The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Drinmore 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Drinmore 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2184

330C Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice S’chase (Grade
    1) €55,250.00 ( 2m 4f – 4yo+ )[MAX 18] NHFrm

2-1p2 1 Alpha Ridge (PNolan) – . ………… 11,10
    69-12 2 Apt Approach (WPMullins) – ………… 11,10
    433-1 3 Aranleigh (AMullins) – …………….. 11,10
    13-42 4 Bob Lingo (TMullins) – …………. 11,10
    72632 5 Caim Hill (PFenton) – . ……………… 11,10
    -151f 6 Catch Me (GER) (EJO’Grady) – . ……. 11,10
    14431 7 China Rock (MFMorris) – ……………… 11,10
    6-121 8 Citizen Vic (WPMullins) – ……….. 11,10
    32142 9 Clan Tara (PNolan) – ……………… 11,10
    2-614 10 Copsiano (MFMorris) – . ………… 11,10
    -4205 11 Corskeagh Royale (NMeade) – …….. 11,10
    -1u52 12 Cousin Vinny (WPMullins) – …………. 11,10
    70122 13 Fisher Bridge (NMeade) – . …………… 11,10
    f3111 14 Fosters Cross (TMullins) – . ……. 11,10
    -60-p 15 Gem Daly (FR) (NMeade) – . …………. 11,10
    23516 16 Hotel Hilamar(123) (NMeade) – ……… 11,10
    21f/- 17 Jadanli (PJGilligan) – . ……… 11,10
    -8082 18 Jered (NMeade) – ……………… 11,10
    1012f 19 Kempes (WPMullins) – ………… 11,10
    -4384 20 Kimberlite King (CAMurphy) – . …….. 11,10
    62133 21 Lenabane (DTHughes) – ………………. 11,10
    -3393 22 Mick The Man (CAMurphy) – . ……….. 11,10
    71-31 23 Mr Warbucks (AMaguire) – …………… 11,10
    -4482 24 Nicanor (FR) (NMeade) – ……………… 11,10
    -4-f0 25 Old Hall (WFCodd) – . ………………. 11,10
    2-201 26 Osana (FR) (EJO’Grady) – . …………… 11,10
    21711 27 Oscar Looby (NMeade) – . ……………. 11,10
    12-11 28 Pandorama (NMeade) – ……………….. 11,10
    f26-0 29 Pesoto (FR) (EJO’Grady) – . ………….. 11,10
    00/-0 30 Rights Of Man (DEFitzgerald) – …….. 11,10
    12652 31 Roberto Goldback (MrsJHarrington)- …. 11,10
    5-411 32 Sizing Europe (Hde Bromhead) – ….. 11,10
    26321 33 Whatuthink (OMcKiernan) – . ………… 11,10
    1-006 34 Quartetto (GER) (MTorrens) – ………. 11,09
    1-217 35 Realt Dubh (NMeade) – . ……………. 11,09
    30831 36 River Liane (FR) (TCooper) – . ………. 11,09
    31712 37 Shirley Casper (DTHughes) – . ……… 11,05

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

:shock: Well Cousin Vinny doesn’t run but apart from that who knows?

Osana V Sizing Europe V Catch Me would fill the stands but the first two surely won’t run either….2m4f?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

I’ve always been a big fan of River Liane and I’m hoping he can get his act together for real over fences – was a nice enough win on his chasing debut and will definitely appreciate the trip as a lot of these French-breds do.

• Total Posts 2184

I didn’t think he jumped at all well at Naas IS. It looks a weak enough contest this year though with Sizing Europe and Cousin Vinny not likely to run, and Pandorama not likely to be suited by the track. That fact brings him into contention.

Doesn’t look as good a race as it was last year when five of the runners went on to win Grade 1s – Trafford Lad, Forpadydeplasterer, Rare Bob, Casey Jones and Golden Silver. Northern Alliance subsequently won the Kerry National and Ballyholland went on to win the Galway Plate. Doubt this year’s field will achieve anything like that.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Good point but it will get better with experience (I hope) – as you say the race is likely to cut up so it’s unlikely they’ll go fast enough to put his jumping under pressure early and hte 8/1 with Ladbrokes looks big at the moment.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

They make Jered 5/1 fav for this :shock: Guess they must have been impressed with his win the other day. Yours truly was not! Definitely a horse of limited ability but I guess it depends on what else runs. I’d make him about a 12/1 shot if a few of the others take their chances.

• Total Posts 2184

Paddy Power’s book is a bit more realistic. Can’t have Jered at all either Fist. Looks too small to make a top chaser IMO.

A lot will depend on what plans EOG has for Osana & Catch Me. He said after Navan that he’d run Osana back there in a winners of one. He might change his mind now after Catch Me’s fall the last day and run Osana in the Drinmore. Catch Me could get some confidence back over the sticks going for back to back wins in the Hattons Grace – for which he is entered.

