The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Forumite of the Year 2008 (the big one)

Home Forums Archive Topics Forumite of the Year 2008 (the big one)

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Sorry to everyone else but it has to be fists. If anyone takes themselves too seriously then Fists will surely drive them spastic, and his arguments will one day be the stuff of legend. Plus if he wins this he will be unstoppable.

:lol:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I remember you! You’re the guy who asked me if I did the right thing and stuck my friends into the racing authorities…. I hate people like you. You remind me of those little 4 eyed twats….

Not quite true though is it?

What you wrote was: “I have on several occasions known jockeys who stopped horse and had bookies lay them for them……I am talking about being right there with them when it happened but it is far and few between. As a very famous jockey trainer once told me “It’s not stopping a horse it’s having one that’s good enough to stop”

Not once did you mention any of your friends were involved. I only asked you if you had reported any of this bent activity, to which you replied by called me a “fookin idiot” and a “silly mother-fu**er”.

I am amazed to see your name up for nomination.

Fist,

What you now say happened does not fit in with this quote. If this quote is accurate you have to tell the authorities. Otherwise you are just as guilty as the perpetrators. You said you were there with them when it happened. You said “on several occasions”, what happened on the other occasions? You have a direct quote from a trainer.

Now tell us the truth, is this a made up story?

Because if it is not Fist, you have a duty to tell the authorities. And unfortunately I’d say anyone who knows you has a duty to report you to the authorities as someone who knows what happened.

Mark

Geez I’m shaking in my boots…..did I mention it was in 1949 :P

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Geez I’m shaking in my boots…..did I mention it was in 1949 :P

You are shaking Fist. I am just glad it was 1949, otherwise I might have been done over by your mates. I would’ve been a QUAKING GRASS. Are your pals in to martial arts too? :lol:

To be honest Fist I do not believe any of this. :roll:
    [b:h4juba0w]EDIT As I now know this happened many moons ago, when it was a lot easier for people to get away with this type of thing, I am now willing to believe it.[/b:h4juba0w]

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Fist – true to form – even stamps his indelible mark on the very thread designed to recognise his skills as an agitator of the highest order.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Will be a poor reflection on TRF if a ¨protest vote¨ for FOF wins this imo.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Indeed. If this comes across as sour grapes I don’t care because it isn’t but Fist of Fury’s position at the head of this poll is a clear indicator to what I’d consider the tabloidisation of this place over the last twelve to eighteen months. And very much to it’s detriment

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

61 votes at the time of writing this, Marble, making it jointly the most voted-on poll at present (cf the least voted-on, the Journalist category, with 25 votes).

Moreover, whilst last year’s poll attracted 68 votes by the end, it did so having been opened 11 days earlier.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Special mention to Rory (How he isn’t on the list I will never know) The guy is a laugh a minute if you read his posts carefully. Rory has forgotten more about past races than I could ever get into my head,,,,,,Often short and straight to the point but talks a lot of sense.

Now, why the hell did I vote for the ex-pony-tailed anorak who is Graysons Column? On a serious note, I’ve wanted to see the back of various posters over the years only to realise that their absence left a vacuum and I’d now hate to see the disappearance of several of our more controversial posters, despite some of the guff they come out with. ;)

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

IMO there are people whose names arent on the list whose contributions to the forum would definitely be missed if they werent on here.

When I first looked at this awards thread I thought it just a bit of a not too serious TRF community event, but people clearly think much more into it than that.

There are so many names of great contributors to the forum on that list that I wouldnt like to start categorizing people, many of whom bring different elements to the forum. DavidJohnson, I feel, brings a lot of common sense to the forum through his informed and well reasoned posts on almost any topic but then I’m surpirsed from the breeding viewpoint that Sal was not in the list, or Carvs from a betting point of view etc. etc.

I dont feel that the forum has went downhill in any way, and I think that the forum is an open, enjoyable, and informed (much more so than most other racing forums) place for horse racing enthusiasts to visit. To be like that there has to be a balance between serious horse racing related topics, big race discussions, betting and general fun. I voted for fists because he like a mascot for the light hearted side of TRF, he always speaks his mind (too loud some might say), but he takes a lot of stick and always has some sort of reply, and makes for some fun reading between himself and others.

I think that the fact that Fists and Graysons (an invaluable member of the forum, and an authority on point to points, music and any other topic you can throw at him, and a genuinely good bloke) are currently tied for the lead, with many others recieving votes (grassy whose dry wit, and staunch anti-flat season ideologies turns up anywhere and everywhere, has recieved plenty of votes too), in this election reflects an enjoyable and light hearted atmosphere on the forum.

I dont think anyone is really going to lose sleep over this are they (or are they, I dont know)?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Fists position in the voting is on a par with John Sargent’s performance in Strictly Come Dancing. :wink:

Colin

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Bulwark – one of the vagaries of the forum is that people can take the hump over the most innocuous of comments/threads/topics.

However, hopefully no one is taking the TRF Awards too seriously as they are meant to be just a bit of a light-hearted end-of-year diversion.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Indeed. If this comes across as sour grapes I don’t care because it isn’t but Fist of Fury’s position at the head of this poll is a clear indicator to what I’d consider the tabloidisation of this place over the last twelve to eighteen months. And very much to it’s detriment

Quite right to voice your opinion if that’s what you think David and I have no hard feelings about it whatsoever.

Of course I understand exactly what you are saying but fortunately the voting public haven’t got a clue what you are blabbering on about. :wink:

Now back to the election: I promise to reduce your taxes, build hopitals with free hash based medicines, put your dole money up by 4p a week and arrange a safe house in Thailand for those who want to run off and leave the wife and kids in the lurch :lol:

Incidentally I would like to say "I did not have sex with that woman" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Of course I understand exactly what you are saying but fortunately the voting public haven’t got a clue what you are blabbering on about. :wink:

Very good Fists. I’ve always said the problem with democracy is it gives everyone a say. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Re: Fists (the anti- hero ?) for president. :wink:

It’s the John Sergeant syndrome – the people rise in support of the man the establishment deride and detest; yes, just for the sheer hell of it. :lol:

Puts a few uptight noses out of joint. Not a bad thing either. To his detractors I say – stop taking this meaningless poll ( and yourselves) too seriously.

Arise Sir Fists. :P

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

dont feel that the forum has went downhill in any way

The standard of english is on the slide though … :roll:

Im voting for Firefox

• Total Posts 2390

Fisty – A complete nutter but I voted for him as, I think his posts are (when he’s still taking the pills) as informative and most defiantly as entertaining as any others on here. To suggest he’s not a worthy candidate because of his style seems a bit odd to me.

Viva el Fisty :D

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

If Fists wins then his prize will be an opportunity to recount every single one of his racing stories in a locked (padded) room…to everyone that voted for him

8)

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.