The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Far From Trouble

Home Forums Horse Racing Far From Trouble

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Reported on TH website (where dead horses come first) that Far From Trouble has had to be put down. Haven’t had that confirmed elsewhere but desperate news if true.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Nothing was said that it was a life threatening injury, very sad if true.

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Nothing has been said about Far FromTrouble, McManus lost a good one last night in the first race, G’Day Mate, he broke its leg pulling up after winning…..But the biggest shock would be Celestial Wave of Adrian Maguires having to be put down….

Report from RP:<br>ADRIAN MAGUIRE’S smart staying hurdler Celestial Wave has had to be put down shortly after retiring to the paddocks.

The seven-year-old mare, winner of seven of her 10 starts and placed in the other three, was due to be covered next weekend but veterinary examination revealed her plight.

"She was examined on Tuesday morning by the vet and he found there was a rupture inside her and nothing could be done so she had to be put down," said Maguire.  

The County Cork-based handler paid tribute to the mare who had given him a flying start to his fledgling training career.

"She was a superstar. We all thought she was going to enjoy the rest of her days at stud. It’s very unfortunate what has happened," he added.

Celestial Wave had been fancied for the Ladbrokes World Hurdle atCheltenham after completing a hat-trick in Graded company but was found to be cast in her box the week before the Festival.  

But I will keep my ear out

PurwellPurwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 654

Also "Sparky" the last pit pony.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Now, HE was a serious tool!:cool:

Colin

slipperytoadslipperytoad
    • Total Posts 419

Far From Trouble RIP..<br>http://217.204.41.132/cgi/NGoto/2/198134240?5251e<br>The news pales my Grand National ante post bet into insignificance.

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

I am afraid to say it is true, it seems the infection he had in his leg was worse than they thought, leg infections can be cruel, I lost my hunter due to a infection in his hind leg about 15 yrs ago!!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Very sad news. It’s always a massive shame when a horse dies before showing the world what it was capable of. The infection must also have been quite nasty, poor thing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.