The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Flat "interference" question

Home Forums Horse Racing Flat "interference" question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

I saw a very strange incident on ATR this aft. I admit I do not pay flat racing much attention and only saw it when they did an action replay on it. Don’t know what race or where but it was a foreign course.

A jockey was unseated when they left the gates and spent several strides leaning on the rump of the horse next to him before dropping off. The horse with the "supporting role" seemed to run fairly well after losing his/her extra load, but did not feature at the finish. I assume flat addicts will know which race and horse I am referring to.

My question is:- Obviously having someone leaning on your horse’s bum would unbalance and slow him down (if not totally freak him out!) If this horse had lost by a short distance could he have claimed interference? If he was well fancied to win could the falling jockey have been penalised for interference?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I believe there are certain situations in life that try as you might they are not covered by the rules.Moses dropped the tablets coming down from the mountain.Was he penalised?Was he hauled before the stewards?Was he forced to spend extra time in the desert?Like I said we will forever be without an explanation for the consequences of some mens errors.I hope my contribution here does not offend big Mum or Dad in the sky.

BlackSamBellamy
    • Total Posts 53

Haha andy that example is so irrelevant it’s funny. And I don’t mean that in a cheeky way.

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

Very funny, and point taken Andy. :)

Did you see the incident? That was quite funny too (leaving aside the safety/interference aspect)

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Must confess i did not see it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.