The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Fairyhouse hurdles

Home Forums Horse Racing Fairyhouse hurdles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5676

I had a quick glance at Fairyhouse on ATR yesterday. I noticed they seemed to be using brush hurdles as per Southwell, Haydock and worcester. anybody know when they were first used at Fairyhouse? Is it an experiment or a long term measure?

Rob

Michael Walsh
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1062

It’s an experiment. They were first used for one race at Limerick in November. Not exactly the same as the Southwell ones, they are called Easyfix hurdles and are shaped more like a traditional hurdle than a mini-fence.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

The Haydock ones are different too – they’re more like miniature fences than regular hurdles or the ones at Fairyhouse.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I was at the Fairyhouse meeting.

It was possibly the worst National Hunt card in history (Graysons would have loved it), but the fact that the bar was rammed with top-class poon on a hen-party more than made up for it.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

It was possibly the worst National Hunt card in history (Graysons would have loved it),

Thanks, Grasshopper – I think!

I trust you’ve seen the thread on AW field sizes by now, sir? A penalty kick for you, surely…. :mrgreen:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I was at the Fairyhouse meeting.

It was possibly the worst National Hunt card in history (Graysons would have loved it), but the fact that the bar was rammed with top-class poon on a hen-party more than made up for it.

Damn, wish I’d gone now- but decent totty at Fairyhouse in February is usually 100/1 (bigger on Betfair)

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Kwai sounds like Ed Byrne though I think he is in his sixties

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5676

I can’t comment on the quality of hurdles used in Irish racing. However, standing near to the last hurdle at Perth and Musselburgh, there seem to be very few races in which at least one flight doesn’t get damaged and have to be replaced.

In one Perth contest last season the stake of the last hurdle broke off in the ground on the first circuit and, after a couple of minutes frantic activity, the signs went up to route the horses past the hurdle on the final circuit.

Rob

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Yuck hen parties, pass me the CS spray, they are feral in badly fitting womens clothing. :evil:

`i prefer the french ones, at least the horses have too jump the buggers rather than knacker their legs nock their legs everytime they "jump".

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.