The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Daylight Cup 2010 – The ‘Final’ Thread

Home Forums Archive Topics 4PP & Daylight Cup Competition Daylight Cup 2010 – The ‘Final’ Thread

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

With just the 2nd Leg of the Final to come I hope I may be forgiven for thanking those that have over the last 19 weeks contributed to this great competition.

First, Bob.

I think I can safely speak for all us that play in Bob’s 4PP when stating that we all appreciate the time and effort you put in each week so we can take part in both the 4PP and the Daylight Cup. Many thanks Bob for providing the scores each week for both competitions.

Also, many thanks to Cormack15 for your and TRF’s support for the competition and in providing the ‘Cup’ which this year’s winner can look forward to proudly displaying.

Many thanks too, to Ken (West Derby), Rory and AP Racing for conducting the Draws in the Knockout Stages and also to Jinnyj and Nafsasp for providing the quizzes that accompanied the Draws.

And finally, I would also like to thank everyone that took part in this year’s competition for again upholding the friendly spirit that has always been associated with this competition. Well done to all of you and the best of luck for next year’s competition.

Daylight Cup 2010 Final – 1st Leg Results
    Anne7 0[/color:3m218fk4] v 14[/color:3m218fk4] Doublethetrouble

The 2nd Leg of the Final shall be played next Saturday and I shall be providing a ‘Live’ update on this thread throughout the afternoon.

Best of luck Anne7 and Doublethetrouble.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

And not forgetting a major thank you, to yourself Cup Competition for providing all the fixtures and group tables. :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 4427

I echo what Nathan said many thanks

cc2010

for your time, effort and admin of this years Daylight Cup a great competition

anne7
    Participant
    • Total Posts 520

hi all thanks for a great comp and all the effort put in. looking forward to the afternoon win or loose very much enjoyed the ride. good luck doublethetrouble.
    anne

• Total Posts 233

yes a great competion, thanks to all the hard work thats been put in to it ,anne7 i wish you all the luck.DTT

Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

With Doublethetrouble holding a slender 14pts lead from the 1st Leg the 2nd Leg is nicely balanced and this is todays order of play (subject to Non-Runners and Reserves).

Best of luck to both of you.

1.55 Worcester – Isle Of Inishmore (Anne)
    2.20 Doncaster – Day of The Eagle (Anne)
    2.20 Doncaster – Watch Amico (Doublethetrouble)
    2.35 Musselburgh – Excel Bolt (Nap)(Doublethetrouble)
    2.40 Epsom – Jira (Anne)
    3.40 Musselburgh – Ziggy Lee (Doublethetrouble)
    4.00 Epsom – Workforce (Doublethetrouble)
    5.10 Worcester – Osolomio (Nap) (Anne)

Current Score: Doublethetrouble 14 v 0 Anne7

Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

Update Headlines 14:29:

Anne7 Draws Level

Amazing scenes at the start of this 2nd Leg as a 5/2 4th in his first race (Doncaster 2.20) from Doublethetrouble was not enough to stop Anne7 from drawing level in the tie win a 6/1 winner in her second race.

Current Unoffical Scores*:

Doublethetrouble

* All scores in these updates remain unoffical until confirmed by Bob.

Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

Update Headlines 14:39

Doublethetrouble hits straight back with a winning 4/6 Nap

Current Unoffical Scores: Doublethetrouble 25 v 17 Anne7

Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

Update Headlines 16:05 –

Doublethetrouble extends lead with a 6/1 Derby Winner

However, after 19 weeks the competition goes down to the last race as a Winning Nap for Anne7 in the 5.10 at Worcester will see her snatch victory.

Could it get any more exciting!?

Current Unoffical Scores

: Doublethetrouble 42 v 17 Anne7

Cup Competition 2010
    • Total Posts 31

Update Headlines 17:17 –

Anne7 fails to grab a last race winner and Doublethetrouble is this year’s Daylight Cup Champion.

Unoffical 2nd Leg Result

Doublethetrouble 28 v 17 Anne7

Unoffical Final Result

Doublethetrouble 42 v 17 Anne7

Unlucky Anne7, a fine effort but I’m sure you will be the first to join me in congratulating Doublethetrouble on becoming this year’s Daylight Cup Champion.

When Bob has confirmed the scores I shall make an offical Post on the Main Section until then thanks to all who took part.

Goodbye
    CC2010

anne7
    Participant
    • Total Posts 520

thanks cc2010 and once again to all that has put a lot of time and effort into the comp. just pleased to get as far as i did would have been nice to win it. but take nothing away from doublethetrouble a great performance enjoy your victory you fully deserve it very very well done.

anne7

• Total Posts 233

ANN7 i think we were both lucky to reach the final,and sorry that one of us had to lose ,but at least you are second best ,hopefully next time it may be your turn,take care.DTT.this competition is the best and hope it continues, thanks to all for the hard work you put in .i am a very lucky winner just for once luck went my way.DTT

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

What a gripping finale – after 24 weeks (or thereabouts) it went to the final race!

Very weel done to doublethetrouble (send me your details) and commiserations to Anne7.

Very, very many thank to Cup Competition for outstanding admin, very much apprecieated by all the contestants and really added to the excitement.

Plus, of course, thanks to Bob for his tireless efforts. Great stuff Bob as ever.

• Total Posts 4427

Well done

Doublethetrouble

a great win and also well to to

Anne

on getting to the final

Many thanks

CC2010

for your time and effort and superb admin of the comp and thanks to

David

for the putting up the prize

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.