The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fame Academdy 8th Eviction

Home Forums General Sports Fame Academdy 8th Eviction

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

Yes, I know this is sad, but until the horse racing season starts in October :biggrin:

William Hill’s book on the eighth eviction is:

James Fox 1.80    <br>Alistair Griffin 3.40    <br>Paris Campbell – Edwards 6.00    <br>Carolynne Good 9.00    <br>Peter Brame 13.00    <br>Alex Parks 51.00

This has to be the bet of the year for me.  The way the evictions work is:

A public vote is conducted Saturday night. The bottom three in the pole are up for expulsion.

One of the three is "saved" through a vote of the teachers.

One of the three is "saved" through a vote of the surviving pupils.

The other one is out.

On past form, the three nominess will be:

Paris<br>Peter<br>James

Peter will be saved by the teachers.<br>James will be saved by the students.

Paris will be evicted. The 5/1 is an absolute steal.

My Tissue:

Paris             6/4<br>James           2/1<br>Peter            5/1 <br>Alastair         20/1<br>Carolynne     20/1<br>Alex              100/1

(Edited by RichK at 2:16 pm on Sep. 12, 2003)

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

:biggrin:

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Great post Rich – shame I missed it.

There’s a right hullaballoo over on betfair.  Betting on the event continued right up until the announcement ‘live’ on BBC at 11ish. The problem was the ‘live’ programme had actually been pre-recorded and many seemed to have taken advantage of knowing the outcome!

How do you feel about Peter?  I’ve been against him from the start, both outright and in the top bloke market. Happy with the former, but the latter still worries me. I’m hoping the girl voters flock to Alistair…

RichK
    Participant
    • Total Posts 201

Peter isn’t popular with the voting public definitely. I don’t think he’ll be top bloke, and he won’t win.

This week’s betting on the eviction is not as interesting as last week…

James Fox 4/9    <br>Carolynne Good 3/1    <br>Alistair Griffin 5/1    <br>Peter Brame 10/1    <br>Alex Parks 50/1  

A more accurate market this week. But the eyecatcher is Peter at 10/1. A possible scenario is a bottom three of Alex (it is possible), Peter and another. In this case, Alex would be instantly saved by the teachers, and Peter could well lose the student vote.

It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it is certainly possible, and 10/1 is good value about it happening, so I’ve had a small investment on that this week.<br>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.