I don’t think Pandorama will run here. It looks like Jered will run and I think Pandorama will be more suited to going left handed.

Whatuthink is the one that appeals to me at the prices.

• Total Posts 2184

Doesn’t look as good a race as it was last year when five of the runners went on to win Grade 1s – Trafford Lad, Forpadydeplasterer, Rare Bob, Casey Jones and Golden Silver. Northern Alliance subsequently won the Kerry National and Ballyholland went on to win the Galway Plate. Doubt this year’s field will achieve anything like that.

You can add Tranquil Sea winning the Paddy Power to that list!

• Total Posts 638

Its isn’t fair to praise the 2008 running 12 months after the race whilst decrying the 2009 running a fortnight before its renewal. If you were bigging up last years race precisely 12 months ago fair enough, please copy your comments…if not please give this years candidates a year to prove their worth.

• Total Posts 2184

Its isn’t fair to praise the 2008 running 12 months after the race whilst decrying the 2009 running a fortnight before its renewal. If you were bigging up last years race precisely 12 months ago fair enough, please copy your comments…if not please give this years candidates a year to prove their worth.

Fair enough so. Have a look at the thread for last year’s renewal here:

http://www.theracingforum.co.uk/horse-racing-forum/big-races-discussion/drinmore-novice-chase-t74999.html

8)

• Total Posts 638

Fair enough IC you certainly put it up as ‘a race for the future’ which it has truly proved to be.
    However my general point (not withstanding your own foresightedness) is that we are constantly being subjected to pre rece analysis of ‘its a poor renewal’ when with very few exceptions the time to judge a race’s full merit is 3 months after and not a fortnight before.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Always been a fan of Caim Hill and always thought he looked like a chaser. Think he’d be the one for me here for an e/w at 33-1.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Didn’t you use the Jered form to (positively) quantify the achievements of Sizing Europe at the weekend, Fist? In any case I have to agree, despite all the promise he showed as a novice hurdler he just doesn’t look to have progressed as well as once seemed likely.

Catch Me is interesting enough, but

Alpha Ridge

(12/1) and

Pesoto

(10/1) appeal at this stage. The former’s debut form isn’t at all bad, he can be ridden on the lead or just in behind and is certain to get the trip, whilst the latter looked to have benefitted immensely from his summer break when winning easily at Limerick.

• Total Posts 2184

Fair enough IC you certainly put it up as ‘a race for the future’ which it has truly proved to be.
    However my general point (not withstanding your own foresightedness) is that we are constantly being subjected to pre rece analysis of ‘its a poor renewal’ when with very few exceptions the time to judge a race’s full merit is 3 months after and not a fortnight before.

Maybe it will be a decent renewal. I’m sure it will throw up plenty of decent winners.

My point is that without the likes of Sizing Europe, Cousin Vinny and Pandorama, who are all very unlikely to run, it won’t be the best novice chase run in Ireland this year.

• Total Posts 2184

Didn’t you use the Jered form to (positively) quantify the achievements of Sizing Europe at the weekend, Fist?

That might have been me on another thread. I did use Jered and Lenabane’s subsequent race to highlight Sizing Europe’s form. They were both behind Major Finnegan at the October meeting and he was beaten easily by Sizing Europe on Sunday.

I stand by my comment that Jered isn’t any great value at all at the current price though. I’m sure he’s capable of winning novice chases, but I don’t think he’ll be winning Grade 1s (potentially weak renewal or not) like this.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Wasn’t me!!!! I was the one who said "Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory" :lol:

What I did say was Sizing Europe might be tested more than he had been by Major Finnegan.

I watched Jered win and it did nothing for me. The minute that one comes under pressure and has to jump at speed in a top class novice he’ll be very error prone. Looked like an acccident waiting to happen to me.

Something I didn’t realise till I watched both races again is the horse he beat 4 lengths last time finish 11 lengths behind him in the race Major Finigan won…….that must put him about 14 stone behind Sizing Europe :lol:

The only way he will win is if the race cuts up badly IMO.

• Total Posts 2184

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/09/11/19/RACING_Fairyhouse.html

HATTON’S REPEAT AN OPTION FOR CATCH ME

Edward O’Grady is considering switching Catch Me back to the smaller obstacles for the Bar One Racing Hatton’s Grace Hurdle at Fairyhouse on Sunday week.

The seven-year-old, winner of the race 12 months ago, has been campaigned over fences so far this season, making a winning introduction at Cork before failing to complete in a Listed event at Navan.

O’Grady now needs to decide whether to let his charge have another go over the larger obstacles in the Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice Chase, or go back over timber in the Grade One hurdle he won twelve months ago when beating Brave Inca.

"He’s fine and we will certainly have to look at the Hatton’s Grace," said the County Tipperary handler.

"He’s in the Drinmore as well but he did win the Hatton’s Grace very well last year. We’ll just have to see.

"We also have Osana entered in the Drinmore, but I don’t think he’ll run."

I guess Pesoto is the likely runner from the yard so

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.