The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

education for me

Home Forums Lounge education for me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

I have been a member on here for only a short while.I have been very impressed with the threads/chats etc. I have followed racing for about 10 years and have very few friends who follow the sport. It is brilliant to have the opportunity to speak to others who love this sport and read their opinions etc. I do have a life, a lovely wife and two wonderful kids, a job I tolerate and sometimes love too. Good banter, some ridiculous stuff and some tips, and some things I do not understand but maybe some day will. Just thought I would post this after some wines. <!– s:D –>:D<!– s:D –>

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I have been a member on here for only a short while.I have been very impressed with the threads/chats etc. I have followed racing for about 10 years and have very few friends who follow the sport. It is brilliant to have the opportunity to speak to others who love this sport and read their opinions etc. I do have a life, a lovely wife and two wonderful kids, a job I tolerate and sometimes love too. Good banter, some ridiculous stuff and some tips, and some things I do not understand but maybe some day will. Just thought I would post this after some wines. :D

Hey Crizzy, great to hear you like the forum mate.

I haven’t been here that long myself, but yes, there are some very intelligent guys and gals on here who know there stuff – though personally, I still think most of them are a bit dull :lol:

Post a joke, and you won’t get a reply – post a time figure and you will get 100 replies :lol:

Hopefully they know I am only joking :lol:

Mike

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Great stuff! I know where you are coming from…I’m lost sometimes. But that’s the fun and ‘the education’!!!! :D

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Ooh we have, Marb. Just not out loud!

Glad to see you over ‘ere as well, sir.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

totally agree with what has been said – racing and racing folk are brilliant – I spent years not having anyone around me even remotely interested in racing and would have loved having internet access in those days. As a female racegoer I even used to go racing on my own sometimes and even then had a great time! I now have a partner who enjoys racing as much as I do, but it’s important to be able to go back over the years and chat about bygone era’s and great horses….Cheltenham this year was fantastic because I was there on the Tuesday and talking about it for the rest of the week with complete strangers….mo

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

Welcome Crizzy – but I don’t know where you get the idea that you’ll find ‘ridiculous’ stuff on here. Surely not?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Ridiculous stuff? Of course not… Crizzy…… :lol:

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Marb i think we were hoping it wasn’t really you….. :wink: Enjoy the debate…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.