Enable

Home Forums Horse Racing Enable

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 599

I think it would have been better to retire her. I doubt she will improve and the likes of Japan probably will plus of course there could be a major 3 year old contender. It’s a brave decision and I suppose she is only missing one breeding season.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1313

Japan’s career best wasn’t good enough even with the allowances he got as a 3 yr old and on ground that significantly blunted her speed, extremely doubtful to me that as a 4 yr old having to give her weight (mares allowance) he will improve enough to turn the tables.

Assuming she gets there in one piece, most likely that it will be either an improving 3 yr old (if they are good enough) or similar ground conditions to this year that will stop her.

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 177

Why on earth would it have been better to retire her? Racing needs more of this, not less.

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5010

Thanks all for the embarrassingly long list of stellar 6yo mares I failed to recall

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

I cheated and looked them up using a list of top 50 mares that came up when I googled “top rated mares”.
    It’s looking good for Enable!

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Great to see the mare racing on at 6.
    Wondered if this would be the case after they seemed to leave the question open when talking about what would happen if Enable got beat in the Arc. :good:

value is everything
    He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 131

I’ve got to say I’m surprised they’ve kept her in training , I was sure Frankel was going to be chapping on her stable door with a flowers , chocs and a bottle of wine

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1144

Is there any other sport other than flat racing that gives the impression that the fans can’t wait to see the back of its genuine stars?

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 177

No Clive. Strange.

And is Frankel comes knocking, he wants telling to sling his hook. 2×1 inbeeding to Galileo, not the best.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2535

I was sure Frankel was going to be chapping on her stable door with a flowers , chocs and a bottle of wine

Ew that’s just wrong. He slew her father on the racecourse and he’s her uncle!

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 472

I think it’s just as you say Clive, it’s just an impression given. Possibly a reluctance to get too excited, as there may be a fear that she’ll be past her best. There’s obviously a few greats mentioned on this thread who would counter those fears.

I’m delighted that she is coming back, and plans are being made to try and catch her in the flesh a few more times yet, but I particularly want to go and see her attempt at a third Arc.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 44

Great news Enable will be racing again next year, good for flat racing and all her many fans.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 131

Sorry didn’t realise , wonder who,ll they,ll put her with at stud ?

The Tatling Cheekily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 177

A fascinating question. I enjoy reviewing bloodlines, but know little of the ‘science’ which goes in to such a choice.

In my rather simplistic look at this, I would inject some pace from the Sire. Juddmonte’s own Kingman has made a spectacular start. A good match? Or perhaps Coolmores extremely promising (and rapid?) No Nay Never?

Bachelors HallBachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1263

Here are Juddmonte’s Group One winning mares and the sire of their first runner to track.

Banks Hill – Kingmambo
    Zenda – Storm Cat
    Nebraska Tornado – Dynaformer
    Etoile Montante – Dynaformer
    Quiff – Dansili
    African Rose – Oasis Dream
    Promising Lead – Empire Maker
    Proportional – Dansili
    Special Duty – Tapit
    Midday – Galileo
    Timepiece – Dansili
    Emulous – Kingman
    Announce – Tapit
    Winsili – Frankel

The pattern appears to be American horse before going in-house if not starting in-house. With Enable being so Sadlers Wells heavy, Arrogate would look like a highly likely candidate.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.