The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fate Of Mighty Man

Home Forums Archive Topics Fate Of Mighty Man

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BeeforSalmon
    • Total Posts 2

Does anone know the news on Mighty man today, looked in a great deal of pain. Had to go before the updates, can someone please but my mind at rest?

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

There is an article on the Racing Post website about it. "he has a rupture or has done alot of damage to a superficial flexor tendon. It’s an injury that is not life threatening but one that will take a very long time to heal" Henry Daly.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

Personaly I don’t mind if he never races again, it’s sad, but I’d just be happy for him to recover and have a happy retirement.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

It’s sad; just as many, myself included, were only starting to see him as top class.

I take it next year’s WH is out of the question?

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

From my experience of this injury, he is looking at never seeing a racecourse again……..most horses never fully recover from this kind of injury…..and if they do, it will be at least 18 months to 2 years…..and there is a higher risk that the leg would go again…

racinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

From SPorting Life… Same story is on the Racing Post site:<br>Connections of leading staying hurdler Mighty Man have revealed that the seven-year-old has almost certainly run his last race.

Trained by Henry Daly, Mighty Man ruptured a superficial flexor tendon when leading in the Champion Stayers’ Hurdle at the Punchestown Festival.

He was attempting to follow up a stunning performance at Liverpool where he slammed Black Jack Ketchum and reigning Ladbrokes World Hurdle champion Inglis Drever.

It was the third season running he had scored at the Grand National meeting.

"People have been so kind, and we want to thank everyone who has asked about Mighty Man’s wellbeing," said Nicky Hanbury, wife of owner Joss Hanbury.

"He is having stem cell surgery, but the likelihood of him making a recovery that is sufficient for him to reappear on the racecourse is highly unlikely," she told the Racing Post.

"He is back here with Joss and myself and he’s being given the four-star treatment he deserves. If nothing else, he is sure to get a happy retirement in Leicestershire<br>

Its nice to see owners with sense for a change…..

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

Sad to have seen the last of him, but at least he’ll have a happy retirement.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.