The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

My picks are Wonder Of Wonders (win) and Zain Al Boldan (e/w).

There’s just something about those two, WOW has the best breeding, IMHO, while ZAB looks like the sort of horse who’s underrated, coming from maybe not a totally top trainer.

Good luck, everyone!

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Participant
    • Total Posts 221

I hope to be hearing the sweet sirens sound at 16/1 for the fran the man berry!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

1st – Blue Bunting
    2nd -Wonder of Wonders
    3rd – Misty For Me
    4th – Dancing Rain
    5th – Siren’s Song
    6th – Havant
    7th – Khawlah
    8th – Look At Me
    9th – Izzi Top
    10th – Zain Al boldan
    11th – Charleston Lad
    12th – Beatrice Aurore

• Total Posts 1046

really like

class Q of course but think her attitude can see her placed at least and has a shrewd target trainer

25/1

you cannot teach it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Boom Dancing Rain!

Well done those that were on.

Shrewdies.

• Total Posts 1046

I knew the Swettenham was the key trial this year :wink:

:D

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

I was counting my cash coming around Tatts corner….devestated that she didn’t go by. I not sure why she didn’t go through with it but i guess Murtagh stole it.

Sick :oops: :oops:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I knew the Swettenham was the key trial this year :wink:

:D

Her true potential was shown in the Maiden :wink:

http://www.racing-review.com/?p=301

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Well done Johnny Murtagh, who gave Dancing Rain a Cauthen-esque ride. A sense of quiet satisfaction perhaps, given that he beat you-know-who’s filly.

I also thought that it was only a matter of time before Fallon and Wonder of Wonders picked up and passed Dancing Rain.

My initial thinking was that Fallon thought so too, but soon realised that Dancing Rain wasn’t for stopping.

Great ride from Murtagh. 8)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 32980

Brilliant ride by Murtagh.

But it was only made a brilliant ride by every other jockey riding shockers.

Fallon was a little better than the rest. However, got upsides, but the fact Dancing Rain was given a four or five length start earlier on; meant Wonder Of Wonders had to use too much energy to get there. Where as Dancing did not need to excert herself at all to get that lead, so had plenty left.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 2432

Possibly the worst ride I’ve ever seen Dettori give a racehorse in a Group One. He seemed to have no confidence in his mount’s stamina and his positioning was bizarre: Everyone knows the place to be off a slow pace is near the front. He kept drifting further and further back.

That said, Murtagh used his head and the filly is clearly improving fast.

nefertiti
    Participant
    • Total Posts 234

Please tell me I’m not alone in thinking the best filly won the race. Yes, Murtagh’s ride was judged perfectly, but she still wouldn’t have won if she hadn’t been good enough. I think this will be borne out in the rest of the season.

Dettori’s ride was a bit of a shocker, but I do not in any way think BB would have won. WOW I think will go to and win (barring Dancing Rain’s participation) the Irish Oaks, and then she would be a good candidate for the St. Leger – she seems to need a minimum of 12f and would possibly benefit from farther.

You’ve got to love Misty For Me. I think 10f will be her game, and she could still pick up another G1 or two if her exertions thus far haven’t taken too much out of her.

• Total Posts 1046

she was far and away the best horse, did everything easily, quickened, stayed, had plenty in the tank, superb winner 8)

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Impressed that Danehill Dancer has the motor to get an Oaks winner.Consolation to Coolmore.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Good thing Heffernan was not near him when Frankie took out Ryan Moore.This time he had nobody but himself to blame. Atrocious riding, bumping and barging by Frankie.Then he drops his hands.The critical sin.He lost third place and the punters suffer the pain.He sure can be petulant when he does not get his way.Everyone must move over to let Frankie pass.

• Total Posts 403

she was far and away the best horse, did everything easily, quickened, stayed, had plenty in the tank, superb winner 8)

Reminds me of Look Here. Meaning she’ll never win a Group 1 again.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32980

Big Bucks,

Would you say Pisco Sour’s true ability is just 4 lengths behind Carlton House and just 2 1/2 behind Seville? If so the three figure price would look amazing value tomorrow.

Kicking off a very slow pace usually grossly flatters a horse. Like it did with Dancing Rain and Pisco Sour (Dante). I’d estimate Dancing Rain’s true ability is alongside Izzi Top. Similar to Newbury. But I could be wrong.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.