The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Forumite of the Year 2008 (the big one)

Home Forums Archive Topics Forumite of the Year 2008 (the big one)

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1904

You don’t know what a word means, look it up dumbass. Ain’t that difficult, unless yous the kind of red neck needs operating instructions to open a book.

Jus like them as have never sat on an oss should keep their gazoos shut ‘about racing, them’s that never opened a dictionary didn’t ought to try to writ stuff down.

And in any case, extricably is an appalling word and should be struck from the language forthwith. Extricable I can tolerate, extrication if you most, but extricably belongs in a leaf-covered pit somewhere in the rainforest.

Onthesteal, keep up the good work. I haven’t the faintest idea what you’re blethering on about, but the scullery maid and the gardener are avid readers and they assure me you’re using a form of English.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

:mrgreen:

Andrew, if you were to extricate yourself from the various cricket threads more often, I’m sure you’d have more than three votes in this inevitably inflammatory poll.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I have yet to read anything from our so called highbrow members on here that suggests anything approaching a modicum of true enlightenment or indeed earth shattering profundity, in spite of their verbiage. :wink:

Allowances should be made for those of us not tutored in latin or blessed with the finer grammatical points and correct usage of syntax. Afterall guv, it is the message that is (or is trying to be) conveyed that is important. :wink:

Bill Shankly was often interviewed by BBC during the 70s. I remember one interviewer asking him what he disliked.

"Pomposity son, pomposity ! … I mean, for example, why do certain people use the word avarice when plain old greed would do the job just as well. No need for it " :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 1904

Balderdash, Himself and cobblers to the late Mr Shankly.

The English language is an enormous funfair full of gaudy and shiny words and I will use as many as I like.

Avarice has a Biblical feel with a hint of hiss about it. Greed is a word quivering with evil. Sometimes one feels right, sometimes the other.

Everyone should try using new words once in a while, without being worried about, like, proper grammer n stuff, because it makes what you write more interesting.

And that is very naughty of you Friggo. I am astonished and flattered to find that I have received any votes at all, given that I hardly ever post about racing on this racing forum.

Pro Handicapper
    • Total Posts 17

Unfortunately not recognised amongst the nominees, my vote would go to Friggo. Whilst some of his claims can be outlandish to say the least, he’s consistently good value.

Gaz’s Way De Solzen wins the competition for best-named poster.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Onthesteal, keep up the good work. I haven’t the faintest idea what you’re blethering on about, but the scullery maid and the gardener are avid readers and they assure me you’re using a form of English.

Christ! Thats justs vile. With time to reflect, I’m surprised you haven’t deleted that.

It’s just as well you haven’t a faintest idea what i’m ‘blethering’ on about either, as it wasn’t for your eyes or ears. You DO express an interest though, which means you could soon be slipping down to my level :wink:

We’re not all gardeners and maids in east London yer no guv! Some of us are actually crooks who manage to corrupt the the classy well spoken inbred racing folk.

I wouldn’t be too surprised in recieving a few votes, Tarquin. I can assure you it’s purely on the strength of your avatar, which is snazzy…..

• Total Posts 1904

Bless you Onthesteal.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Bless you Onthesteal, you are delightfully dim.

Welcome to my humble abode!

Cuppa? :lol:

• Total Posts 1904

Providing it’s Earl Grey, certainly. Any cucumber sandwiches?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Bless you Onthesteal…….

Where did the rest go? :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must learn to keep your composure Andrew.

8)

• Total Posts 1904

Not at all, old chap. Once it became clear that your sense of humour had returned, it was only civil for me to amend my earlier post.

After all, one may mix with the common man but one should never allow it to taint one’s manners.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

After all, one may mix with the common man but one should never allow it to taint one’s manners.

Repetition of "one"

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

“Correct challenge, Irish Stamp. Repetition of one. Sorry, Andrew! He’s jolly good at this game, isn’t he!

So, Irish, you get the bonus point, and you have 23 seconds left on the clock to tell us something about ‘TRF dust-ups, contretemps and paggas’, starting… now!”

etc.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

• Total Posts 2440

Jeremy gets my vote.

Always writes in depth about racing, and shows real enthusiasm for watching racing, recording previews, and especially his evident love for point-to-pointing.

A really nice guy too.

Well done to all that have been nominated for voting, and good luck!!!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

There are often a number of TRF dust ups including such events as on the breeding of a particular Derby contender Rip Van Winkle which is currently taking place in the big race discussions forum…

• Total Posts 1904

(Buzz) Hesitation.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Not at all, old chap. Once it became clear that your sense of humour had returned, it was only civil for me to amend my earlier post.

Naaa…It’s called an ‘epic loss’, but chin up old boy :lol:

:wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.