The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Friday 16-Jun

Home Forums General Sports Friday 16-Jun

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Argentina vs Serbia & Montenegro <br>Current Odds<br>Argentina 1.58<br>Draw       3.90<br>Serbia      8.60<br>Opener looks like a shoo-in for the Argies based on the odds but the Serbs only conceded one goal in qualifying and weren’t exactly hammered by the Dutch in the first game. Throw into the mix the fact that the Serbs can’t afford to lose this cos if they do and Holland win later, then they are going home.<br>Conclusion<br>No bet but if you must, I’d lay Argentina and back them in-running for a free bet.

Holland vs Ivory Coast<br>Current Odds<br>Holland        2.04<br>Draw           3.40<br>Ivory Coast  4.50<br>Ivory Coast scored late against Argentina which possibly flattered them a little and all the African sides generally look sub-standard in the final third of the pitch. Holland on the other hand are probably one of the 4 best sides so far (ARG, ITA, & SPA the others) and look like semi-final material so at just under evs they look worth a bet<br>Conclusion<br>Holland to win at 2.04

Mexico vs Angola<br>Current Odds<br>Mexico     1.48<br>Draw        4.30<br>Angola     10.50<br>The worst group in the tournament and the 1×2 markets hold no appeal until the final stage and even then probably not much interest. Angola did well enough against former colonial masters but Mexico should be far too strong for them today<br>Conclusion<br>Don’t even watch this game. Go to the pub or spend the time studying for Royal Ascot.

Interested Academic
    • Total Posts 37

Nice analysis there David and I would agree (I think Holland looked better than they actually were, but are still up there), but after Sweden gave me and most people a fright I’m going to duck out completely and do my stupid 3 draws again at 54/1 :biggrin:

A fun bet which I shall enjoy after Marcus Allback’s hideous attempts at strikering! ;)

gl all

Matt

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Glad to see I was spot-on with the 1st match anyway. :banghead:<br>

Interested Academic
    • Total Posts 37

I won very small! Asked for big odds the 3 draws, not matched, bailed after 5 mins, went ht/ft the argies, bish bash bosh. Let’s go 3-3 Holland/IC :biggrin:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.