The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Now I see that for the Derby William Hill now go 7/4 SNA and Paddypower 5/2.

Are the betting public that stupid it must be 5-1 that he might not turn up! :D

I’m confused what this is supposed to mean?

St Nic is getting a little short but he is the best of the bunch by far on 2yo form

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

What I am saying he has no 3 year old form or over the distance so the odds that he actually turns up for the Derby must be 5-1 then add your 7/4 etc.

Hope that helps… :D

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Since the same applies to must (if not all) of the entries it becomes a non factor

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

What I am saying he has no 3 year old form or over the distance so the odds that he actually turns up for the Derby must be 5-1 then add your 7/4 etc.

Hope that helps… :D

Hence the phrase ‘5/1 that he might not turn up’ is where the confusion came as now you’re saying it’s 5/1 for him TO turn up.

Thats a pretty big book ;-)

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

andyod

But all the other entries are more than 5-1! At 7-4 SNA odds say it’s June in Epsom and he’s already under orders!

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Fryern
    I guess he is more likely to win than to turn up!Go figure.The odds of turning up don’t apply to this horse.Wrapped in a blanket,shin guards,crash helmet, stone pickers,young Joe sleeping in the box, the kids eating the corn first before feeding it to SNA.The nuns praying every morning to holy Saint Nicklaus.Aidan swearing never to drink Alcohol and wear the pin for the rest of his life if he wins.etc etc etc.Johnny promising never again to tell (after a race)anyone what the lads were planning.Smitty, Michael and John promising the Sheik can have their Ascot Box next to the Queen.He will turn up.He will win. Even money on that.

• Total Posts 629

‘Jan Vermeer’ form from his G1 Criterium International franked in no uncertain terms at Longchamps today!

http://www.zeturf.com/en/resultats/1622 … ix-Machado

Those with big reps for the Aga ‘Dibir’ & ‘Behkabad’ been big disappointments…

With trials coming up – expect a few bubbles to burst – and some further shortening too!
    :wink:

• Total Posts 4293

Gosh, my baby Dibir has (had) a big reputation?

• Total Posts 629

Too soon to write off – but not great today for a colt who is held in high esteem by his trainer and team.

JC Rouget on – Dibir: "It is a very serious colt who will go nicely letters of the alphabet."

Guess the translation that was lost is…Group horse :?:

• Total Posts 174

Those with big reps for the Aga ‘Dibir’ & ‘Behkabad’ been big disappointments…

I was quite the Behkabad-afficionado, and Saturday’s loss definitely burns a bit. I know that afterwards connections excused him for needing the run, and the heavy ground, but still…

I think there are several Group trials for the Jockey-Club, Poulains and Pouliches at Longchamp next Sunday (Noailles, Force, Fontainebleau, Grotte), but not sure about who are entered.

• Total Posts 629

I’ve just noticed that another well thought of with hopes for group races was beat late last month.

It doesn’t look like the JC Rouget stable has made the same flying start as last year…

The Prix Noailles is on saturday ‘Laristan’ another Rouget/Aga runner will give further pointers to their wellbeing…

One who is firing is E Lellouche – his ‘Planteur’ (runs in the Noailles) gives form lines to ‘Jan Vermeer’ and ‘Behkabad’ through – ‘Arasin’ who only went down 3/4 to the latter…

• Total Posts 174

The Prix Noailles is on saturday ‘Laristan’ another Rouget/Aga runner will give further pointers to their wellbeing

Zenjah, I think Laristan (undefeated) in running in the Prix La Force and Brampour (defeated a few weeks ago) is running the Noailles. I’m not sure what the point of having both races on the same day is, since they are 10f and 10.5f…

• Total Posts 629

The Noailles
    Entries:

1 LARISTAN M.PS. 3 ans
    2 REWILDING GB M.PS. 3 ans
    3 TENACIOUS SPRING M.PS. 3 ans
    4 MEER ROYAL M.PS. 3 ans
    5 DARA TANGO M.PS. 3 ans
    6 PLANTEUR (IRE) M.PS. 3 ans
    7 IVORY LAND M.PS. 3 ANS
    8 NOVA MED IRE M.PS. 3 ans
    9 PARIS VEGAS USA M.PS. 3 ANS
    10 CASA BATTLO M.PS. 3 ans

‘Brampour’ another good example of not firing early like year – good spot!
    Not sure if he’s thought of top tier…have to check my notes…
    but the Gooners are on – love all things French! :lol:

• Total Posts 629

The Force is the Jockey club trial – the other is for stayers – I.e. ‘Wajir’ of last year…

Football calls :o

• Total Posts 174

Zenjah,
    Where did you find the entries? I looked on France Galop, but they didn’t seem to be up yet.

I didn’t think much of Brampour myself, but I had seen this on the end of an article about Rouget & Behkabad on Racing Post a few weeks ago:

The Aga Khan also has Brampour and Laristan in training with Rouget, and both are expected to make their presence felt in Group company.

The former was a little disappointing last time at Deauville while Laristan is now on a four-timer following a win at Marseille and two victories on the all-weather at the Normandy seaside track.

"Laristan has been marked down for the Prix La Force and we will see what he is made of in that race," said Rimaud, who added: "Brampour is scheduled to run in the Prix Noailles next time out."

• Total Posts 174

The Force is the Jockey club trial – the other is for stayers – I.e. ‘Wajir’ of last year…

Football calls

Seems strange that extra half-furlong will benefit stayers, when we are still talking about distances under 11f for 3yos.

gunners are on right now???

• Total Posts 629

Well – I expected all sorts of stick for supporting a team on the rack!

The Force is the early Derby trial – don’t know why…but it might have changed since the distance for the Jockey Club was cut back?

Maybe the French Guineas is going to have a bigger impact at Chantilly? i.e those who get beat at Longchamp will be better over further – same goes for the french 1000 and oaks – form turn around!

After ‘Behestham’ was beat there last year (and Hurricane Run) there were shouts to revert back to 1m 4f – Soumillon was one of the loudest voices!

I got the entry from France Gallop…no doubt you’ve found them now?
    Don’t see anything for the Force…

The one you mentioned isn’t quoted as being a big hope compared to the others…

Here’s what they said on ‘Behkabad’

Prize Winner, Behkabad was only 2 years to Rouget have shown at group level. "It was very wise with him later this year and should make his return in the Omnium II (April 1). Unless both the Prix La Force."

Think we’ll see him here – the Force?

(Jc won it a few times – normally his race for his derby horse!)

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.