The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Duke of Cambridgeshire

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2017 Duke of Cambridgeshire

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 100

I like Smart Call for this.

Have backed it at 12/1 and it is still 10’s at the moment.

Anyone else got a view?

Participant
    • Total Posts 656

I backed Qemah for the Queen Anne so I’ve supported her here aswell, seems to be a recurring trend for me this week.

The favourite Laugh Aloud is an improving type, but she’s going to have to improve an awful lot more to justify 5/2 favouritism in this company, in my opinion. Qemah is a duel Group 1 winning filly, with the added bonus of winning over c+d. Over on the French racing thread it was discussed how a lot of Rouget’s are only recovered now from the virus that hit his stable last season. As a result we shouldn’t take his charges first-time out appearances at face value, as he is clearly leaving a lot to work on from their first run, with bigger targets in mind for the future. Qemah and Zelzal are examples of this, and the former I feel will have been brought back with the Royal Meeting in mind after her win here last year.

Qemah 7/2.. Good luck all.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Laugh Aloud pulled out overnight.

Well done Piecornu on snaffling that price about Smart Call. I liked Laugh Aloud but now it feels like a race where you need to take the favourites on. Usherette doesn’t look like the same horse as last year and there’s a chance the ground will be lively enough for Qemah.

It’s a bit guessy with these South African fillies but Smart Call does have the most convincing claims. Greta J was probably the best horse over there but she has to concede fitness to Smart Call, who shaped quite nicely behind Blond Me in a G2 on bad ground. Both were a chunk better than Furia Cruzada in South Africa and that filly was good enough to take second last year.

I took some 13/2 Smart Call this morning and she seems strong early doors. Sadly missed the early prices and Hugh Taylor tipped it last night but hopefully there is still a bit of value in that price.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Laugh Aloud a non-runner this morning; heat in her leg.

Surely this leaves it open for Qemah? I must admit I backed Mix And Mingle each way after Lingfield. I think Qemah was below-par that day but I’m hoping MAM can be there at the finish.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2031

I was quite sweet on Laugh Aloud but in her absence I’ll lend my allegiance to another Godolphin runner in the shape of last year’s winner, Usherette at 10/3. If she can bring her a-game I believe she could have Qemah’s measure now they’re on levels.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6190

On Qeemah Ante Post @ 11/2 @ 9/2

A bit lucky with the FAV dropping out mind you. Swings and roundabouts :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2833

QEMAH @ 9//4 for me

Group 1 winner last year, will come on for her reappearance.

The Argentinian horse could be anything but i’m sticking with just one here. If the Argentinian wins, so be it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I’ve backed Qemah with a saver on Smart Call and laid Usherette.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2031

Well done Mr Barzalona. You did a marvellous job of getting your filly beat there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Well done Mr Barzalona. You did a marvellous job of getting your filly beat there.

I’ve backed Qemah with a saver on Smart Call and laid Usherette.

Hate to agree with you Charles, think I was very lucky there.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

It was not the best ride on Usherette by a long chalk but Qemah’s crusing speed was lethal in keeping the horse exactly where the jockey wanted the horse to be throughout the race. A shame about the yards problems at the start of the year as I think she could of been a player in the Queen Anne.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.