Are you still in Denver Craig?

Hi Cavelino!

Yes, I am. Have not been able to be online much of late. On our 2nd weekend, two tornadoes touched down within a mile of the track. I was the last to leave the roof as the funnel cloud came by, trying to direct everyone to safety. To say it was scary is an understatement.

The upshot was I lost my internet connection for my non-work computer. So could only communicate to people through email or the occasional on work time surfing which I dont like to do.

However, everything is now up and running. I am enjoying the summer here and had a lot of ne experiences. I will be able to take some picies this weekend and will write some about my experiences here in the next few days.

Craig

Craig Braddick
    • Total Posts 373

Where I go thru-They would charge 25cents per wager–This is legal theft-This morning prior to Wolverhampton I got on line with the Gents there-I said I am going to leave I have a great offer–I didn’t–But I told them I did-They said what can we do to keep you as a customer–I said drop the 25cent per wager fee—They got a Mng on the tele & he obliged my request.

I appreciate all your help—If any wanna help me learn the UK game Plz I listen so much more than I speak—

Many many thanks—–WoW Craig I think I stumbled on your site before—Wow—-Thanks

Bud:

DOnt know where you are in the USA but you are welcome to stop by and watch a race from the Booth should you ever be in my neck of the woods.

Craig

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

Stick around and contribute to the various parts of the forum and you’ll pick up a heck of a lot – may even get yourself an advantage over the various US firms you bet with, do they have their own "pool" so to speak or use the SP to determine the dividend?

I am sorry to show my ignorance. I am not sure what you mean by (SP)

But I do believe that the monies do not comingle—–It would be a travesty if you were to hit for 200 pounds and you recieved 200 dollars. Now I would love for it to work that way with me–I will take your currency in a heartbeat

But I am treading on an issue I do not understand-Or better yet do not know.. I can not imagine its all that complicated. ?

Yes I will stick around–& I promise to ask just a few questions per week so I do not ruin my welcome.
    Thank You.

BUD
    • Total Posts 98

I just want to say I watched Brighton closely. What a beautiful track, scenary & people.I have a hard time reading the form that I get. & when I hear points there is no comprehension on my part—But what I do know I find I have to try 20 times harder then back at familiar stateside-I followed the next which was Hurdles–I just read the pedigree trainer & jock—

Now later today the Meet in Worcester I plan to jump in ((some))) follow with Timeform—-And when there is a winner Read til I understand why the horse is the winner—

I love The coverage I get from ATR–Now I notice some of the other Meets are not carried–Is there another Horse Racing Channel that covers those?
    Well Good luck with your day Fellow Punters may we all hit big & enjoy ourselves and our families.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.