The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Drinmore 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Drinmore 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Lami
    • Total Posts 12

i fancy pesoto i think he will be o gradys one for the race

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

I backed Pandorma.7/1 i got at Hills but Cashmans has it at 3/1JF for the race who is right Hills or Cashmans

• Total Posts 2184

I backed Pandorma.7/1 i got at Hills but Cashmans has it at 3/1JF for the race who is right Hills or Cashmans

He won’t be 7/1 if he runs but I’d say its doubtful whether he will or not. I’m a massive fan of the horse and I’ve backed him for Cheltenham already but I think they’d be better off waiting for a suitable race at Naas or Navan given how he jumped out to his left last time out at Punchestown.

• Total Posts 2184

(1:30) 330C Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice S’chase
    (Grade 1) €55,250.00 ( 2m 4f – 4yo+ )[MAX 18] NHFrm

2-1p2 1 Alpha Ridge (PNolan) –
    72632 2 Caim Hill (PFenton) –
    44314 3 China Rock (MFMorris) –
    -6146 4 Copsiano (MFMorris) –
    01223 5 Fisher Bridge (NMeade) –
    21f/- 6 Jadanli (PJGilligan) –
    80821 7 Jered (NMeade) –
    71-31 8 Mr Warbucks (AMaguire) –
    21711 9 Oscar Looby (NMeade) –
    12-11 10 Pandorama (NMeade) –
    26-01 11 Pesoto (FR) (EJO’Grady) –
    1-006 12 Quartetto (GER) (MTorrens) –
    30831 13 River Liane (FR) (TCooper) –
    12652 14 Roberto Goldback (MrsJHarrington)
    26321 15 Whatuthink (OMcKiernan) –

Disappointing enough entry at the five-day stage IMO. Whatuthink is still the one that stands out for me unless Pandorama takes his chance. Adrian Maguire’s horse might go well at a big price.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Always been a fan of Caim Hill and always thought he looked like a chaser. Think he’d be the one for me here for an e/w at 33-1.

He’s still in it so have called a bet through on him, always thought as a hurdler that he looked like a big bad chaser in the making. Suspect he’ll be best over the 3mile trip but if they go a decent pace here he should be thereabouts.

• Total Posts 1511

Can’t back Pandorama this way around. He just struggles. I like that Torphicen of EOG….he lucked pretty handy on debut. Whatuthink could be a dark horse(maybe not so dark). Not a great renewal….the royal bond is the best renewal in a long time. The rest are ordinary enough Grade 1’s

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Pesoto impressed me the last day- I thought the second was a decent tool and still do. I’d be interested in him at 5/1 if he definitely runs. Whatuthink is also a big player after winning at 2m, this trip will see improvement and he’s the best of these over hurdles. Fully agree with Fist(!) about Jered- not a natural jumper.
    What stops me having a bet really is that the ones I fancy all want to lead and the race is top-heavy with front runners. I don’t fancy Pandorama but he’s another prominent racer to add to those above- could be a race to play in-running on the day as two or three could set it up for a finisher.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Has Catch It won yet? when’s the race ?:lol:

• Total Posts 2440

I’d be interested to see what price China Rock is, before the start of the race. I like the horse.

Going on some of last seasons’ form, close behind the likes of Mikael D’Haguenet, Karabak and Diamond Harry, the latter 2 of the 3, who have made impressive runs very recently, i think the horse has a lot to offer.

I couldnt have Jered at 4/1, 5/1 which is being offered at the moment, i have yet to be impressed by the horse whenever i have seen him run.

China Rock for me, but an interesting race.

• Total Posts 1046

Qiute like Roberto Goldback, good novice hurdle form and looked in need of the run (as did Osana) when battling that one to a head over 2m. Step up in trip will suit and everyone loves Jessie H :D

• Total Posts 2184

(1:30) 330C Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice
    S’chase (Grade 1) €55,250.00 ( 2m 4f – 4yo+ )

1 Alpha Ridge (PNolan) – RWalsh(T) …… 11,10
    2 Caim Hill (PFenton) – BTO’Connell……. 11,10
    3 China Rock (MFMorris) – NPMadden … 11,10
    4 Jered (NMeade) – APMcCoy ……. 11,10
    5 Mr Warbucks (AMaguire) – SJHassett …….. 11,10
    6 Pandorama (NMeade) – DJCondon…… 11,10
    7 Pesoto (FR) (EJO’Grady) – AndrewJMcNamara… 11,10
    8 Roberto Goldback (MrsJHarrington) – RMPower…. 11,10
    9 Whatuthink (OMcKiernan) – BJGeraghty… 11,10
    10 River Liane (FR) (TCooper) – DNRussell… 11,09

Very surprised that Pandorama takes his chance. I thought Noel would wait for a more suitable race at either Naas or Navan. He’d be a serious Sun Alliance contender if he can win this on Sunday against Pesoto and Whatuthink.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

China Rock overpriced at 12/1 imo

• Total Posts 2184

He is overpriced looking at Alpha Ridge’s price but he is a much better horse on better ground.

Even though he is going the wrong way round, I still think Pandorama is value here. I’m probably in danger of following this horse off a cliff but given the likely ground I think he could just gallop the finish out of Pesoto who I’d have stamina reservations about.

Jered and River Liane would have been two of the best Irish hurdlers last year but I don’t think either have the size and scope to make better chasers. Whatuthink’s weakness in the market puts me off him and I don’t think Roberto Goldback is good enough. Mr Warbucks is the only other one that would interest me.

detroit orchid
    • Total Posts 64

mr warbucks looks a good e.w. bet to me, he’s only ran 5 times in his life and is improving

• Total Posts 2184

China Rock and River Liane taken out because of the ground presumably.

How is Alpha Ridge still shorter than Pandorama? I can’t work that one out at all

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Ladbrokes voided my antepost on Caim Hill at 33-1, hope they give 33-1 in the morning, the toe-rags.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ladbrokes voided my antepost on Caim Hill at 33-1, hope they give 33-1 in the morning, the toe-rags.

Bulwark – they have! :D

Should be a great race with so many wanting to make it.
    Can’t have Jered, though he won over the trip last time he didn’t beat much, and he’ll find this a much stiffer test of his suspect stamina.
    Pesoto won well last time, but had an easy lead in a slowly run race, and had been found wanting in both his previous runs against better opposition.
    Though the ground and the pace will help, Alpha Ridge surely needs further, and this may be educational – in view of his 3m entry over Christmas.
    Prior to his warm-up for this, Pandorama, had only had 2 horses get near him in 7 races – Mikael D’Haguenet and Cousin Vinny – and with nothing approaching their calibre in this race he should extend his near perfect record. Noel Meade seems unconcerned about his jumping right on his last outing, else he wouldn’t be running him, and that’s enough to convince me it won’t pe a problem.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.