The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friday 6th

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

Profit now 27pts

Friday 6th

York<br>2.20 Krugerrand

Im playing golf today……Hope the rain holds off

<br>

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

Just easing myself back into the jumps season routine (:( )

2:10C 1pt Bay Swift

The favourite is probably the best horse in the race but whether it is the one that mosts wants to win is a different matter. Bay Swift looked the most likely winner imo before falling last time and while there is a slight concern it may not complete again inexperienced horses are prone to mistakes but are also likely improvers and I think it could give the favourite something to think about with a clear round.

4:55C 1pt ew Dead Mans Dante (just 1pt win if a non-runner)

Tends to run poorly when coming back form a layoff which is a major concern, but northern based trainer is in good form and DMD is capable of a big run if tuned up for return. I think its worth an interest at the price though i doubt 8 will make it to post (ooops my cynical side is expressing itself :naughty:)

btw Cleandries I think my profit to advised prices is about 15pts though it is embarrassingly much better for jumps than it is the flat)

cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

Flat season lover…….Your in profit & thats nothing to be ashamed of…..There is a girl on another forum who has a saying = Any fool can criticize, condemn & complain….& most fools do….

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Aegis in the nursery at Lingers.

Very eye catching third run at Chepstow to get the hcap mark.<br>Made it’s nursery debut at Goodwood last week and despite never seemingly travelling well and being last coming into the straight stayed on strongly to finish a close second.<br>Looks a bit quirky and in time will probably need a longer trip but with first time blinkers on he should go close if acting on the surface.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

York is one of my lucky racecourses so I hope that I can get back to winning again today –

2:20Y – Speedy Sam likes soft ground and his style of running should suit York & I’ve backed him e/way at 12/1.<br>3:25Y – Queens Best looks to have an excellent chance & I’ve backed her e/way at 3/1.

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Cleandries  —  My selection in the 2:20 was a non runner so I cheered for your’s – you were unlucky not to get some place money as Krugerrand came 5th:(

<br>  

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2067

How did I guess there’d be a non-runner :lol:

<br>2pts loss. Not good. :angry:

cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

lol….Yes 5th….I had the Mrs holding the phone up to the telly so i could hear the final stages of the race…..Luckily i was playing golf with fellow nutters for punting & they didn’t mind me not putting out for a few moments…..Needless to say when i knew it wasn’t placed i missed a 3 footer which normally i would rattle into the back of the cup…..lol

I can’t find a bet for Saturday & im relying on you boys to put me in the picture…..Good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.