The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Endless Power

Home Forums Memorials Endless Power

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Trisons Star
    • Total Posts 11

THE Jim Goldie-trained Endless Power has died after fracturing his pelvis in the Racing Post Chase at Kempton on Saturday.

The nine-year-old had won the Grand Sefton over the Aintree fences in November and was being aimed at the Grand National.

However, he was pulled up before the fourth-last and died just hours after the race.

A stable spokeswoman said: "He fractured his pelvis in the race.

"There were complications afterwards and we tried our best to save him.

"Unfortunately, he passed away lastnight before we even got the chance to put him down."

Endless Power earned over £100,000 in prize-money and won six of his 28 races.

Sad for The Fyffees…A great horse, gave them some fantastic days..commiserations to everyone connected..an absoloute shame especially as the National was the target..

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Such a tragic shame. :(

That round he put in over the big fences was so thrilling to watch. The image of Endless Power "hurdling" Becher’s Brook is still with me!

RIP

PEEPINGFAWN
    • Total Posts 40

farewell brave lad, such a terrible shame :(

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

Oh no..yet another name that I dreaded to see on this thread; I realized that he’d pulled up but just assumed that he’d got tired..why does this seem to happen so often to the smaller stables..it always seems worse when a horse has treated those formidable Aintree fences with such disdain only to lose their life on an easier park course..condolences to connections..r.i.p. dear brave horse.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Woeful News…RIP :(

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

I didnt see the Powers incident I was at Newcaslte Races.
    Pulled up before the fourth last suggests this game performer was injured at the same downhill fences that Pressgang had to be destoyed in the previous Saturday meeting at Kempton Park.

Maybe they should look at those fences take off and landing sides. Both these poor horses recieved injuries not from falling but getting over the downhill obstacles

First time poster who loves racing but cant bear to see unecessary loss of life to these brilliant creatures.

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Retracted Sorry
    Poor Pressgang was at Sandown

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of Endless Power.

As far as I know he was the highest rated steeplechaser trained in Scotland and I felt he had the ability to rate higher.

Sympathies go out to all at Uplawmoor.

Rob

Pendle_Gazza
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

I was at Aintree and saw his exuberant performance over the big fences – he seemed to be loving every minute, and was really pleased he held on despite getting tired and me backing the runner-up. Gutted for the horse. RIP.

Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Aw no……… what a terrible shame for the horse and the stable.

RIP, lovely boy.

• Total Posts 79

What a shock- this was such a lovely looking horse, exactly the type of ex racehorse I would some day love to own.

I found out late and am just so sad he is gone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.