The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2011

Viewing 5 posts - 103 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1046

it was a classic not a doss around of a trial, the dante has nothing to do with it

she’s a far better 12f horse than izzi top, and shouldn’t be pinched for doing it superbly from the front..more to come imo

Participant
    • Total Posts 32980

It was an extremely slow pace, taking in to account these were Group 1 animals; can’t remember another classic run as slow.

Look at all the races there and judge them against the Racing Post standard times.

1m 110y listed slow by 1.52 sec
    1m 110y handicap slow by 0.88
    1m4f Coronation Cup slow by 1.88
    1m2f handicap slow by 1.07

1m4f Oaks slow by 6.43

7f listed slow by 1.06
    7f handicap slow by 1.7

All the way winner grossly flattered, they dossed with a capital "D".

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1046

i honestly don’t care a jot about times, they are misleading and often irrelevant..it was the performance overall that matters, and she looked class to me :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Absolutely gutted about Wonder of Wonders. £4500 gutted. 2 out I was thinking ‘how far?’. Simon Rowlands tweeted very soon after that the final furlong was the one of the fastest sectionals he’s ever recorded. Nick Mordin was also full of praise for her after the Swettenham. Dancing Rain was the first Oaks or Derby runner Haggas has had since Shaamit so obviously he’s an excellent judge.

Everyone seems to think that Wonder of Wonders will reverse the form wherever they meet next time out but I’m not so sure about that. They both came miles clear of the others, and whether that’s simply down to the pace remains to be seen.

Great shout, BB, you’ve been tipping a lot of winners recently. Keep it up and I might start following you ;). Good to know you’re on Recital ;).

• Total Posts 121

Just like to put out a very special thank you to Mr.L.Detori for droping his hands on Blue Bunting I had laid my betfair account on her to be placed.
    Thanks Frankie :wink:

Viewing 5 posts - 103 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.