The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Favourite Snacks

Home Forums Lounge Favourite Snacks

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well I for one cannot wait to read your memoirs when you turn 50 GC :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Well I for one cannot wait to read your memoirs when you turn 50 GC :lol:

The memoirs of a 50 year-old unable to recall anything other than stuff like the colour of Zoom Lollies and the theme tune to Terrahawks?

Are you quite mad, woman? :lol:

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Clinically insane GC :shock: – and I have a piece of paper that says so…. (it actually says ‘permit to live in Singapore’ but they don’t fool me! :lol: )

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Anyone remember ‘skydivers’ Ok they’re crisps too (made by KP?) but they were my fav. Beef flavour.mmmmmmmmm

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

The finest crisps KP ever produced were ‘WigWams’…………little triangle-shaped dealies, in a nondescript ‘spicy’ flavour, as I recall.

They, along with "Rock’n’Rollers" and the family of "Bones", "Fangs" and "Claws" are sorely missed in today’s snack market. "Forty Niners" were ok, but you only ever got about seven in a packet – their inovative wheel-and-spoke configuration not nearly making up for the shocking lack of quantity.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Super Crunchies

Get your 10p piece
    Get your BMX a bike
    Take the corner to your local shop
    And tell the man you like –
    Super crunchies, ???????????????
    Super crunchies, ???????????????
    Super crunchies, they only cost 10p
    So a bag of super crunchies is the one for me!

Fortunately I don’t remember the tune or I don’t think I’d ever get it out of my head :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Anyone remember ‘skydivers’ Ok they’re crisps too (made by KP?) but they were my fav. Beef flavour.mmmmmmmmm

Crikey, I’d forgotten about those completely! I favoured the salt ‘n’ vinegar variety.

Anyone remember Piglets? Baked piglet shaped crisps (quel surprise) available in a revolting bacon ‘n’ bean flavour, and foisted – exclusively, it seems – upon junior school children with challenged palates in Oldham alongside the similarly icky Potato Puffs and Toffy (sic) Pops for yonks. Small wonder I took a packed lunch.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I love those Toffee Poppets! I shall stuff myself with those when get back! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Oh yeah, Toffee Popppets are luvverly. Toffy Pops, however, were sick and wrong – soggy shortcake biscuit with some very dubious, chemical-tasting toffee and chocolate layer thereupon. I’m feeling a tad nauseous simply recalling them to mind.

gc

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I don’t remember those GC :?

I am now having a nice cuppa with some Cadbury Milk Buttons – we only get these here at Christmas time (for some strange reason) so I am making myself sick eating packets of them :lol:

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Highland Toffee bars, when I was going to primary school, would nearly pull your lower teeth out, but at least they lasted, as the amount of pocket money me & my pals had, would be just about enough to gather together the price of a packet of 10 Richmond, and a highland Toffee bar each.

Why Richmond, because them and Gold bond were the cheapest, but at least the Richmond lasted longer, two pulls from a Gold Bond and it is time to stub it out.

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

As old as the hills and still going strong. They’re great. :)

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/jesmona-bla … p-483.html

I remember the day sweets came off the ration. I bought 2ozs of Sherbet Lemons. Still love em.

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

As old as the hills and still going strong. They’re great. :)

http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/jesmona-bla … p-483.html

I remember the day sweets came off the ration. I bought 2ozs of Lemon Sherbets..Still love em.

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

Sod it!…I’m new…you’ll have to excuse the double post. :)

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Welcome Cosmo. I have enjoyed reading these posts , including your last one twice :D Sherbert lemons are one of my favs, they will never go out of ‘fashion.’ That website is brilliant!! Have ordered all sorts of stuff :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I love sherbert lemons! Not that I remember rationing or anything (well only when Ma said ‘noooooooo more’) :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5686

Stroodles were different as they were small dried apple pieces covered in chocolate and they came in an apple shaped pack made by Cadbury’s.

So now we know JTS was brought up on stroodles
    and why he was different
    They called him the dried apple kid

flatcapgamble.. they came in an apple shaped pack :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.