The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

DAVID NICHOLSON MARES HURDLE 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics DAVID NICHOLSON MARES HURDLE 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1511

Yes straight to the Festival…which was always the plan. She is a spring horse and was only entered last week because she was a week ahead of schedule

ranse
    • Total Posts 9

cheers wallace! she looks one of the better festival shorties to me. we’ve got 4odds onners already, come festival eve,i think they’ll be 5.

• Total Posts 1511

Willie seems very confident so……..hopefully she do the business

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Thanks Wallace – anyone considering backing her for the Supreme should take heed of Mullins comments in todays AP Neptune Investments Hurdle that "she’s only 50/50" for the Neptune, presumably the other 50 is the Supreme :)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

I like the Harrington horse called No One Tells Me.Big chance that has.

shaund10
    • Total Posts 101

A lot of talk about Voler la Vadette at preview nights etc. What I could see happening is that you might get one of the best prices of the festival on Quevega at around 6/4.

Quevega worked very well on Sunday apparantly so fitness shouldnt be an issue. It looks very much like a match between the two. VLV is uproven at the track, question marks over the trip and the ground quicker than she has been winning on. Take that into account and that she may not even be better than Quevega over 2 miles, odds against Quevega looks massive.

• Total Posts 2440

Whiteoak has been retired and sent to stud.

Best of luck to her at stud, she has been a great servant for connections, and i will always remember that race she ran at Cheltenham when winning this race in 2008.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Quite like Candy Creek and Easter Legend in this at 20-1 a piece. The two market leaders are beatable but these two look well priced. I think ultimately Easter Legend would prefer this race to be 3 miles but I think she stays very well and with a decent pace she may have a lot of class in the closing stages. Hendersons also looks to be on the up and think she too will be suited by the rise in class.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Will probably give this race a miss although if Aura About You is in similar form to last year she could be placed again. To my eyes Quevega wasn’t that impressive in the recent gallop and I have Voler La Vedette down as a very doubtful stayer.

shers100
    • Total Posts 10

Tom Hogan very sweet on the chances of Premier Victory BP(33s)in this race. Thinks its a each way certainty. :shock:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Tom Hogan very sweet on the chances of Premier Victory BP(33s)in this race. Thinks its a each way certainty. :shock:

Absolutely trounced last time and would surely want softer ground?

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Have already taken a chance on her for the albert bartlett Shers, she has always seemed that bit stronger in the market for the albert bartlett and Im hoping she will go well there. Would think the David Nicholson would be a bit sharp for her, and if it stays good she would have virtually no chance with quevega and co IMO. Do like the look of her for a novice stayers hurdle.

If it comes up good for this I’ll be battering Caroles Legacy e/w at 25s.

shers100
    • Total Posts 10

Have already taken a chance on her for the albert bartlett Shers, she has always seemed that bit stronger in the market for the albert bartlett and Im hoping she will go well there. Would think the David Nicholson would be a bit sharp for her, and if it stays good she would have virtually no chance with quevega and co IMO. Do like the look of her for a novice stayers hurdle.

If it comes up good for this I’ll be battering Caroles Legacy e/w at 25s.

Also think she has a better chance in Albert but from what i gather speaking to him at Race Preview night the Mares race is his preferred option; hopefully he’ll change mind though.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Problem with Quevega we don’t know about? Voler La Vedette backed from 5/2 to 5/4 and JV Vole’s price slashed.

• Total Posts 1511

I can see only 29 quid at 3.3 then a good bit at 2.66.

Wouldn’t be overly worried as he isn’t a huge drift. If their was big money at 3.5 etc i be worried

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

No One Tells Me

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Aura About You to place again.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.