The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Derby 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Derby 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 612 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

What the Hell is going on Betfair???

• Total Posts 1511

Its so volatile that the Liquidity had dried up completely.

Its simply impossible to read it. Cape Blanco and Jan Vermeer are strong now despite the other 2 defo running.

As i said Impossible to read

• Total Posts 1415

Fallon is too old and simply not good enough anymore for him to jock off other jockeys

I can’t agree with that Fallon still has it given the ammunition.

Personally whichever horse Murtagh doesn’t ride if I were the Ballydoyle team I’d be trying to get William Buick to ride. He is an outstanding young jockey and I wouldn’t be frightened to put him aboard at all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Makes you wonder if Midas Touch has either met with a slight setback or worked disappointingly. May be he’s now more likely to go to Chantilly and Cape Blanco to Epsom. Jan Vermeer now down to as low as 3/1 with some bookies, looks a definate runner (bar injury). Betfair punters have woken up to St Nicholas Abbey being poor value.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1511

Colm O Donoghue should Ride Jan Vermeer.

Top Class Jockey and loyalty should be rewarded imo to him

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

May be a silly question, but has there been any word at all from Ballydoyle on this?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Double post

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Fallon is too old and simply not good enough anymore for him to jock off other jockeys but i am sure Tabor may see it a different way.

You are joking right?

You’d honestly prefer O’Donaghue or Heffernan to Fallon?
    Fallon may not be quite as good as he was (yet), but he’s much better than those two.

It may have been the riding "orders" he got from Coolmore bosses, but Heffernan messed up on Fame And Glory in last years Derby. In a race comparitively slow, to try and beat Sea The Stars coming from behind the Guineas winner, was (imo) foolish. Would Fallon have done the same? Made no difference as it turned out, STS far too good, but that is in hindsight.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1046

careful lads

jan is 11/2 on betfair

• Total Posts 1511

Fallon doesn’t deserve to ride for them imo. More likely Pat Smullen or Richard Hughes will get a big ride over Fallon. They simply don’t owe Fallon anything and we have seen so far that his rides for them have been almost nil.

Colm O Donoghue is a top Jockey and has won a Group 1 On Jan Vermeer already, Loyalty i am sure is Important to Ballydoyle and i can’t see how they would throw it in their Jockeys faces but handing rides to a OAP.

David Duggan who has his ear close to Coolmore(having worked for them) said yesterday that he believes their is no chance they will use Fallon and that Hughsie is more likely of any of the outside Jockeys.

Everyone seems to think Fallon is Close to Ballydoyle and that he seems to deserve rides for them….Stoute doesn’t give him anything but scraps why would anyone think Ballydoyle who stood by him and then threw it back in his face would be knocking down the door for him?

• Total Posts 1511

2300 on 5.8 just their and now its disappeared in realtion to Jan Vermeer to back.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Betfair means nothing look at the mugs who got caught on New Approach, probally the same who are moving this market.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Betfair means nothing look at the mugs who got caught on New Approach, probally the same who are moving this market.

That was completely different.

• Total Posts 1511

Mr Wilson i take the complete opposite view.

Betfair is the only true market. Antepost on Betfair is like a niche of its own.

The amount of times Betfair has been right regarding running plans for Horses has been many.

St Nicholas drifting now for Big Money….Jan Vermeer must be running

EDIT:

As i speak now into 4.8 JV. St Nicholas out to 11/4

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Yeh the "plans" of a horse which isn’t hard to work out if you’re a pro and have been in the game a long time who don’t need to wait for market support.

I don’t see why people get excited though, a lot of people are like the money has come for Jan Vermeer this means he wins, well sorry sweetheart to break you’re dreams but Jan Vermeer at 6-1 Sunday to Jan Vermeer 3-1 today is still the same horse, they still walk around the same yard, they still breathe the same air, they still run the same.

A 3-1 Jan Vermeer is not superior to a 6-1 Jan Vermeer, he’s not fast or stronger.

• Total Posts 1511

JOHNNY MURTAGH is to delay a decision on his Investec Derby mount after St Nicholas Abbey, favourite for the Epsom Classic, failed to sparkle on the Ballydoyle gallops on Friday morning.

Speaking at 12.45pm on Friday, trainer Aidan O’Brien said: "Johnny rode St Nicholas Abbey this morning and felt that the colt might not have shown the same sparkle as he did when he rode him on Tuesday morning.

"Consequently, he won’t be making up his mind about what he will ride in the Derby until the middle of next week."

O’Brien confirmed that running plans for Jan Vermeer and Cape Blanco, both of whom hold entries in the Epsom Classic and the Prix du Jockey Club, will not be made until the middle of next week.

• Total Posts 1511

That 2k at 5.8 i said earlier was spot on

Now St Nich is out to 7/2.

JV into near 3/1 and now favorite.

JV TO WIN THE DERBY 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.