DFS Park Hill Stakes (G2)

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion DFS Park Hill Stakes (G2)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  potato 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Not one of the most exciting races of the week ahead, but i think there’s a potential bet.

It does come with a risk attached, in that she isn’t a certain runner as no jockey has been booked yet, but coming from the Aidan O’Brien yard, we know he’s notoriously late with bookings.

The horse is South Sea Pearl at 14/1. Connections have mentioned she’s a big filly who has very much needed time to learn her job. The further she goes the better as she’s a real galloper who takes a while to get going.

Her last run was easy to put a line through as she was over the wrong trip against proper G1 older horses. The race before was soft or heavy depending which form site you use which is the first time she’s raced on that sort of ground.

The race before then she was readily beaten by the current favourite for this race, however, she shaped well then having come from a poor race position at a track where track position is important and ran on nicely at the finish. She was also impeded. I would argue she could’ve finished a fair bit closer than she did that day as the race was finished by the time she got daylight. She went off 7/2 that day.

This track will suit her much more as its a fair galloping track.

Obviously the favourite will prove a tough nut to crack, but of the others i wouldn’t fear any of them. Manuela De Vega has proved disappointing after shaping well her the Oaks. Dame Mallot has done very little wrong. However, of the others i don’t think she warrants being 14s. I suppose there has to be a minor worry Moore could choose Delphania but considering he’s ridden SSP 3 of her last 4, i’d hope he’d opt for her again.

:good:

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

This has gone rather pear shaped from a price perspective, Seanie on board which surprises me. Doubt i’ll be getting the massive shortener i wanted, but fingers crossed she can prove Moore wrong!

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 59

I wanted to have a bet myself on Delphinia ironically Jack because I thought she was crying out for a step up in trip on her form this season and her Oaks run wasn’t that bad but the more I looked at it the more I’ve decided to leave the race alone. O’Brien has never won this and his recent record bar Pretty Perfect running Simple Verse close in 2016 is pretty crap. For what it’s worth Seanie gave Pretty Perfect a cracking ride that day. It looks on paper as if he just throws his lesser fillies and mares into this and hopes for the best and him having four in again doesn’t fill me with confidence. Ultimately Delphinia was no less promising in the Oaks than Manuela De Vega and she’s subsequently been beaten out of sight by Enbihaar so it’s hard to be positive on that line of thought.

We’ve got a dead eight situation which would be good on the day but it’s only Tuesday and if we get a late withdrawal the race becomes far less appealing because I think the favourite is rock solid and on collateral form I don’t think Dame Malliot has that much to find with her and looks solid for one of the other places. If you were using Klassique as a yardstick from the Lancashire Oaks and in the Prix De Pamone where I think she’s run to a similar standard then Dame Malliot really could give Enbihaar something to think about. Ultimately she isn’t proven at the trip whereas Enbihaar most definitely is. That said Dame Malliot could improve for the step up in trip and is a lovely big filly who is getting 10lbs in weight for age from Enbihaar and given the allowance is there to negate physical progress it looks on the generous side in this instance.

On official ratings you can throw a blanket over most of the others and they are all open to progress being 3 year old fillies. Should be a good watch and I do wish you well Jack with your bet but I think I’ll find better value 14/1 bets this week than I’d get on Delphinia in this instance.

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 680

DAME MALLIOT at 5/2 is a strong selection for me. I will be very surprised if anything can beat this horse. This filly has group 1 winner in waiting written all over her.

I think she will smash up today and should be clear favourite.

Big shock if the short pricrd Gosden favourite or anything else can test her today.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Having read Dame Malliot had a sinus infection before scraping home last time, you could be right Potato, as she might not have been fully 100% at Deauville.

My bet looks all but in the bin- I still think pretty much the same views as my initial post, but the vibes aren’t strong….at all.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

I think the fav is the proverbial good thing here!!
    As most of you will know I am not a favourite backer but this one looks too good to miss!
    The way she won last time bodes well and at 11/8 looks a steal to me :good: :good:

:good: :good: Good Luck Guys :good:

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 680

Ansolutely embarrassing from Matt Chapman

quote: ENBIHAAR HE IS SOME HORSE HE IS AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER HE WILL TAKE THE WORLD OF BEATING

Someone tell that idiot its a she and this is a fillies and mares race.

:negative:

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

My pick could do with a grand national trip over the flat.

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 680

Well done Raymo. No idea what happened with the Dame in that race. :cry:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.