The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Falmouth 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Falmouth 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

Any thoughts on this one? Terebellum’s run in the Queen Anne looks almost bomb proof to take this? My only slight doubt is whether she has enough speed over a mile on GF?

Nazeef looks the only threat but is she that good or just a decent consistent mare?

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

Possibly the biggest issue/worry is they will be split Frenchy + you would lose an antepost docket!

Given they are both g2 winning fillies it does seem the logical step though.

Terebellum for me would have her covered as you say, virtually bomb proof.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

I agree with the comments about the fav, but that three places is enough for me to side with Agincourt.

Great run in The Duke Of Cambridge, and though just held by Nazeef, she still appeals.

I prefer her run on The Rowley Mile to her run on the July Course, but I’ll have a rare interest in this race for once.

Agincourt 10’s EW 3 Places

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1792

I see one master has the services of pierre Charles Boudot

Terrebellem is the likeliest winner but at the prices I will play One Master at 9/2

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

Where’s the pace going to come from? They are all hold up horses. I’d be all over the favourite but I’ll leave it as it may become slow and tactical.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 983

Terebellum will do her own running here, she’s surely a banker

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

If she does then probably.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

Magic Wand has been ridden from the front/prominent in quite a few of her races.

The ground is the for a few of these and i will probably sit it out or wait until the day to see what it’s like.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 103

I thought this was a lot more trappy than the betting made out but that’s mainly because I think Terebellum might have been slightly flattered by how the Queen Anne panned out, you definitely wanted to be up with the pace the front 3 didn’t come back to the field. Even then she’s not got masses in hand on a few of these on official ratings and she’s up against a couple of Group 1 winning mares who are more than capable on their day. I also suspect Nazeef might be one of these who is as good as Terebellum is officially rated but seems to just do enough to win her races at the moment. All in all with only the two places and seven runners where you could make a case for six of them I’ll pass but if I was playing Billesdon Brook always seems to find one big performance each season and 16/1 is perhaps a bit of an insult to her chances, Terebellum would be lay material for me if she touched odds on.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1792

Magic wand a non runner

Can see this getting tactical which surely brings One Masters natural speed in to play

Nice bit of rain too so she will get the cut in the ground she needs

hein bollowhein bollow
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 992

Only concern about PC Boudot:
    So far he has only been brilliant on home soil, but doesn’t mean he can’t win here :unsure:

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

This looks as tough as it did the other day for Agincourt, but even with the drift, I’ll top up again no doubt, once she hits 20’s.

Agincourt 10’s EW 3 Places
    Agincourt 18’s

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.