The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friday 29th december

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Friday 29th december

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    FormathFormath
    • Total Posts 1451

Newbury 3.10 Dec 29<br>A 4 runner race that shows how ratings vary in their opinion (indicating it’s best to stick with those you trust), where it will be interesting to see the result. Due to the fact that my ratings are derived from 8 critical factors and not form alone I have been able to price all four, whereas RPR and Massey have not:

In Accord Evens. 2nd, ridden to lead, pecked last, not quicken. Ought to make presence felt. (RPR 6/5, AM 15/8)<br>Moncadou 5/2. Won, challenging, stumbled, led held on well. G? D? Could go well. (RPR 0,AM 0).<br>Wee Robbie 6/1. 3rd, kept on for 3rd, no danger. Could go better in this class. (RPR 10/1, AM 400/1)<br>Pretty Star 13/1. 3rd, hampered, soon ridden, kept on. Has bit to find. (RPR 6/5, AM 8/15)

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Hi Formath

Do you know how many organisations produce  for publication daily tissue prices for each race. Is there just one alternative to the RP or are there several? Are the alternatives to the RP availlable online? Excuse my ignorance!

FormathFormath
    • Total Posts 1451

Zilzal,<br>As far as I am aware there is only one official ’tissue’ for use by bookmakers on course as a starting point for the market.<br>Most of the press sports pages provide at least a partial betting forecast for each race, as you will be aware. The problem is not knowing what factors have been used in the compilation, and that’s why they vary so much. The factor in favour of the RP betting forecast is that it provides odds for every runner in a race.<br>In my case I use mainly form plus a couple of other factors and I may not always be right but at least I know how they are derived.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.