The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friday – Saturday racing in the UK and dual code cards

Home Forums Horse Racing Friday – Saturday racing in the UK and dual code cards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2732

Why we have so many Friday undercards in England when there appear to be more benefits of having the two day meetings over the weekend ?
    Friday racing often cuts the ground up, which can be a problem in the winter.
    Courses would surely be better attended on a Sunday than a Friday, and Sunday racing in England is generally poor in quality.

Also, why are there so few days with flat and NH racing on the same card ? Surely Kempton, Lingfield and Southwell have the facilities – and if not why not ?
    I think a split card would increase the quality and interest – many of these all weather cards or low grade midweek jumps meetings are just bookie fodder. Cut the crap, increase the quality.

Racing For Change – what happened there then ?

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

The reality is, whilst I may from time to time make my own flippant comments about "bookie fodder" racing, it is here to stay.

As for mixed cards. are jockeys racing’s equiviliant of turkeys voting for Christmas? 3, maximum 4 rides or 6, maybe 7, maximum 8 rides – it’s not hard, is it?

kentdougalkentdougal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 277

I hate mixed cards – Kempton All weather and jumping Southwell All weather and jumping and Lingfield the same can’t imagine anything worse

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.